myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
How"s that Tea Party thing workin' out for ya?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 53, 54, 55  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrgybe

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That democracy thing can be so inconvenient. The Brits allowed democracy to run its course and Parliament voted against action in Syria. The Obama Administration reaction? Under the bus with them!! The French are now our "oldest ally". Merde!! Who knew?
mac

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't stay on topic, eh? Perhaps some Ritalin would help? Still looking for a single accomplishment of the Tea Party. Comparing elected officials, with a track record, to the Occupy movement, is distraction. Glad I cleared that up for you?

By the way, I'm with the Democrats and conservative Republicans for a vote. But Obama haters disgust me.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michelle was just on CNN..........apparently BHO is refusing to get out of bed this morning.
mac

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Such a class act. As in no. But you are one with the party you tout.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which party? The Demicans or Repubocrats?
keycocker

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a time when Dems and republicans were nearly he same but that is far behind us.
The Dems have drawn a lot of centrists and conservatives, and the GOP has Bachman, odonnell, Trump et al.
This change wasn't so good for the Party of Lincoln.
After the civil rights movement many uneducated Democratic racists were angry at the Dems for supporting Martin King. The GOP welcomed them and offered just as much welfare as the Dems.
This is why GOP states are the ones with the most welfare payouts.
In a way the Dems are returning to their glory days when both Parties had lib,conservative, and moderate wings.

This leaves me and most oldfashioned conservatives with no party to represent us.
mac

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC--so true. I know a lot of pretty conservative California Republicans--who are ashamed of what their party has become. Ideas like these:

http://www.alternet.org/story/149848/11_of_the_tea_party_gop's_most_ridiculous_policy_ideas_(so_far)

So I'll wait until RR and NW scold me again for labeling these guys Tea Baggers and knuckle draggers. And I'll wait, patiently but confidently, for someone to come up with something good that they've actually done.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Tea Party has done nothing legislatively. They live to elect people who adhere more closely to the original intent of our constitution, believe in limited government, and support a free market economy.

In case you haven't noticed, this economy (especially real estate and medicine) are controlled by big government bureaucrats. This is not a free market system any more. The stock market and real estate are dependent on free money and a huge federal deficit. Dependent upon market manipulations by the Fed and mandates. And of course Obama care is devastating job growth and salaries. 7 out of 8 jobs created since the "recovery" started are part time.

So make fun of the Tea Party if you wish, but they've done nothing to harm this nation. And, don't lump every conservative into the Tea Party mold. We are all different.
mac

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something good? Anything?
keycocker

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a Tea by temperament but the reality confuses me.
When I hire someone to fix the plumbing or work as a Congressman, it is not OK with me if they support a free market economy but don't work.
To get a paycheck they have to fix the pipes or write legislation that achieves those lofty goals.
If the culprit is a carpenter, I would likely sue to get back the money, no matter how much he loved the Constitution.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 53, 54, 55  Next
Page 54 of 55

Jump to: