myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
What should we cut to reduce the deficit?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mat-ty

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://waterfrontrentalsinc.com/burnell-b3_condo.htm

Coboardhead check out this condo on Kalmus beach CC, I stay here every year, It is awesome, wake up roll out of bed and rip. Kalmus is great bump and jump, swells and ferry waves , madness when it goes off, which according to iwindsurf is more than any other beach on the east coast. If its no blowing there are a lot of things to do , ferrys to nantucket and the vineyard are in walking distance. Something to consider if you have never seen the cape and islands.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matty

Looks pretty sweet. We're more the "crash in the back of the pickup at the launch" sort of folks though. Never have sailed the East Coast due to the drive; but maybe someday..
swchandler

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I've gone to the Gorge, and that been a lot over the last 21 years, I have to say that my primary focus point stopping overnight both going up and back has been SI, and I've often delayed my schedule to take advantage of stellar conditions on some trips.

While your traveling plans to the Gorge mostly likely follow a different path, you might want to do one of the legs differently, to include SI and the SF Bay area as a part of the trip. I doubt that you would regret it, particularly if the conditions happen to be great, like they so often are.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler

The only other sailing couple from my little town spend July at Rio V and love it. Course they have an air conditioned trailer and we sleep in our truck on top of, and wedged between, our gear. It is on our list for sure.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wind down south has been 4.0-5.0 many days this spring. Surf has been epic with many mast high days at Arroyo Laguna, Jalama and even Malibu. Weather pattern has brought a very late spring pattern. This may hold for much of the summer. Cali has been beautiful.

If you really want some surf, San Carlos has been firing, and should continue through August. Many south swells still in the water and projected for the next 2 weeks.

Maybe a California road trip following the fronts north and south along with epic surf. Nothing like Big Sur on the way south to Arroyo.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevenbard
Cali coast in the spring sounds great. I used to sail a Hobie out of Belmont Shores back in the day. Spring could rip!
I have been to SC in late Sept and had great conditons. I am going to try to go again this year same time.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead wrote:
Stevenbard
Cali coast in the spring sounds great. I used to sail a Hobie out of Belmont Shores back in the day. Spring could rip!
I have been to SC in late Sept and had great conditons. I am going to try to go again this year same time.

CB
You're killing me. South padre for the Spring for a month, SC in the Fall, mix in the Gorge every summer, how the hell do you do it? Im lucky to sprint up to HR in July to grab a few days at the Hatch, or shoot out to Maui in April to grab the last of the waves .
Jealous Boggsman
coboardhead

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boggsman

You forgot a month in Baja and SPI was only 11 days.

I'm close to 10 years older than you. Spent my 30's working 50 - 60 hours per week. With the exception of one Baja road trip in the 80's, I never took more than two weeks off in a year till I was 45.

Bush tax cuts came through for me at just the right time! Laughing
mac

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went back over this topic from the beginning, and the only people that actually contributed suggestions were us "so-called" liberals. Mike ranted about himself, Pelosicare and the "fair tax" with no specifics, and mrgybe made snarky comments without much behind them except taxed enough. When I posed the question of what should the role of Federal government be on flood control and navigation in the light of Mississippi flooding I was attacked for "political posturing." Nothing from Bard, Matty, or the other right wingers. It kind of makes it hard to have an adult discussion when Ryan puts extreme ideas on the table, and another huge tax break for the rich. The Reps in the House endorse in a heartbeat, without thought, discussion, or debate--and are now backing away from as they lose elections in formerly safe districts. Still the party of no? Including no answers?
coboardhead

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe this forum is really a parody of Washington DC Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 11 of 14

Jump to: