myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
1st Amendment under Attack?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:47 am    Post subject: 1st Amendment under Attack? Reply with quote

In the shadow of "Isogate" one must ask, is the locking of threads an attack on the 1st Amendment?
DanWeiss

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Straight answer, of course not. The 1st Amendment protection of free speech applies only to governmental/state action.

Dufus answer, Yes. Of course its just a sign of Obamacare and the leftists that want to fluorinate water and vaccinate children so they may become drones in the Ploitburo's version of novus ordo seclorum.

mogunn

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After having 4 posts deleted on the "irresponsible kiter" thread, I was so disgusted that I sent a message to iWindsurf last night reporting moderator abuse. Apparently isobars can lie and say despicable things about folks, and he gets a pass, but call attention to the fact that he does it and provide proof, and your post is quickly deleted. While iWindsurf hasn't responded to my report yet, I certainly hope that they have the integrity to do so. Frankly, if iWindsurf is going to moderate discussion, I expect more fairness and professionalism on their part.

By the way mo, thanks for providing that earlier link and comments that offered clear proof of isobars' lies and deceit.
mac

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mo--you've topped yourself. The perfect symbol for the closed mind.
DanWeiss

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In defense of the folks at iW, they've been very responsive to moderation issues on these fora. When the recently departed Robert Bruce Swift, Jr. was at his worst, he dropped all sorts of racial and ethnic epithets to which the iW people provided a thoughtful reply in private and a visible response in public.

As I've always believed, political differences cannot determine the intrinsic value of anyone. Typing manifestos onto a political forum is far different from taking action against which opponents might decry.

Mr. Fick might be a very nice guy in person. Any inconsistencies from that norm remain his issue but provide much levity/anger online. If he's taking steps to quash specific posts, he must then answer to all of us -at least in theory.

Until then, I enjoy my sabbatical from active debate with him. We'll see how long that lasts but it's rather peaceful at the moment.

keycocker

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does Iso still post here? Why would anyone read them?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: