myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
a review of the exocet board D2
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DanWeiss

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve, considering that a Mistral Equipe XR cost about $2,000 in 1993 in a very different retail market with much lower shipping and materials costs, I think that is a very realistic price for such a groundbreaking design. (US$2K 1993 = $3,151 today).

The Kona One might actually jumpstart some RB class or open class racing as those new to longboard racing may wish to move up the food chain as it were. Good luck with both hulls!

bred2shred

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
I would love to see the rest of the WS industry get behind this, it would open a whole new world of WS racing with new speed records being left in the dust, as well as a renewed interest in racing as a result of it.

Umm, how do you figure longboard racing as "a whole new world of WS racing"? Longboard racing has been around since the first time two windsurfers sailed together on the same body of water. I really don't see how this board has the potential to start a renewed interest in racing beyond the marginal interest in racing that was caused by boards like the Prodigy, RSX, or Formula boards.

Quote:
Here's a pic of a start of a race that happened this weekend down in Oz. (around dawn), the SUP guys have it all figured out, and it's just helping their nitch in the industry explode in advancement and wealth.
I would love to see other companies besides Exocet get onto this as well, it would be a needed boost for our sport.

Again, what exactly do they have all figured out? I see about 20 guys standing on the beach getting ready for a race. I've seen the same exact thing at windsurf races. The only thing that the SUP guys have "figured out" is that their sport is SUPer easy. It doesn't take years to master the thing before you can race. You go out, paddle around a couple times, and you're good enough to compete (at a basic level). That just isn't the case with windsurfing.

sm
joethewindsufa

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is now one for sale out of Toronto, Ontario, Canada

http://classified.iwindsurf.com/classifieds.pl?db=boards&website=&language=&session_key=&search_and_display_db_button=on&results_format=long&db_id=22649&query=retrieval

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: