myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
F2 board sizing
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
richhotdog

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: F2 board sizing Reply with quote

I have a2003 F2 Maui project wave size S. Does anybody know how many litres the board is?
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure it's an '03? The '03 Waves had the length blasted across the right side of the deck, in feet and inches, in huge block letters. The 8'4", for example, was 80L.

The '03 Styles also had the length in cm right below the word, "STYLE" in front of the back straps. The Style 255, for example, was 95L.

The '02 Waves also had the length in feet and inches clearly printed on the deck between the straps, while the '01 Styles, which had the hard-to-read red lettering, used the S, M, and L size designations. The '01 Stryle S, for example, was 87 liters.

Tell us more about your graphics to be sure we're talking '03s and Waves.

Mike \m/
dllee

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does ANY board manufacturer (I mean designer and company, of course, as we know who makes most of the boards) actually bother to MEASURE the volume of any of their boards? A water tank most useful, but I seriously doubt any of the boards are accurate within 6 or so liters.
75 liters. Uphaulable by 125lbs riders, sinkers for heavier.
richhotdog

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It must be an 01 because all it says is style S.The board has red graphics with maui project on bottom running from tip to tail
Thanks,Rich
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, according to the '01 board tests in WSMag, that's the '01 87-liter Style. I sold mine a year or two ago, and was very impressed when comparing it head to head against their MP Wave -- the blue lettering. As advertised, the Style was noticeably faster than the Wave for a given amount of power (i.e., the Style is more efficient), yet the Style still slashed very easily when told by the strapped-in back foot to do so. It really is a great blend/compromise of the wavy properties of the Wave with a more stable slalom/freeride board. The Style, IMO, is a great B&J board as long as one picks the right size for his weight and the conditions.

Mike \m/
VinceSF

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Re: F2 board sizing Reply with quote

richhotdog wrote:
I have a2003 F2 Maui project wave size S. Does anybody know how many litres the board is?

It could be 70l or maybe 75l; for sure not much more.
I used to have an 8'0 that was 70 liter.
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:47 pm    Post subject: Re: F2 board sizing Reply with quote

VinceSF wrote:
richhotdog wrote:

It could be 70l or maybe 75l; for sure not much more.
I used to have an 8'0 that was 70 liter.
As you said, that's the Wave. I have a pile of them in 5 sizes; I didn't buy the 7'10". richhotdog has the 87L Style.
dllee

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At 147 lbs., I could just uphaul (takes me 2 tries) the M wave, so the mid sized one must be 84 liters, leading the S to be around 70-75. Talking the waves, with full tail rocker.
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are still confusing the Style with the Wave. They're different animals.
dllee

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

U're right, Mike.
5th post or so says StyleS, around 85 liters
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: