myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Wall Street collapse ... an "Inside Job"?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boggsman1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im a nice guy, I dont know why ISO has to specify it. Maybe if he read my above post, he'd retract it. With all due respect, Eric Bolling is a talking head. He is a host on Fox Business News, and is because of his hardline right views. He is against anything Obama. Barry Ritholz is not poliitcal in any way, no trace of Repub or Dem leanings, Bolling is a hard liner, and he hasnt been a trading force for many years.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
Im a nice guy, I dont know why ISO has to specify it. Maybe if he read my above post, he'd retract it. With all due respect, Eric Bolling is a talking head. He is a host on Fox Business News, and is because of his hardline right views. He is against anything Obama. Barry Ritholz is not poliitcal in any way, no trace of Repub or Dem leanings, Bolling is a hard liner, and he hasnt been a trading force for many years.

You haven't been very nice to me.. Sad
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
You haven't been very nice to me.. Sad

???

If Boggs were nice I wouldn't have killfiled him. Besides, we've seen Bollings' creds and could Google pages more if necessary. Who's "Boggsman" but an anonymous internet wanker who claims to work in a bank building and is posting this crap on company time (quote: "Sorry, I cant watch youtube at work")?

Last edited by isobars on Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
boggsman1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha ha ha , vetty funny. i know Im a nobody, but so is everybody else wasting time on this forum. I dont think much of Eric Boling, he's a TV guy. But that doesnt matter. My opinion is that the GM pre-packaged BK was a good choice, given the other options, at the time time. Time will tell if my opinion plays out , the same with Mr. Bolling. But Mr. Bolling is hired to tote the right wing viewpoint, I am not hired to tote anything, thats why I side with Barry R. on this one.
Bard, are you crazy, Im super nice to you Laughing
mac

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boggsy--you nailed it. And Iso is wrong, the unions were forced to the table on the pension issue. It took blood letting from both management and the unions to have any chance of survival, and it required a Democrat to get the unions to believe anything that management said. Whether or not the restructuring works in the long term remains to be seen, but this was a classic workout in a time of contraction, and saved bundles of public costs for unemployment. Oh, that's right, the Republicans hate unemployment and blocked any more funding for it yesterday! Because some of the money comes from the businesses.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac...the one thing everybody involved in any discussion on this topic the last three years has to contemplate is -what were the options at the time? You choose one and hope for the best. Given the circumstances at the time..with the country losing 700,000 jobs a month, and the banks insolvent, this choice(pre-pack bk) was the best, and I hope it works out. Bush kicked the can down the road with bailout cash for the big three(Ford didnt need any), and Obama took the decisive action.
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And now it comes out from the same source that GM was also given $45B in future tax credits, which ultimately adds $45B to taxpayer load as those taxes come due.

It gets even worse if the public swallows the administration's and left wing media's echoed claims that the GM bailout was a success and lets the administration get away with pumping out more bailouts. Oops, did I say "lets" ... as though we can stop them before 2011 or 2013?

Reid's already rolling out the next $4B stimulus, using our taxes to support uneconomic Chevy Volts which ultimately make us more dependent on China.

What I don't understand about the bigger picture -- Donkeys vs Elephants -- is why this forum's lefties keep supporting this administration's endless stream of fickups despite the damning evidence presented here, in the honest media, and often in the left wing media, especially considering the mass migration of the near left and the center towards the right as the real Obama continues to step forward.
mac

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isobars rants showing how fully bull goose looney he is are only mildly amusing. What is more terrifying is the style, straight out of Fox. He censors what people actually say on the forum in order to mis-characterize it and then rant. Meanwhile, Sarah Palin shows her true colors by attacking Kennedy's comments about the separation of church and state. Be very clear why these people are truly terrifying. Their objective is a religious right run dictatorship, dancing to the tune of corporate money. She will run, and that is her agenda.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She'll make it easy for me to decide who to vote for.

I WAS a McCain fan; but she convinced me otherwise.

I am not alone, among moderates, in fear of the intended entangling of church and state of the far right. This creates more of a concern for me than anything the lefties throw at us!
feuser

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:

If Boggs were nice I wouldn't have killfiled him. Besides, we've seen Bollings' creds and could Google pages more if necessary. Who's "Boggsman" but an anonymous internet wanker who claims to work in a bank building and is posting this crap on company time (quote: "Sorry, I cant watch youtube at work")?

Wow. Speechless.

http://www.windsurfing.kasail.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: