myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
sad day
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cgoudie1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will certainly miss Art, but I'm sure he's gone to where the waves are
clean, the wind is steady, and motion is once again a pleasure. My wishes for peace to his friends and family.

-Craig
airtime

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Art was a kind and gentle man. very funny, too! He would buy a quiver of sails from us every Winter at Northwave to help us out. I will miss his smile and dry wit...he passed doing what he loved the most...
wind4us

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:16 pm    Post subject: Re: sad day Reply with quote

What a sweet, kind, and go-for-it man! Not even sure how to process the passing of this long-time gorge icon. He died after a session on the water, surrounded by friends. We should all be so lucky. RIP Art..
johnl

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the picture. I didn't know him by name, but recognize the photo. I remember seeing him around a lot and always with a smile. I arrived a little after he was taken away. Very sad indeed.
dalecookusd7

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been chasing Art around on the water since I was nine years old (24 years ago). I'm going to miss him. I wish my daughter would have had a chance to sail with him too. Great Guy!!!!
Cook family
mot-manhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Art had a spirit that most wished they had he would drive from Seattle every week end. and get out on the water when a lot of us would not. This man had a stroke and his left side didn't work very will. but he steel tried WOW all I can say I was lucky to know Art and call hem my friend Tom
pablomerc

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another hole in our world with Art gone. A truly beautiful person and always part of the Hatch scene. And another wake-up call for all of us to make every day count. Best wishes to all Art's family and friends. Aloha Art!
wind4us

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:15 pm    Post subject: Our Friend Art Reply with quote

Reading through all of the wonderful tributes and memories about Art shared here - is proof of the many lives that he touched and brightened with his quiet, warm hearted, and funny way. He will be missed.
Celebrate him as you can - with a lifted glass and a session in his honor.
Patty & Dave
a123

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately for me, I did not know Art, though I spoke with him at Rowena a couple of times that day.

I'd like to acknowledge the lady windsurfer (whose name I do not know) who worked so hard on Art, both before and after the paramedics arrived.

It was apparent that she knew what she was doing, perhaps as a professional. She refused to give up, even after it was clear from the paramedics' faces that they knew it was futile. I know that it must have been exhausting for her, both physically and emotionally.

There likely were others attempting to revive him also; Hats off to them as well.

Rolfe
pogo805

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are a few pics of Art taken last summer at Maryhill. We will miss him.[/img]

IMG_2679.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  106.8 KB
 Viewed:  19507 Time(s)

IMG_2679.jpeg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: