myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
obamas freeloading aunt
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coboardhead

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Swchandler.

We really have to move forward. This plan is a work in progress.

I think the more explicit portions of the plan that deal with insurance regulations and requirements are necessary elements.

The methods for reducing costs and delivering care still need work!

There will be a lot of dialogue between providers, insurers and consumers in the months ahead.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

feuser wrote:
isobars wrote:
....Besides, the Canadian health care system is not worthy of a second-world, let alone fully civilized, country, according to its own government's and health care system's evaluations.

Strange that Isobars knows all this but Canadians don't seem to. They're so uninformed about the reasons for the failings of their own health care system that 86% of them favor "public solutions" to make it better.

http://www.nupge.ca/node/2486

Ha Ha . My sis and Bro-in -law lived in Canada fro 15 years, now in Washington with ISO and they miss the Canadian NHS. Both are very healthy outdoorsy, and they loved the system. I think if the USA went that way and incentivized people to be healthy, it would work big time. But it would hurt Pfizer, JNJ, Merck, and Lilly, and we cant have that .
keycocker

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The social element can't be ignored. Canadians are fairly healthy as countries go. The don't have our obesity problems and are generally thought to be more cooperative and less psycho than some groups of Americans.
This helps when your social issues can be eased through cooperation.
isobars

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

keycocker wrote:
MIke has never seen the Health Bill.

Then how did I post several sections of it verbatim?

KC, you're busted. Your sticks need some serious sharpening.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keycocker said - "The social element can't be ignored. Canadians are fairly healthy as countries go. The don't have our obesity problems and are generally thought to be more cooperative and less psycho than some groups of Americans.
This helps when your social issues can be eased through cooperation."

The United States, really is, a republic composed of states. There is significant variation in political ideology, race, ethnic background and yes, attitudes toward health and fitness. This makes developing a health care plan extremely difficult. I have often wondered what portion of our health care dollars can be attributed to the unhealthy lifestyles and how that compares to other health care systems. It could significantly skew the numbers.

Now, we are not adopting the Canadian system, the British system, etc. We have our own plan on the books. Let's get that implemented!

There is still room for input from conservatives and liberals in the development of care delivery, cost savings and incentive methods for healthy lifestyles.

That's what our lawmakers should be doing!
isobars

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's hope Berwick gets that message. Most Democratic senators and representatives apparently have, as almost none of them are touting Ocare in their campaign ads.
keycocker

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Want me to cut paste some short sections of the health bill from an extremist site for you Mike?
Then we can both claim to have a copy of the health bill and read mainly that for info about it.
In all of these posts you are fooling no one at all.I ask again whats the point? You could actually try to read the bill for example.

Become the person you are pretending to be and you would get admiration here like most of those you censor.
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I neither possess a hard copy of the bill nor have any interest in reading 2,500 pages of legalese. Never claimed either. FYI, it's all over the internet in its full glory, posted by everyone from the administration to Gordon Gekko. I, of course, relied exclusively on the impeccable interpretations of Pres Sec Robert Gibbs. Hard copy is for luddites, and the only people obligated by their very reason to exist to read the whole thing did not read it before voting on it.

Anyone who respects a guy who wishes another WSer dead and a guy who publishes an appeal to kill barking neighbors' dogs is not someone I want to associate with. I suspect there are very few here in that septic tank.

Even lower is someone who constantly, openly, obviously, gets caught libeling another for some petty grievance he's not even willing to honestly state and cannot prove.
keycocker

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was the above post talking about another site?
It makes less sense than usual.
Is he saying he wants someone dead? Does he have an unstated grievance?
I normally can follow his stuff because I have listened to Talk but perhaps he finally said something he didn't hear on the radio and got confused.
He couldn't be talking about any other posters here since he says he can't read their posts.
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So now you're attempting to conceal and/or deny your miscreant buddies' statements? Sorry, dood, but those horses are out of the barn and in the public domain. Unfortunately, I have no way to killfile the L.A. Times, and mac was outed by some of the human beings here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: