myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
How"s that Tea Party thing workin' out for ya?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 53, 54, 55  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mac

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe said:
Quote:
Anyone who truly believes in democracy should welcome the emergence of the tea party movement, not ridicule it.

mrgybe, as usual, ignores the funding sources. Maybe he's one of them. Let me remind you--the Koch's--oil executives who have really bad safety and environmental records, out of office Republican Texas representatives with shaky ethics backgrounds, and Glenn Beck. In other words, a wholly owned subsidiary of the neo-conservatives who brought us global wars and fiscal irresponsibility. Windoggie provided enough evidence to show that they are the new "know nothings", with a fringe of Klanners from the old south.

It remains to be seen whether ideological purity in conservatism will sell to independents and moderate Republicans. My prediction is not, and the Tea baggers have snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. But as a Cal fan, I'm used to that.

As an apologist for global carbon emissions and pesticides, I'm not at all surprised that mrgybe ignores the money and conflict of interest issues. He can always say I'm tiresome if he doesn't have a real response.
keycocker

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Were all those PHDs wearing a PHD nametags so you could know who they are at all those rallies?
Where do I get one of those? I can wear one and be a PHD too!
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They don't have to; they wear Birkenstocks and pocket protectors. '-)
keycocker

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has long been standard practice among the right to blame the media when Palin or others say something foolish. That looks pretty thin when the media-including Fox- just takes pictures of the signs folks are holding.
In my youth the far left had the same problem.
I have never heard the media or winddoggie say anything about morons or rednecks when speaking of the TPs.
They are making their own bed in front of us. They aren't any worse than some pretty simple folks out there with other new parties. Fox is just leading the media to cover them more.
Show us a mainstream media piece that calls them fools.
The GOP has no plan or the slightest intention of balancing the budget, now or in the past, just like the Dems. They are happy to promise it, though at rallies, but not when challenged to show the plan.
If these folks know that why bother with the GOP?
I forgot-the biggest TP is a registered GOP PAC.They get paid to believe it.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using the keycocker system of judging millions by a few racey signs.
I have concluded that all liberals are violent, ignorant, and out of control.
Because every time I see an event that attracts the far left (aka morons) there are police dogs, tear gas, looting, nasty signs , you name it.
I guess there is not much to do between welfare checks.
48 days , And we will see what america thinks of the Left.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
Using the keycocker system of judging millions by a few racey signs.
I have concluded that all liberals are violent, ignorant, and out of control.
Because every time I see an event that attracts the far left (aka morons) there are police dogs, tear gas, looting, nasty signs , you name it.
I guess there is not much to do between welfare checks.
48 days , And we will see what america thinks of the Left.

We've discussed this before Matty, please pay attention. The largest welfare States, which contain high populations of non-tax payers are Red States, rural Southern, and Mountain West. The demographics of the Tea Party followers are not impressive. Most are disgruntled Republicans who want change, which is fine, but please dont paint them as Doctors who are taking time off from surgery to go to a protest, we know that not to be the case. BTW, I live in SF, the countries most beautful city, a city that people travel accross the globe to visit, and its also kind of liberal. But there is zero violence at the protests, and there about 50 a day. Nobodys packing heat, like the fella in Arizona, nobody is referring to Obama's ethnicity, and nobody is talking seccession. These are the hallmarks of a good Tea Party rally, I went to one in Bradenton Florida last year, couldnt believe it was the same country.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And Matty, keep up my hopes for a Rethug victory in Nov. Im a financial advisor, and when the market gets a Dem prez with a Rethug Congress, the stocks go BESERK! think Clinty and Newt, from 1995-2000(well 1998, Newt got booed)
Im drooling for a Repub victory in 48 days, so its a win-win. We're together on this one.
keycocker

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last election was not about Right- Left and the next will be the same.
Americans were so sick of bad gov. that they voted change and will do so again.
Using the Mat-te system of judging people
GOP -good
Liberal-all liberals are violent, ignorant, and out of control.
makes it unnecessary to know anything at all about the TPs. I agree with some key points in their agenda. I read their signs because they want me to read them. I can then see what that person thinks.
My conservative friends found them to be posturing and naive. Forming an opinion out of this kind of direct experience takes a lot more time and thought.
mac

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where's the Tea Party money coming from? Dick Armey--now there's a guy. David and Charlie Koch--the John Birch Society runs in their blood. And Rupert Murdoch. Remember what happened the last time we believed a Texas neo-conservative? And his job after being a Congressman? Lobbying for big pharma. Can you spell astroturf?
mat-ty

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And were do the lefty nitwits get there money. from George SoreAss,
Can you spell BAKLAVA?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 53, 54, 55  Next
Page 3 of 55

Jump to: