myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
longboards in waves videos ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
surfersbeach

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx!

Capetonian - The sail is the goya eclipse 6.8, and the wind was about 13 to 17 knots according to airport report, but it felt more variable at the beach, it was hard to pass the break, and waves were a mess, mostly closing out. Kites were complaining of being overpowered, I wasn’t, but they also seem to feel the lull that I had going out, a couple of them ended on the rocks. I’m about 190-195#.

LeeD – The clew view was last week at ocean for except a couple of clips shot in may, but if you saw the sail in Dec. at the left side of the rock (to the right is the well known punta las marias) it probably was me. If vela uno doesn't have old boards you can check with Jose Pla of Windsurfingpr.com he may have or know who's selling one.
surfersbeach

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted this in the Caribbean index, but still is technically longboards in waves Smile

http://www.iwindsurf.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=25943[/url]
w8n4wind

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^^^
nice,
i have the 11' 5'', and usually just sail that until i can go down to my 105l board..
but, just wondering if thered be much advantage/disadvantage having the 10'5'' instead of the 11' 5'' performance wise?

surfersbeach

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

w8n4wind wrote:
^^^^^
nice,
i have the 11' 5'', and usually just sail that until i can go down to my 105l board..
but, just wondering if thered be much advantage/disadvantage having the 10'5'' instead of the 11' 5'' performance wise?

I guess in most conditions no. Most people would be sailing a small board when I use the 10'5, although I can get away with sailing in lighter winds in general with it.

I don't know how to explain well when I use each board (including the 9'5), since our windrange is quite narrow (I use 6.4, 6.8 the most by far, 7.5). But I don't consider the 10'5 a light wind longboard waveboard, for me it feels more like a big waveboard. It wants to sail planing, but it will have a huge positive flotation for when in a wind hole, that I find very useful in the conditions I sail the most. This video getting out may explain it better:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtULx4f0DmQ&feature=youtu.be
jingebritsen

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

exactly so for me too. the 11'5 allows one to go into some really light wind and get waves that are untenable without it. the 11'8 windSUP is even easier.

once one experiences the broad array of these boards, it becomes clear that the 11'5 is superior for most western altantic conditions, if one needs to maximize wave sailing. if the 10'5 was wider, perhaps it could allow one to go into lighter winds?

http://www.epicgearusa.com/
w8n4wind

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so, the 10'5 just helps mostly with the slogging, but not so much an advantage with lighter winds, and the 11'5 is more for lighter winds.
im actually pretty happy with the 11'5 in general, its by far my most used board..
but, ive thought too, if the 10'5 was just a bit wider to help earlier planing..but still have that length, and volume for easy slogging, it might just be the perfect board.. for me.
until then, i will stick with the 11'5.

surfersbeach..looks like a great spot.!

w8n4wind

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just saw this on the hotsails longboard forum.
looks like a fun session..
http://vimeo.com/15274362
Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: