myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Windsurfing Videos Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
My Gorge statistics
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GuyT

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The worst part is that I get to redo all my statistics because of that extra day spend in the Gorge.

Anyways, see you next year, all my good friends from the Gorge, or maybe this winter, on a beach somewhere in Baja, Arenal or Adicora (yes, its coming back on the map)

Cheers!
reinerehlers

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guy,
Interesting stats. I'm curious what you weigh.
GuyT

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reinerehlers wrote:
Guy,

Thanks, reinerehlers, I weight a 165 pounds, but I have a tendency to rig big, say like a 185 pounder.
johnl

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuyT wrote:
reinerehlers wrote:
Guy,

Thanks, reinerehlers, I weight a 165 pounds, but I have a tendency to rig big, say like a 185 pounder.

Actually you rig bigger than this 185 pound person Smile But then again that's you Cool
reinerehlers

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would you say that this years stats were lighter than other years? I ask because whenever I have been there it was usually on sub 5.0M size sails (i'm 200 lbs) but my trips have always been for 7 -10 days.
GuyT

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reinerehlers wrote:
Would you say that this years stats were lighter than other years? I ask because whenever I have been there it was usually on sub 5.0M size sails (i'm 200 lbs) but my trips have always been for 7 -10 days.

Sorry reinerehlers, I didn't see your question.

Well, June had fluky winds, August had mostly moderate winds, but July was real good, so I would say 2013 was average.

In my mind, 2013 was well below average, because I had a few 3 to 4 days nowind periods that left a negative impression in my mind. But looking more closely at the numbers from my last 3 summers in the Gorge (2010-11-13), il turns out that 2010 was not impressing either.

I could do further statistics on a monthly basis and I suspect the conclusions would be what everybody knows: It's windy in July, more moderate in August and can unreliable in June, but when it's good, it's good.

My next stats: how about Texas?
reinerehlers

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guy,
It was fun to watch you and crew ripping it up at SBX on Tuesday. Made me realize how much I need to learn. Thanks for sharing the stats. Any stats on IDM, QC, SBX?
GuyT

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reinerehlers wrote:
Guy,
It was fun to watch you and crew ripping it up at SBX on Tuesday. Made me realize how much I need to learn. Thanks for sharing the stats. Any stats on IDM, QC, SBX?

Sorry for not replying earlier, don't come here to much anymore (I have a problem with the heavy censorship).

Before discovering The Gorge (year 2000), I used to go to Magdalene's Islands (Iles de la Madeleine). Roughly, I would sail 60% of the times. But iit was in July. The best time is supposed to be from mid-August to end of September. It is truly a great place for wavesailing. If you ever went to Arenal, you must have met Dave, he is an American that spends 4 months in IDM every year and raves about it.

I don't go to Sandbanks, it's just to far. But I know the guys in Montreal get very excited when it's windy there and are willing to drive 4 hours. It's rarely windy there, but I hear it is incredible when it is.

Montréal is not very windy. I got 25 days of sailing this September and October, half of them on Champlain Lake, upper New York, 70 miles from home.

Québec City gets a lot more wind (and nuking ones). I don't go too often, it's a 3 hour drive and the conditions are gnarly sometimes, even bigger than the Gorge. I might move there when my wife retires, it's also a great place in the winter (lot's of snow).

Cheers!
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuyT wrote:
I have a problem with the heavy censorship.

If that's what it takes to get back to discussing windsurfing for a change, I consider it an acceptable tradeoff. It took 'em 14 years, but that's why I came here. I gotta wonder, though, how long it will last, since it looks like traffic ...aka advertising revenue ... is WAY down lately.

I also wonder whether they will fulfill their promise to eject 5-time violators. Repeated complaints from some individuals of many deletions indicate that promise may be empty.
GuyT

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like it or not, windsurfing is a lot about bullsh***ting. I see more of that on the beach than I see actual windsurfing on the water. Let's take any windy day at Roosevelt and I bet that the bulls***itting/windsurfing ratio is more than 5 to 1. And don't tell me I am wrong, I sail there quite often.

So, if we can't bullsh**it on a windsurfing forum, it is useless. Wink

By the way, we got an incredibly windy day yesterday. It blew over 50 knots at SBX, same in Montreal. reinerehlers, were you there?

Here's a few pictures taken at Sandbanks, by Mike Fisher:

[url=https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=52838e4d55dd9cd3&id=52838E4D55DD9CD3!455&authkey=!AB5wv5ZcI0xlArE]skydrive.live.com[/url]

Glad I wasn't there Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: