myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Big Oil and citizenship
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 79, 80, 81  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isobars

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead wrote:
Obama has not said "no" to the pipeline has he?

His (lack of) actions thus far have.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CB.... You're right. If he signs it, I will be surprised. His press conference the day after the mid terms seemed like a guy on a mission....not a guy concerned about anything other than what he believes. I think he will veto it , then maybe , just maybe sign it in January as part of some horse trading.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
I'm glad the president and I see eye to eye on crude...So no, I don't think extracting $75 oil from Alberta and piping it across the country is a terribly good idea, and I'm certainly glad there's nobody in the White House that has your world view.

It's likely that you and the President are aligned on crude, since it's obvious that neither of you knows anything about the oil business. The pipeline is a 50 year project. Today's price of crude oil is not a determining factor in whether to proceed.........the outlook for crude prices is. I guarantee you that the people who are prepared to invest billions in this project are much smarter on this topic than you or the man who is supposed to be running the country. Hoping that he will veto it merely reveals your prejudices.

boggsman1 wrote:
Regarding Tesla..continually saying they haven't made a profit , and the car is only a showpiece qualifies as bashing.

What is it about you left coast people and inventing things people have said? I have never said that Tesla hasn't made a profit. I have said that Tesla doesn't make money on its cars. It makes its profit from carbon credits. That's true isn't it? Stating the fact is bashing? Give me a break.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

youwindsurf wrote:
stevenbard wrote:
youwindsurf wrote:
stevenbard wrote:
What is lost in this discussion is the fact that WE WILL CONTROL THE FLOW OF OIL. This means the middle east doesn't control our destiny.

It doesn't matter where the oil goes. WE WILL CONTROL IT. (Keystone pipeline)

Who is "WE", how exactly will "WE" exert control over the flow of oil that belongs to a foreign corporation and how will "WE" control infrastructure that belongs to a foreign corporation?

Do tell.

So in the case of an international conflagration or nuclear strike in the middle east it wouldn't be good to have oil flowing across our nation? You don't think our government would take control of that oil? You guys must be coo coo for coco puffs.

Oh, I see. You mean the US would simply steal the oil. Thanks for the clarification. Now I have sense of your moral compass, or lack thereof.

What would stop the Canadians from shutting off the flow thereby depriving the US of it's ill gotten oil?

Ha ha, not my moral compass, but the moral compass of every and all governments of the world. If the people need oil, they shall get oil.

I'm sorry you are so gullible and easily seduced. However your understanding of world history is astounding.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr G we can disagree, that's what makes a market. I will look forward , I always think there's a better way.. Just watch what Google , Apple, tesla , and many other companies do in the next 5-10 years which dramatically reduces our demand for crude. I'm crude agnostic , not a basher.. In 2001.. We went über long oil services , huge run ensued .. But times have changed and I understand your position.
uwindsurf

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
youwindsurf wrote:
stevenbard wrote:
youwindsurf wrote:
stevenbard wrote:
What is lost in this discussion is the fact that WE WILL CONTROL THE FLOW OF OIL. This means the middle east doesn't control our destiny.

It doesn't matter where the oil goes. WE WILL CONTROL IT. (Keystone pipeline)

Who is "WE", how exactly will "WE" exert control over the flow of oil that belongs to a foreign corporation and how will "WE" control infrastructure that belongs to a foreign corporation?

Do tell.

So in the case of an international conflagration or nuclear strike in the middle east it wouldn't be good to have oil flowing across our nation? You don't think our government would take control of that oil? You guys must be coo coo for coco puffs.

Oh, I see. You mean the US would simply steal the oil. Thanks for the clarification. Now I have sense of your moral compass, or lack thereof.

What would stop the Canadians from shutting off the flow thereby depriving the US of it's ill gotten oil?

Ha ha, not my moral compass, but the moral compass of every and all governments of the world. If the people need oil, they shall get oil.

I'm sorry you are so gullible and easily seduced. However your understanding of world history is astounding.

My objection to theft is gullible? How have I been seduced? By your religion, one of the tenants of which is: "Thou shalt not steal? What does world history have to do with your religious hypocrisy? Just because something wrong has been done in the past does not make it right. Are you OK with the Holocaust happening again?

I'm not talking about world history, I am talking about the future actions of the US which you believe it should take. A country whose actions are supposed to be governed by the rule of law. In my gullible and astounding opinion, that does not include theft of the natural resources of a neighboring sovereign nation that is one of our allies.

I would hate to live next door to you. You would probably help yourself to whatever property of mine you wanted.

Please enlighten me as to when and where in history one sovereign nation has outright stolen the oil resources from a neighboring sovereign nation that has historically been one of there allies.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's your president. He would do exactly what he could to get the oil. There would be hell to pay if he didn't..... As would all of them.

Are you having your period?
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many industry, independent, and/or congressional experts say we could be energy independent, with minimal or even beneficial environmental impact, soon if Obama were not so adamantly, openly, and irrationally anti-carbon. Think what that would do for our national security and global political clout.
swchandler

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"He's your president."

No Bard, he's our president, just like the upcoming congress will be our congress. We might not like the outcomes of elections, but that's what we have to live with.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
"He's your president."

No Bard, he's our president, just like the upcoming congress will be our congress. We might not like the outcomes of elections, but that's what we have to live with.

Agree SWC. SB, you constantly complain that Obama is divisive. What would you consider your comment to be?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 79, 80, 81  Next
Page 39 of 81

Jump to: