myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Who is fighting all of these regulations?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
I think the there are many points above that indicate that the rules no longer apply to everyone equally.

I'll agree with that. In the case of contractors working for cash it is impossible to compete with them and it's impossible for the government to regulate their activities too. The more regulations that are imposed the deeper these guys go underground. Not the way I care to conduct business but they seem to have no problems with it and plenty of customers will to participate.
keycocker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simpler less costly rules for everyone would bring more cash only contractors into the fold and level the field for the straight shooters.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, so many illegals and under the table guys advertising on Craigslist and other sites working for half of a contractors rate. And contractors who were making $65 per hour 10 years ago are working for $35 per hour because of the competition.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Republican gentlemen: Lets go back to Tesla, shall we? An entrepeneur, a disruptor invents a new car. He also chooses a different sales channel. Three states , NJ, MICH, TX...all decide to prevent Tesla from setting up shop in their states.. The lobby representing the massive dealership networks argues that the dealerships are critical to the economies of each of the states. The Republican governors of each state sides with the dealerships instead of free market capitalism. Are you free market anti regulation rightys cool with this?
mrgybe

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does an attendant have to recharge a Tesla in New Jersey?
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
Does an attendant have to recharge a Tesla in New Jersey?

Thats a good question. I have a call in to the traffic diverting portly GOV, I'll get back to you.
I dont expect an honest answer on my question. It would crush the anti-regulation position of most repubs. Dan Gilbert, Detroit billionaire, chair of Quicken, owner of Cavaliers....staunch Repub, calls the move to ban Tesla Crony Capitalism at its worst.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boggsy, We have ISIS terrorists gunning/ running down soldiers on our doorstep (you know, the people you said were inconsequential), we have global chaos, a flat-lining world economy, ineffective and out of control government departments, a ballooning national debt.........but you want us to worry about your investment in Tesla and whether the taxpayer funded billionaire Musk can further enrich himself by selling subsidized expensive toys to rich people directly? We'll get back to you when some of the important issues have been tackled and we have time to focus on the minutiae.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Gybe...scroll to the top of the page. This thread's topic is regulations , more specifically "who is fighting all these regulations". If you want to have a discussion about ISIS, I suggest you waltz on over to the "benghazi, middle east arab spring" thread, or perhaps"obamas epic failures". Regulations, who is fighting them....Elon is , and he is losing.
If you dont think its troubling that Governors are preventing a man from selling his product in their states, I would submit that your aversion to regulation is selective. And furthermore, we both know that every Chevy, Ford , and Chrysler is packed full of GOVT subsidies in the form of massive tax payer funded bailouts.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poor old Elon........"losing" in the form of a multibillion dollar personal fortune of taxpayer cash. I guess he likes the regulations that enabled that. Do I think GM and Chrysler should have been bailed out and the bondholders screwed in favor of the unions? No. Do I think that Tesla should be able to market it's cars directly. Yes. In the broader scheme of current challenges do I care much if they can't right now? No. It's taken decades to develop the dealership system. It won't be unwound overnight. A bunch of employees losing their jobs at dealerships so that Musk and Tesla shareholders can add further to the massive, and unwarranted gains they have made already at taxpayer expense, just doesn't make it high on my list of priorities. Sorry.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didnt ask you to prioritize it. Just an example of hypocisy from the righty Governors. We could have used UBER instead if you'd like . Do you feel bad for all the cabbies who will lose their job because a cheaper , more effective, taxi/ride sharing service is attempting to disrupt the staus quo?
Secondly...capitalism is disrputive by nature Mr Gybe. A new mousetrap comes along, and the old one quickly goes the way of the DodoBird. You should come out to Silicon Valley and get a tour of some of the new mousetraps. Old school businesses lobbying to keep their gravy train alive is the ugly side of our system....I know you dont support it...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 14 of 15

Jump to: