Okay, I confirmed the closure is a 200 yard band on either side of a line between the two towers which makes a lot more sense since the new cable will have to be pulled across the river and will be a hazard anywhere along the line if it falls. If you are considering sailing upwind during the operation, make sure to check your tides and leave some extra room.
As it turns out the closure out at Sherman has been postponed, due to weather.
Go figure, I can't imagine what sort of weather they are looking for.
But here is the update from the updater (not airwave):
> Good Morning, the purpose of this email is to notify you that the Sacramento River Closure for Aerial Cable Installation has been postponed due to weather. The tentative date for the commencement of this event is now 11-13 July.
> ENS William Hawn
> Sector San Francisco
> Waterways Safety
> Phone: 415-399-7442
> Fax: 415-399-7480
All times are GMT - 5 Hours Goto page Previous1, 2
Page 2 of 2
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum You can attach files in this forum You can download files in this forum