myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Tea with your bigotry?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
windoggi

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://pol.moveon.org/republicorp_orgchart/?id=24068-1494672-jo2zthx&t=4
feuser

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
Do you really want corporations running this country?

Last time I checked that works for both parties.
And where will we be in future if we let the wacky left determine our future, FRANCE, GREECE, UK, no thanks!

Corporate-run or whacky left - which is it Matty?

http://www.windsurfing.kasail.com/
jp5

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
Mat-ty do you really think having a government bought and paid for by corporate America is a good thing? Do you really want corporations running this country?

Last time I checked that works for both parties.
And where will we be in future if we let the wacky left determine our future, FRANCE, GREECE, UK, no thanks!

Well then perhaps while we're at it we should just off-shore congress. I hear the politicians in Kuala Lumpur work cheap!
mrgybe

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are corporations buying elections for Republicans? Apparently not. The attached chart shows that eleven of the top 20 campaign contributors are unions (last 10 years). The top 20 overwhelmingly gives to Democrats.

http://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/list.php?type=A
swchandler

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty, why do you try to continually suggest that liberals are always so rude to conservatives, when in a great majority of your posts here, you're boldly super negative and rude to liberals folks?

Rather than sounding like a goofy sidekick to isobars, you should be learning a bit more style from mrgybe. Needless to say though, there's still no guarantee that conservative, or more radical conservative ideas will be embraced or accepted.

Regarding the tea partiers, one doesn't have to just highlight the whacky fringe. I think most rational folks listen to what the candidates themselves are saying, and what they're doing. They also look at the candidates' immediate supporters, particularly those under direct hire, but more importantly, it's the folks that you don't see that you need to know more about. With regard to the latter folks, it's super important to dig into their scene and learn more about their underlying goals. The Koch brothers are only an example of those worth considering.

After listening to everything out there, we all make our choices. In my experience over time, we get a lot of what we want, but that also includes a lot of what we don't want.

For you mat-ty, you would be well advised to chill a bit in this period of being apart of something you don't want.
feuser

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
Are corporations buying elections for Republicans? Apparently not. The attached chart shows that eleven of the top 20 campaign contributors are unions (last 10 years). The top 20 overwhelmingly gives to Democrats.

http://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/list.php?type=A

The top democrat donors are all unions. Not for-profit entities, but organizations with the specific purpose of exercising political influence on behalf of large groups of individuals.

keycocker

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Would your hatred for all things tea party, qualify as bigotry? Are you not justifying your hatred towards your fellow Americans, by the actions of a small percentage of nitwits? "
You invented this because I quoted the guy?
You have just supplied me with an opinion for the first time.
You have supplied others with opinions but not me, so I am honored.
If you read this stuff then you know that I support some of the same principles that they do and would be a member if not for the hate filled rhetoric of guys like their founder as quoted above. Is he just some random wacko member?
Does a study by a member of a libertarian think tank of a single tea party rally strike you as a reliable and unbiased view of a hundred thousand or more voters?
I have never seen a hate sign on any TV program other than FOX and they were sponsoring that rally.I don't watch other news on TV.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

feuser wrote:
The top democrat donors are all unions.

..........and lawyers (tort reform anyone?)

feuser wrote:
Not for-profit entities, but organizations with the specific purpose of exercising political influence on behalf of large groups of individuals.

Corporations are also acting on behalf of a large group of individuals........their employees and shareholders. Union donations dwarf most corporate donations, yet we have a constant drumbeat that corporations are buying the election. It's far less than half the story.
mac

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not possible to tell if mrgybe is lying about contributions; he is not known for his scrupulous research. He is, however, dead wrong. Union contributions are about 1/10 of corporate contributions. Mrgybe, along with others of the rightish delusion here are only to eager to ignore, or forgive the roots of the Tea Party in Texas Republican money, the contributions of the right wingers who started the John Birch Society, and the Brown-shirt behavior of the Rand Paul supporters who stomp opponents at their rallies. The strong whiff of anti-Hispanic, or excuse me, anti illegal immigrant, rhetoric as the tool to whip up the truly bigoted without using any of those rude words.

Yes, there are Tea Party supporters, maybe quite a few, that seem concerned about the role of government. The problem is that they have decided to get in bed with the bigots, the lunatic Christian right that want to again make this a Christian Country, not withstanding the Constitution, and their violent henchmen that can be found at any Rand Paul rally. None of them seem to care about the corporate de-regulatory agenda behind the financial support going to Tea parters. When you lie down with dogs, you wake up with fleas.
feuser

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
]

Corporations are also acting on behalf of a large group of individuals........their employees and shareholders. Union donations dwarf most corporate donations, yet we have a constant drumbeat that corporations are buying the election. It's far less than half the story.

Employees? Hmm... nope. How about the employees chose their own representative - minus exec decision.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 2 of 24

Jump to: