myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Brady 2012
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jp5

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
... rape my childrens future, and steal money from hard working people...

You've just described the republican political mantra.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is another Moonbat teacher , polluting the minds of our children.

http://www.mynorthwest.com/category/news_chick_blog/20101201/UW-prof-compares-military-recruiters-with-child-sex-predators/
mat-ty

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You must be confused jpbassking, my kids are legal, us citizens
mrgybe

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
I would like to think its possible, but I think as long as you have an internet, and just one person who want to be a whistle blower, you will have the possibility. Our life is on the WWW, I dont see how it can be stopped.

It's difficult, but it can be stopped..........I spent a year of my life doing just that for a very large corporation. But it requires rigid focus..........an understanding across the organization of what information is truly sensitive.......and making sure that only the right people have access to that information. Unfortunately, the government seems to classify almost everything.........low level bureaucrats trying to feel important........and as a consequence sensitive information gets lost in a sea of trivia...........and wide access has to be granted to get at the trivia, thus opening up the important stuff to inappropriate eyes. To undo that would be a massive job..........I don't believe the government is capable of fixing it.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
coboardhead wrote:
Mr. Gybe:

You argued earlier that businesses don't have a responsibility to anything except the bottom line (or the wishes of the board). Yet, you slam Mr. Soros for doing just that. Is this a double standard, or are you starting to lean a little left?

I didn't "slam" Soros..........merely questioned Boggsy's hero worship. As it happens, I support closer scrutiny of hedge fund activity........and taxing their profits as ordinary income. Sadly, as I have pointed out previously, the hedge fund players are smarter than those tasked with overseeing them, so piling on new regulation is unlikely to be effective.

Once again Mr G. you are making a lot of sense. My "hero" status is a bit exaggerated for effect. here is one rule that would change a lot: the 20% incentive, be taxed as ordinary income AND vest over 5 years. That way you more closely align with the limiteds, remove the go for broke bets, and remove the high water mark scams that occur.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Gybe said

Quote:
.... I support closer scrutiny of hedge fund activity........and taxing their profits as ordinary income.

I concur with this in general principal. The topic on taxing investiment income is probably dead for a couple years, if the compromise tax bill goes through.

But, some mechanism should be developed that subjects this income to SS, Medicare and ordinary income taxes. Accomplishing this, without penalizing small investors or venture capitalists may be difficult.

Maybe capital gains should be defined on a 2 year basis?

Edited - just read Boggsman's post. Something like that could work.
jp5

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
You must be confused jpbassking, my kids are legal, us citizens

So are kids whose parents aren't us citizens... Laughing
mac

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was hedge fund money trying to escape taxation that was a large share of the anonymous funding for Republicans. Do you really think any Republicans will bite that hand?
swchandler

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"As it happens, I support closer scrutiny of hedge fund activity........and taxing their profits as ordinary income."

Bravo mygybe, seemingly we do have some common ground.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here we go: Ron Paul just named committe chair of Fed Oversight panel. He has been quoted a zillion times saying he would abolish the FED. Now, the big talking Republican has the power to start that action. The Fed's balance sheet is 3TRILLION strong, Treasuries, Mortgages and Toxic garbage off loaded by IB's in the Sept 2008-Mar 2009 period. lets see if his mouth and pen are aligned.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: