myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Voter suppression, race-baiting and the GOP
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 39, 40, 41  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swchandler

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why didn't Zimmerman wound and incapacitate Martin? Why kill him?
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
Why didn't Zimmerman wound and incapacitate Martin? Why kill him?

Where could he shoot him where it wouldn't kill him? Leg? Large arteries there. Arm? Same. Shoulder? Maybe, but might kill him too. They were engaged in mortal combat.

Zimmerman who's 1st language was spanish was fighting for his life. He saw a "Punk" as he put it and followed him. He shouldn't have done that but it wasn't illegal. If you have any doubt based on the evidence that Martin then attacked Zimmerman you are blind. Martin's own cell phone had texts from a friend admonishing him for "having so many fights". He was clearly stoned, a fighter, a tough looking street kid who'd recently been expelled from school.

I am sorry that Martin died, but 6 female jurors had the guts to ALL vote for acquital. Not one politician will stand up for Zimmerman because there is nothing in it for them. Thank God the jurors were not elected officials.
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
Where could he shoot him where it wouldn't kill him?

Whoever suggested that clearly shows his complete ignorance about firearms, even if the two were not engaged in physical combat. A normal attacker within 21 feet can fatally attack even a trained police officer before the officer can draw and put two bullets into the attacker.

It takes a cop, on average, five shots to stop an attacker.

Life ain't a John Wayne movie. You pour bullets into the center of mass until the threat is stopped and cannot resume. Anything less risks one's own life.
pueno

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
Why didn't Zimmerman wound and incapacitate Martin?

That would have required thinking and some level of skill and training.

stevenbard wrote:

Where could he shoot him where it wouldn't kill him? Leg? Large arteries there. Arm? Same. Shoulder? Maybe, but might kill him too.

Mr. Fick-shun wrote:

Whoever suggested that clearly shows his complete ignorance about firearms, even if the two were not engaged in physical combat. A normal attacker within 21 feet can fatally attack even a trained police officer before the officer can draw and put two bullets into the attacker.

I seem to remember watching a video where Gramps shot six or seven times at some punks, very close quarters, but they still scrambled away.

One of you guys just explained that people can be hit and run away -- yet here you suggest arguments to the contrary.

Which is it?

Oh, never mind. I get it. It's whichever supports your position ju jour.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there was a racist it was Travon Martin who called Zimmerman a "Cracker" on the night he was killed. I don't like being called a Haole, a Gringo, or a Cracker.

The fact that he called him a "Cracker" that evening shows his state of mind at the time. WHY HASN'T OBAMA STOOD UP FOR THE GOOD OF THE COUNTRY AND DECLARED RACISM DEAD? Anyone who uses racism to incite hatred is a fool. That includes those on this forum who use it to try and win their pathetic arguments.
swchandler

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"WHY HASN'T OBAMA STOOD UP FOR THE GOOD OF THE COUNTRY AND DECLARED RACISM DEAD?"

Bard, you must be dreaming, right? Ever been to Alabama? I have a number of times, and I promise you it's a nothing like California. Do you think that the New Yorker article that mac highlighted the other day was just another hyped-up fantasy made up by liberals?
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the entire history of this nation there were 3500 lynchings. During the last 40 years there have been 350,000 black on black murders.

Yes there are a few buck tooth rednecks who still refuse to grow up, but practically speaking white on black racism is dead.

Furthermore, go to a Berkeley graduation. I did and there were 2 blonds in the entire audience for the school of economics. The rest had dark brown or black hair. I was there again this weekend, and the streets were full of non white students. WTF? Are you living in the 40's?
swchandler

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bard, you must have missed the bold attempts during the 2012 election cycle to disenfranchise those that might be considered Democratic voters. It's no big surprise that it's uniquely a Republican driven ploy to discriminate against voters of color.

Yeah, racial discrimination is a thing of the past.
nw30

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
Bard, you must have missed the bold attempts during the 2012 election cycle to disenfranchise those that might be considered Democratic voters. It's no big surprise that it's uniquely a Republican driven ploy to discriminate against voters of color.

Yeah, racial discrimination is a thing of the past.

Pay no attention to the black panthers, with night sticks, standing in front of the polling places, they really just have cookies.
swchandler

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NW30, nice try. Regarding the "Black Panther" incident in Philadelphia, as I recollect, most of the incident was the person that confronted two black guys. Also, only one of the guys had a nightstick. I guessing your version of the incident came from the "muckrakers" at Fox News.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 39, 40, 41  Next
Page 34 of 41

Jump to: