myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
How"s that Tea Party thing workin' out for ya?
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
windoggi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:51 pm    Post subject: How"s that Tea Party thing workin' out for ya? Reply with quote

The Dems had Ralph Nader, Now the Repubs have the Tea Baggers.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw the debate between Sean Hannity and Karl Rove, great stuff.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:57 pm    Post subject: Tea party just fine Reply with quote

3 million more republicans voted than dems yesterday. The teaparty is working just fine. Rove thinks the republicans lost a shoe in with Castle. I believe she will win in nov. Not because she is anything special, she is just not a liberal.
Believe it or not those moron Tea Party people, you know your doctor, plumber, lawyer, pilot, truck drivers, brother , neighbors, there a real scary group. Maybe you should talk to one sometime, instead of judging them with sound bites, from Madcow, Olbeman, etc.
You may have more in common than you think!
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah ... them stupid rednecks whose bottom line is "Live within your means, as we do" SHOULD scare the hell out of ANY Obamanomics fans, whose mantra is "Money is no object. We can take it by force of [our] law until they run out, then just print more."
LHDR

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is from an article on senate candidate O'Donnell by Gail Collins (September 10, 2010). Quite hilarious.

"[...] Her real drawbacks as a candidate are numbers and shrubbery. [...] She said for years that she was a 1993 graduate of Fairleigh Dickinson University, but it turns out she actually got her degree ... last week. And a conservative radio host was compelled to correct her when she claimed that she had won two counties in a 2008 race against Senator Joe Biden. That would have been quite a trick, given that Delaware has only three counties and she lost the election by 65 percent to 35 percent.

“I meant tied,” she said, forcing the host to point out: “You didn’t tie him either.” [...]

About the shrubs. O’Donnell’s campaign pays half the rent on her town house, which she argued is appropriate since she really lives elsewhere, in a location she needs to conceal from her opponents. She told The Weekly Standard that she returns at the end of the day to the town house “and then we have our team come out and check all the bushes and check all the cars” to see if she is being followed by someone who might jeopardize her safety. Her opponents, she added, are also “hiding in the bushes when I’m at candidate forums.” [...]

So this week the Republican Party of Delaware filed a complaint with the Federal Election Commission, claiming the O’Donnell campaign and the Tea Party Express are illegally working in concert. Castle abandoned the high road and began running ads about O’Donnell’s past financial difficulties. (“Owes $11,744 in back taxes. Defaulted on her mortgage.”)

Her campaign believes this will all increase sympathy for their candidate and remind Delaware that O’Donnell is a woman of the people. Which is definitely the case if you define people as individuals whose foliage is filled with enemies. "

- She reminds me of some of the "conservative" voices on this forum.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes we can!
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard from a conservative source I have a lot of faith in that O'Donnell is a totally unqualified, conniving, HUGE-spending farce who can't win once her story reaches the media in force. Now, apparently, Rove and Krauthammer have also criticized her strongly as well.

Last edited by isobars on Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
keycocker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In fact, I have spoken to a number of mostly conservative professionals who had attended a tea party event. We share a common interest in small gov. and balanced budget with that crowd.
Endlessly throwing out jerks until the standards of political representation improve is an idea at the heart of democracy. Tea Party didn't think of this. We were all supposed to be doing that already,but we aren't
My doctor and accountant among others thought the Tea Party folks they met were mostly morons. They were taken aback by that since we all agree on those key issues.
That is too bad.
Take a quick smell of their candidates.Who chose them anyway?
This happened to Neoconservatives, which folks told me I was back in school. The movement was taken over by very smart people who live in small rooms with no windows. When President Cheney chose advisors for his boy, he selected some of these cloistered individuals whose advice proved so flawed that now the word is used as an insult.
That is likely the future of the term Tea Party.
windoggi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never mentioned morons or rednecks. Also, how did you see this thread iso? I thought I was one of the plonked.
swchandler

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bard is so predictable. Where's his originality and real substance? Unfortunately, that's a very scant element in his bag of tricks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55  Next
Page 1 of 55

Jump to: