myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Why the GOP IS the root of all evil...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 196, 197, 198 ... 250, 251, 252  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nw30

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:

My honesty aside, I asked you a question at the end of the last post, and you avoided it. One wonders whether your conscience is clear.

Again, you asked me a BS question that I would never ask you, or anyone else here, because it's really none of my business.
My conscience is quite clear.
Why you felt you needed to come clean about something that nobody asked you about, is beyond me. But I hope it made you feel better.
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
Cool, I just got called another name by Dean, one I don't think he's used on me yet.

Isn't that much like finding another grain of sand in Baja?
real-human

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:02 am    Post subject: Justice Dept. Now Focusing On U.S. Right-Wingers, Instead Of Reply with quote

finally the right wingers are profiled accurately...

Isn't amazing that they have not till now when McVeigh and right wingers have always been the largest terrorist organization in the USA.... shows how the police FBI and so on people are so right wing themselves that they can not see the american taliban for what they are and have been since the dawn of being right wingers.

Next we need to do a major firing at the military and clean house of the right wing american haters there too. We need to stop the brain washing of the entire military whos culture is to hate americans. McVeigh was also a part of that brainwashing. My brother a liberal who enlisted in the Marines was sicken by the hate talk in basic training to not be a sissy commie liberal by the instructors. this brainwashing of hate of americans should be a jailable offense when taught on taxpayers money.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2015/10/16/justice-dept-now-focusing-on-u-s-right-wingers-instead-of-jihadists-to-combat-terrorism-image/

Justice Dept. Now Focusing On U.S. Right-Wingers, Instead Of Jihadists To Combat Terrorism

Quote:
The Department of Justice (DOJ) has just created a new post that will investigate right-wing domestic terrorism in the United States, after realizing that most Americans are being killed by non-Islamic domestic terrorists rather than jihadists. So much for the theory that Muslims are the main threat to this country.

Assistant Attorney General John Carlin reiterated this fact at Washington University this past week:

“We recognize that, over the past few years, more people have died in this country in attacks by domestic extremists than in attacks associated with international terrorist groups.”

What has happened is after 9-11 there has been a contorted view that terrorists must look a certain way. People have begun to think of terrorism as being an act solely committed by people of middle eastern descent, but this is factually incorrect. The truth is, since the twin towers were hit, jihadists have only killed 26 people in the U.S. whereas rightwing radicals have killed 48, according to the New America Foundation.

mac

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big surprise, there is more evil afoot from the GOP. Now the house has passed HR1806, which tries to prevent the National Science Foundation from giving grants to anything that the Koch's and their evangelical friends don't like. Such as research into climate change.

This country was once the home of science.
mac

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time to impeach Scalia. From a hearing transcript on the Texas case:

Quote:
JUSTICE SCALIA: There are — there are those who contend that it does not benefit African-­Americans to — to get them into the University of Texas where they do not do well, as opposed to having them go to a less-­advanced school, a less — a slower­-track school where they do well. One of — one of the briefs pointed out that — that most of the — most of the black scientists in this country don’t come from schools like the University of Texas.

MR. GARRE: So this Court—

JUSTICE SCALIA: They come from lesser schools where they do not feel that they’re — that they’re being pushed ahead in — in classes that are too — too fast for them.

MR. GARRE: This Court—

JUSTICE SCALIA: I’m just not impressed by the fact that — that the University of Texas may have fewer. Maybe it ought to have fewer. And maybe some — you know, when you take more, the number of blacks, really competent blacks admitted to lesser schools, turns out to be less. And — and I — I don’t think it — it — it stands to reason that it’s a good thing for the University of Texas to admit as many blacks as possible. I just don’t think—

MR. GARRE: This Court heard and rejected that argument, with respect, Justice Scalia, in the Grutter case, a case that our opponents have and asked this Court to overrule. If you look at the academic performance of holistic minority admits versus the top 10 percent admits, over time, they — they fare better. And, frankly, I don’t think the solution to the problems with student body diversity can be to set up a system in which not only are minorities going to separate schools, they’re going to inferior schools. I think what experience shows, at Texas, California, and Michigan, is that now is not the time and this is not the case to roll back student body diversity in America.

Separate but equal makes a comeback? Remember Scalia is the man with no grasp of judicial ethics. From the LA Times:

Quote:
WASHINGTON — Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia was the guest of a Kansas law school two years ago and went pheasant hunting on a trip arranged by the school's dean, all within weeks of hearing two cases in which the dean was a lead attorney.

The cases involved issues of public policy important to Kansas officials. Accompanying Scalia on the November 2001 hunting trip were the Kansas governor and the recently retired state Senate president, who flew with Scalia to the hunting camp aboard a state plane.

Two weeks before the trip, University of Kansas School of Law Dean Stephen R. McAllister, along with the state's attorney general, had appeared before the Supreme Court to defend a Kansas law to confine sex offenders after they complete their prison terms.

Two weeks after the trip, the dean was before the high court to lead the state's defense of a Kansas prison program for treating sex criminals.

Scalia was hosted by McAllister, who also served as Kansas state solicitor, when he visited the law school to speak to students. At Scalia's request, McAllister arranged for the justice to go pheasant hunting after the law school event. And the dean enlisted then-Gov. Bill Graves and former state Senate President Dick Bond, both Republicans, to go as well.

During the weekend of hunting in north-central Kansas, Graves and Bond said in separate interviews recently, they did not talk about the cases with Scalia, nor did they view the trip as a way to win his favor.

Scalia later sided with Kansas in both cases.

In a written statement, Scalia said: "I do not think that spending time at a law school in which the counsel in pending cases was the dean could reasonably cause my impartiality to be questioned. Nor could spending time with the governor of a state that had matters before the court."

Earlier this year, the Los Angeles Times reported that Scalia had been a guest of Vice President Dick Cheney on Air Force Two when they went duck hunting in southern Louisiana. That trip came shortly after the high court had agreed to hear Cheney's appeal seeking to keep secret his national energy policy task force.

The details of the Louisiana hunting trip, coupled with the visit to Kansas, provide a rare look at a Supreme Court justice who has socialized with government officials at times when legal matters important to them were before the high court.
nw30

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
Big surprise, there is more evil afoot from the GOP. Now the house has passed HR1806, which tries to prevent the National Science Foundation from giving grants to anything that the Koch's and their evangelical friends don't like. Such as research into climate change.

This country was once the home of science.

True, then it became the home of pop-culture, for about the last 20 years, including this one. Now it just may return to the home of real science, not pop-culture science.
mac

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NW--you wouldn't know science if it bit you on the ass.
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NW30, your cartoon is performed almost daily on the world stage. Obama calmly mumbles something about ISIL or workplace violence as though he was reading a grocery list, then COMES ALIVE AND VIGOROUSLY RAILS ABOUT THE FACT THAT THE WEATHER IS CHANGING.

I say "weather" because that is an observable fact, whereas this global warming thing is a stupid computer model chosen from >10 such models because it is the most alarming and the hell with the FACT that trial runs of it against actual observed WEATHER have already proven it wrong.

Only two topics wake this guy up lately: the weather and gun control. ISIL? Still a contained JV worth only 8% of his Oval Office chat about San Bernardino. But coming down on the rights of MODEL CITIZENS* to bear arms he doesn't like? 28%.

* I'll have to explain that to the left: ONLY THE GOOD GUYS OBEY GUN LAWS.
mac

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just read "A House Divided", by Ryan Lizza in the current New Yorker, an account of the overthrow of Boehner by the Freedom Caucus. I immediately thought of NW when I read these lines: (Tom Cole is a Republican from Oklahoma--but I guess not conservative enough for the Tea baggers.)

Quote:
...Boehner also helped create the largest Republican majority since 1928. "The tragedy is, a lot of people wanted and demanded more than he could ever deliver," Cole said...I'm not saying John Boehner was a bad teacher. I think he was an excellent teacher. I just don't think he had the brightest students in the world."

We used to recognize government as an important element in the totality that makes up a nation, and aspired to select the most talented people to serve. Those who profess to hate government fail to see the relationship between weak governments in parts of Africa and the Middle East, and the ability of terrorism to thrive in the power vacuum. Some now aspire to select only extreme opponents of government, no matter their intelligence. Watch them shut down government and nominate Trump, and end up with a Democratic president and Senate as a result.
nw30

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This bit of true history made me think of mac and his blinding support of the dems, no matter what they have done.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now There’s Video=> Jimmy Carter Bans Iranian Immigrants from US, Deported Students During Hostage Crisis

Jim Hoft Dec 11th, 2015 8:35 am —Leave a Comment

The liberal media and Republican Party elites erupted this week after Donald Trump announced his plan to ban Muslim immigrants from the US until the government can assure it is safe to do so.

But Democrat Jimmy Carter did the same thing, and much more during the Iranian hostage crisis.

For the vid~
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2015/12/now-theres-video-jimmy-carter-bans-iranian-immigrants-from-us-deported-students-during-hostage-crisis/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 196, 197, 198 ... 250, 251, 252  Next
Page 197 of 252

Jump to: