myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Who is fighting all of these regulations?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
keycocker

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you find similar crap being assigned to liberals on Breitbart, conservative news Drudge and so on?
Gotnoproblem with that?
I am disappointed by both sides in this.
mac

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nit Wit said:

Quote:
Do you know how old and just plain silly you sound when you spew that crap?

Do you know how stupid you sound when you ignore the evidence? Oh, that's right, the GOP has a war on the truth--as well as women, science, minority voters, and the environment. But you'll never read about it on your Breitbart and Drudge feeds.
nw30

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My comment had very little to do with the "science" that you posted, it was mostly about how you characterize anybody who doesn't agree with you on AGW.
You are really a true liberal piece of work.
Carry on with your view of the world, I'm glad I don't share it.
mac

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nit wit--wrong thread--no facts. What a piece of work.
mac

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The April 7, 2014 New Yorker has a fascinating article on the politics behind the big spill of MCHM by Freedom Industries in West Virginia. http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2014/04/07/140407fa_fact_osnos?currentPage=all

I'll give you a few tidbits:

--Only 3% of the jobs in West Virginia are associated with coal--yet the industry owns the state politically, and has unseated a number of politicians that dared to regulate public safety.

--A number of prominent State-wide politicians have financial interests in coal businesses--but make no effort to recuse themselves in what most would see as conflict of interest situations.

--Coincidentally, as coal has weakened as an employment base, more than half of the growth in income in the State has gone to top 1% over the past 3 decades.

--Freedom Industries was founded by Carl Lemley Kennedy II, a local businessman, restaurant owner and real estate guy--who had pleaded guilty to selling cocaine in 1987. Sterling moral standards--how was he not in jail? Became a snitch and informant after being caught for tax evasion and pocketing money withheld from employee paychecks.

--The libertarian Freedom Industries relied on the Federal government, yes, the good old Corps of Engineers, to dredge the Elk River--using stimulus funds--to make sure that they could load and unload chemicals.

--The State Department of Environmental Protection faced both staffing cuts and directions not to aggressively pursue violations under conservative Democratic governor Manchin. The result--25 thousand--that's right thousand--self-reported violations of the Clean Water Act without a fine. Of course the American Chemistry Council put big money into Manchin's campaign when he ran for Senate.

--Lest this be seen as an isolated incident, remember that Don Blankenship, chairman of Massey Energy, helped elect a conservative judge with $3 million in campaign contributions, Brent Benjamin, to the State Supreme Court--while it was considering a case involving a $50 million fine. Benjamin stayed bought--refused to recuse himself from the case, which the US Supreme Court found to be improper. I guess there are some limits in the Roberts court to the abuse of public trust with big carbon money.

--for those who have forgotten, Massey was the owner of the coal mine that had the largest disaster in US history, and our dear ex-President, George "Monet" Bush had appointed one of their executives to the coal safety board. http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2013/09/10/221161240/former-massey-exec-gets-42-months-in-mine-disaster-case

Do the conservatives pay any attention to this? Or just subscribe to the endless e-mails of the Koch industries octopus?

None of this is an accident--it can all be found in the GOP platform and the ALEC playbook. Freedom to poison Americans.
MULLDE102f

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feuser said:

Job creators is, in fact, a neologism that masquerades the fact that the creation of jobs depends on a number of factors:
1. Products (inventors, entrepreneurs)
2. Consumers (markets)
3. Lenders (capital)

Well put, but I think you skipped one:

4. Government (provides infrastructure, legal protections, and regulation to make sure the rules apply to everybody)

I'd like to see just how the government-free world the libertarians envision would really work. Lord of the Flies comes to mind...
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the there are many points above that indicate that the rules no longer apply to everyone equally. Illegal immigrants start businesses with no workers comp insurance. Large connected corporations get guys like Mancine to step in on their behalf.

As far as I'm concerned it is a free for all out there.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of regulations.....today we have another REPUBLICAN governor rejecting Tesla, and their direct model. We have New Jersey, Texas, and now Michigan who all have Republican Governors , who have been lobbied to death by the dealer networks to prevent Tesla from coming to the state. Crony capitalism is NOT a partisan event.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found a video that I think is Mac's daughter...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1DgYMYVaUE
swchandler

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ClashDaily seems to me like an on-line version of the National Enquirer. Lots of bizarre fodder for fools pasted all over the place. Also, clicking on anything leaves behind the screen pop-ups to litter your world.

Liberal Chick appears to be a mainstay at the site offering a bit of tin hat humor for those on the extreme right. When to you think that she will make her debut on Fox News?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 13 of 15

Jump to: