myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Surely.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:57 am    Post subject: Surely. Reply with quote

Surely I can't be the only one who sees this section of the forum as being dominated by a propaganda merchant, who has driven many interesting past contributors to have lost interest and desert it?

Do others really see it as a better and more interesting place than it used ti be, pre take over? Just wondering, so we can see how things stand?
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is propaganda merchant a nice way of saying total A-hole?
mat-ty

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just ignore the fool, I never respond to him.
techno900

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes it's hard to ignore him, but that may be the ultimate solution. I rarely read what he posts (it has been repeated a 1000 times anyway). He clearly has little to do in his Baja bunker other than to post on line.

I will ignore all his posts and will not respond.

Liberals here already ignore him, even though he is "on their side", simply because they can't bear to acknowledge that he is one of them.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a couple of posters I simply don't read any longer.

GT, none of us are obligated to read, or respond, to all the posts. Sometimes you just know there will not be any new information, new vulgarities or enlightening information. So, why bother?

Obviously, you are not one of the posters in that category!

I do agree that the discourse here has deteriorated to the point that it has become more of a curiosity or entertainment more often than informative for me. I don't blame a single poster for this.
cgoudie1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:07 am    Post subject: Re: Surely. Reply with quote

Greetings GT,

In the past, I did enjoy the constructive debate, but this part of the forum
has degenerated into more of a Pythonesque Argument side show without
the humor. As has been said, I rarely read input from several of the posters.

Maybe we should start a "Politics and Off Topic for the Civil" section, though
I suspect a quick degeneration will occur anywhere there is a pulpit.

-Craig

GURGLETROUSERS wrote:
Surely I can't be the only one who sees this section of the forum as being dominated by a propaganda merchant, who has driven many interesting past contributors to have lost interest and desert it?

Do others really see it as a better and more interesting place than it used ti be, pre take over? Just wondering, so we can see how things stand?
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well yes, I suppose any forum or discussion group has a cross to bear. But I've no idea (other than a wish to run away from it, screaming) what set my current train of thought in motion, about surfing on the Moon. (Or Mars, whichever future theme park is set up.)

I was wondering if, to replicate the wave break in Earth gravity, there would need to be added copious supplies of thickening custard powder (minus lumps, of course) to the mix? At anyrate, waves should really jack up somewhat higher (scary) and the drop may take quite some time!

But hey, it really is belatedly a little more Spring like here at last, and the weeds seem to be breaking out earlier. (Bugger the weather!!)
LHDR

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GT, I agree. And even though I basically try to ignore the posts, it's a bit cumbersome, also since people do respond and then it goes back and forth for a while and fills up the screen. All this is somewhat unfortunate since this person actually makes good points at times.

To me, this forum is the place to see relatively extreme right-wing thinking expressed which seems to represent half the US. In my real world, I know a few "Republicans" but they are more like Republicans from the past, Roosevelt, Eisenhower, Nixon, Bush I or coboardhead.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LHDR

The GOP, and the Catholic Church, both kicked me out!

GT

You did get me thinking a bit about wave propagation. Density, of course, is defined by gravity. And, waves are subject to the density of the material. But, the driving force is what is most concerning to me. What would be that force on either the Moon or Mars?
real-human

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Surely. Reply with quote

GURGLETROUSERS wrote:

oh my goodness I thought not being politically correct was the new politically correct thing to be doing...

Hey you little crybaby go take the ball and go home with it like the trust fund kids do.

See here in America even under trump though as he has said the free press/ie free speech is bad and people should be beaten like the old days for free speech. Well, Mr. flat world UKer you cannot take my free speech away as much and as hard as you and the Russians and Trump would love too. Ha ha

Not though I have challenged you and any other religious right wing wackos here to find an error in my posts to date You have not. all your right wing wackos cannot find even one handful of where I was so wrong. hahahaha

Now why am I here.... it took a long while but I was disgusted with the racists on this forum. So I joined in to point out their hate. Nazi Poster especially got me here so you blame it on that piece of religious wacko.

Well, I have a black brother and sister who I want to have the same freedoms and liberty and free speech as I.

Well, I have a childhood bet friend whos brother I knew well and admired that was murdered in cold blood by a right wing hater for no other reason than my friend walked out of a gay bar.

and finally, the DNC (not that I am involved just get emails) sent out an email many years ago to the effect that after a debate that liberals need to not be silent. That we too need to write letters to editors of our local media and participate in polls and so on. IE they said do not allow the voice of reason to be drowned out by the voice of the insane right wing. IE we will have more right wing heros like McVeigh and see we even have a serial racist rapist as president.

ya your last anacdotal post on the environment has sent you to the crying game. Great you little bed wetter.

also so funny I brought up one of Maddies prime threads before I was here to show how stupid it was before I came. I did not notice the hypocrit Gurglepuke puking his crying game on that thread. Seems to me you right wingers believe you can dish your anacdotal lies without getting real information with links slammed up your. Well, go cry where your mommy cares you spoiled little babies. see link below about ya...

again you start it and I just dish it back at ya... my goesh you idiots went after Clintons land investment for 2 independent counsels and 7 years and have never stopped... little whimps...

http://berkeley.edu/news/media/releases/2006/03/block.pdf
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x2177137

How to spot a baby conservative

Whiny children, claims a new study, tend to grow up rigid and traditional. Future liberals, on the other hand ...

Mar. 19, 2006
KURT KLEINER
SPECIAL TO THE STAR

Quote:
Remember the whiny, insecure kid in nursery school, the one who always thought everyone was out to get him, and was always running to the teacher with complaints? Chances are he grew up to be a conservative. At least, he did if he was one of 95 kids from the Berkeley area that social scientists have been tracking for the last 20 years. The confident, resilient, self-reliant kids mostly grew up to be liberals.

The study from the Journal of Research Into Personality isn't going to make the UC Berkeley professor who published it any friends on the right. Similar conclusions a few years ago from another academic saw him excoriated on right-wing blogs, and even led to a Congressional investigation into his research funding.

But the new results are worth a look. In the 1960s Jack Block and his wife and fellow professor Jeanne Block (now deceased) began tracking more than 100 nursery school kids as part of a general study of personality. The kids' personalities were rated at the time by teachers and assistants who had known them for months. There's no reason to think political bias skewed the ratings — the investigators were not looking at political orientation back then. Even if they had been, it's unlikely that 3- and 4-year-olds would have had much idea about their political leanings.

A few decades later, Block followed up with more surveys, looking again at personality, and this time at politics, too. The whiny kids tended to grow up conservative, and turned into rigid young adults who hewed closely to traditional gender roles and were uncomfortable with ambiguity.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/mind-in-the-machine/201609/the-psychology-behind-donald-trumps-unwavering-support

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/07/conservative-politics-low-effort-thinking_n_1410448.html?ref=mostpopular
Conservative Politics, 'Low-Effort' Thinking Linked In New Study

http://www.ravallirepublic.com/html_5fee0ea8-4750-11df-9e30-001cc4c03286.html

Gjc7Jg_gMy0 youtube

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: