myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Bring back DUDE-BRO-MAN
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
forwards

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Bring back DUDE-BRO-MAN Reply with quote

Was hoping to catch-up on his most recent thread and suddenly it was gone, again! While I think his tag line could use some work, the rest of his posts are clean enought and don't warrant censorship. Wanted to arrange a get together with him at Roosevet upwind from Iso's RV to celebrate the new WA state law, and the moderator (iso?) nixed the thread. I think we all know who is the real "GARDEN TOOL" on this forum.
windoggi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He looks shorter than I imagined. Any iso pic?
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Bring back DUDE-BRO-MAN Reply with quote

forwards wrote:
Was hoping to catch-up on his most recent thread and suddenly it was gone, again! While I think his tag line could use some work, the rest of his posts are clean enought and don't warrant censorship. Wanted to arrange a get together with him at Roosevet upwind from Iso's RV to celebrate the new WA state law, and the moderator (iso?) nixed the thread. I think we all know who is the real "GARDEN TOOL" on this forum.

Roosevelt is federal land, thank God.

Of course the moderator cut a thread advocating drug use. Why shouldn't it? Being legal doesn't make it acceptable or advisable. Hell, alcohol and cigarettes are legal, and look at the hundreds of thousands of people -- many of them bystanders -- they kill.
forwards

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Bring back DUDE-BRO-MAN Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
forwards wrote:

Roosevelt is federal land, thank God.

Of course the moderator cut a thread advocating drug use. Why shouldn't it? Being legal doesn't make it acceptable or advisable. Hell, alcohol and cigarettes are legal, and look at the hundreds of thousands of people -- many of them bystanders -- they kill.

So I guess we won't be inviting Iso to any of our safety meetings at Swell -- besides, its private land and he cant call in the g-men to get us. Policing this forum for silly things like DUDE-BRO-MAN started is stupid... beside, there are a lot more of safety-inclined or generally tolerant riders on this forum than conservatives like Iso and thousands of forum posts bashing Iso to prove it.
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:18 am    Post subject: Re: Bring back DUDE-BRO-MAN Reply with quote

forwards wrote:
there are a lot more of ... generally tolerant riders on this forum than conservatives like Iso and thousands of forum posts bashing Iso to prove it.

At least you have the honesty to admit the latter ... even if your confession is self-contradictory. I.E., how does bashing the conservative fit in with that false claim of tolerance?

And if I were moderator, as you imply, the baseless bashing of anyone would cease.
westender

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Dude said I was wrong about the flag. It's Peter Tosh not Bob Marley. Cool
jota

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Bring back DUDE-BRO-MAN Reply with quote

error

Last edited by jota on Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
jota

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Bring back DUDE-BRO-MAN Reply with quote

isobars wrote:

Should they censor threads that refer to drinking alcohol or smoking cigarettes? Riding bicycles without a helmet maybe? Everything that is not "acceptable or advisable"?

I'd be curious to know if there are written guidelines for the forum. I think that censorship should be limited to personal attacks and inciting violence. (Heck, posters push the boundaries on "personal attacks" but Iso seems to fan the flames . . . "
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Fan the flames"? Yes, for those so intolerant and fearful of conservative ideas that they are obsessed with demonizing their authors.

We don't see drinkers and smokers promoting or glorifying their wares or habits in front of kids, many of whom are being led to believe pot isn't harmful.
windoggi

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
pot isn't harmful.
Well, if you say its ok....spark it up!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: