myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Bizarre Stuff
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 35, 36, 37  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrgybe

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. In China and the Soviet Union they had smart people deliberately manipulating children's minds. This woman, filled with blind ignorance and bias, actually believes what she is saying. Next time you see a Capitol building filled with yelling teachers, or hear whining about standards dropping because we don't spend enough on education, think of her. She is not alone.
swchandler

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Putting the teacher/student incident aside, did either of you spend some time reviewing any of the comments after the article? It says loads about the folks that hang out at The Blaze.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Govt is too large when this happens....

Terrifying Amendment Legalizes The Use Of Propaganda On The US Public

http://www.businessinsider.com/ndaa-legalizes-propaganda-2012-5

Yes I know, it is bipartisan....
feuser

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
No. In China and the Soviet Union they had smart people deliberately manipulating children's minds. This woman, filled with blind ignorance and bias, actually believes what she is saying. Next time you see a Capitol building filled with yelling teachers, or hear whining about standards dropping because we don't spend enough on education, think of her. She is not alone.

Did you mean to say: "You get what you pay for"?

I wonder how much this teacher makes a year. Apparently she can't tell when she's being entrapped by a opinionated student who had the camera rolling during the entire episode.

http://www.windsurfing.kasail.com/
mrgybe

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

feuser wrote:
Did you mean to say: "You get what you pay for"? I wonder how much this teacher makes a year.

Almost certainly, she is paid the same union negotiated rate as other high school teachers who are much more capable. Her pay will depend almost entirely on how long she has been a teacher, not on whether she is any good since, lucky for her, the union won't allow performance based pay.

feuser wrote:
Apparently she can't tell when she's being entrapped by a opinionated student who had the camera rolling during the entire episode.

So the adolescent student is the bad actor here? What did he say that was inaccurate or unreasonable? He was way more on point that the ignoramus who is paid to guide him. You have a very strange perspective when your hero is the topic of conversation.
swchandler

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Media as opportunity?

It's about taking a nonsense situation, and trying hard to gain some questionable lift from it. Seems to me that's what The Blaze is about. Is this a notable and worthy story? Well, no doubt for the cretins all over the comment section.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iran committed to ‘full annihilation of Israel,’ says top Iranian military commander

http://dailycaller.com/2012/05/20/iran-committed-to-full-annihilation-of-israel-says-top-iranian-military-commander/#ixzz1vZroyWzR

1st time since WW2 that one nation calls for the annihilation of another. YAWN and CRICKETS from the media.
isobars

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
1st time since WW2 that one nation calls for the annihilation of another. YAWN and CRICKETS from the media.

Only the media the Left gets their "news" from.
pueno

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
stevenbard wrote:

Only the media the Left gets their "news" from.

<sarcasm>Yeah, Fox would be a MUCH better source. So fair and balanced they can barely stand themselves. </sarcasm>
feuser

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:

feuser wrote:
Apparently she can't tell when she's being entrapped by a opinionated student who had the camera rolling during the entire episode.

So the adolescent student is the bad actor here? What did he say that was inaccurate or unreasonable? He was way more on point that the ignoramus who is paid to guide him. You have a very strange perspective when your hero is the topic of conversation.

My hero? Come on.

The kid baited her and had the camera rolling. I don't even know if whatever he's saying is truly his opinion or just a means to wind her up. I went to school once, too, didn't you?

Once thing is absolutely clear and I have never disputed that: The teacher was clearly abusing her position. How that makes her the representative of unionized teachers in general I don't know.

http://www.windsurfing.kasail.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 2 of 37

Jump to: