myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Voter suppression, race-baiting and the GOP
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40, 41  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mac

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who would better know who "The race-baiter of the month" is than someone brought up in segregationist Alabama in the early 1950's. The man knows bigotry. Well.
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of race baiting ...

Dear Oprah:
One of the proudest moments in this old white Alabama native’s life was watching in person as the 20th century’s greatest hero marched into Montgomery from Selma in March, 1965. Your biased implication that I’m a racist who needs to die drags you even below the level of the Revs Sharpton and Jackson, at the opposite end of the spectrum from Dr. King.
uwindsurf

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
Speaking of race baiting ...

Dear Oprah:
One of the proudest moments in this old white Alabama native’s life was watching in person as the 20th century’s greatest hero marched into Montgomery from Selma in March, 1965. Your biased implication that I’m a racist who needs to die drags you even below the level of the Revs Sharpton and Jackson, at the opposite end of the spectrum from Dr. King.

Hey old man, you don't have time for this. You should be concentrating on your physical therapy. Get back to it and stop wasting time posting here!
mac

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Fick--further evidence of your inability to read as well as your blindness to the social situation:

Quote:
Your biased implication that I’m a racist who needs to die

I said nothing of the sort. What I said, with irony, is that your posts about growing up in Alabama and seeing nothing wrong, make you tone deaf to racism unless someone shouts the N word. Blind. You grew up in a segregated society and didn't notice. You also don't notice the racism in your favorite talk show hosts language, or those you make political alliance with.
mogunn

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only person on this forum who has proposed violence against Mr. Fick is Mr. Fick himself.

Posted: 15 Oct 2013 10:06
isobars wrote:
If I post to this lousy place again outside the specific interview thread, would somebody please shoot me?

Mikey dear, lucky for you that mental health services will be easier to obtain with the ACA. I hope you avail yourself of some much needed psychological counseling.

pueno

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coyotewindsurf wrote:
The only person on this forum who has proposed violence against Mr. Fick is Mr. Fick himself.

On another thread, Mikey said he was beating his head against the wall and we could listen.

So, not only is he self-violent, but he's nuts.

But you already know that.
real-human

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/i-saved-his-life-trump-criticized-brett-kavanaugh-after-the-supreme-court-threw-out-an-election-fraud-lawsuit-book-says/ar-AALYpvJ?ocid=uxbndlbing

I saved his life': Trump criticized Brett Kavanaugh after the Supreme Court threw out an election-fraud lawsuit, book says

Quote:
Trump slammed Kavanaugh after the Supreme Court dismissed an election-fraud lawsuit last year.
"Where would he be without me?" Trump said, according to a new book. "I saved his life."
Trump's reaction was detailed in a book by the journalist Michael Wolff.
See more stories on Insider's business page.
President Donald Trump was disappointed in his three Supreme Court justice appointments after the court tossed out an election-fraud lawsuit that he backed in December, according to a new book by the journalist Michael Wolff.

"There were so many others I could have appointed, and everyone wanted me to," Trump said at the time, according to Wolff's book "Landslide: The Final Days of the Trump Presidency."

The lawsuit launched by Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton said then-President-elect Joe Biden's victories in key swing states including Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin, and Georgia should be rejected because of unsubstantiated claims of widespread voter fraud. The Trump campaign threw its support behind the bid, which Trump had referred to as "the big one."

But the Supreme Court dismissed the case, saying in a one-page opinion that it lacked standing. The move effectively shut down yet another longshot effort to overturn the 2020 presidential-election results in Trump's favor.

The court's rejection infuriated Trump, who was particularly upset with Justice Brett Kavanaugh, according to the book.

"Where would he be without me?" Trump said, according to the book. "I saved his life. He wouldn't even be in a law firm. Who would have had him? Nobody. Totally disgraced. Only I saved him."

Trump nominated Kavanaugh, then a federal judge, to the Supreme Court in July 2018. What followed was one of the most contentious Supreme Court confirmation processes in recent history. The nation grew divided after the research psychologist Christine Blasey Ford accused Kavanaugh of sexually assaulting her when they were both teenagers. Kavanaugh denied the allegations. He was ultimately confirmed to the court in a narrow 50-48 Senate vote.

Like the Supreme Court justices, federal judges around the country shut down dozens of cases brought by the Trump campaign to challenge the election results. Federal, state, and local election officials have repeatedly said the 2020 election was fair and accurate and that no widespread voter fraud occurred.

real-human

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/i-saved-his-life-trump-criticized-brett-kavanaugh-after-the-supreme-court-threw-out-an-election-fraud-lawsuit-book-says/ar-AALYpvJ?ocid=uxbndlbing

I saved his life': Trump criticized Brett Kavanaugh after the Supreme Court threw out an election-fraud lawsuit, book says

Quote:
Trump slammed Kavanaugh after the Supreme Court dismissed an election-fraud lawsuit last year.
"Where would he be without me?" Trump said, according to a new book. "I saved his life."
Trump's reaction was detailed in a book by the journalist Michael Wolff.
See more stories on Insider's business page.
President Donald Trump was disappointed in his three Supreme Court justice appointments after the court tossed out an election-fraud lawsuit that he backed in December, according to a new book by the journalist Michael Wolff.

"There were so many others I could have appointed, and everyone wanted me to," Trump said at the time, according to Wolff's book "Landslide: The Final Days of the Trump Presidency."

The lawsuit launched by Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton said then-President-elect Joe Biden's victories in key swing states including Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin, and Georgia should be rejected because of unsubstantiated claims of widespread voter fraud. The Trump campaign threw its support behind the bid, which Trump had referred to as "the big one."

But the Supreme Court dismissed the case, saying in a one-page opinion that it lacked standing. The move effectively shut down yet another longshot effort to overturn the 2020 presidential-election results in Trump's favor.

The court's rejection infuriated Trump, who was particularly upset with Justice Brett Kavanaugh, according to the book.

"Where would he be without me?" Trump said, according to the book. "I saved his life. He wouldn't even be in a law firm. Who would have had him? Nobody. Totally disgraced. Only I saved him."

Trump nominated Kavanaugh, then a federal judge, to the Supreme Court in July 2018. What followed was one of the most contentious Supreme Court confirmation processes in recent history. The nation grew divided after the research psychologist Christine Blasey Ford accused Kavanaugh of sexually assaulting her when they were both teenagers. Kavanaugh denied the allegations. He was ultimately confirmed to the court in a narrow 50-48 Senate vote.

Like the Supreme Court justices, federal judges around the country shut down dozens of cases brought by the Trump campaign to challenge the election results. Federal, state, and local election officials have repeatedly said the 2020 election was fair and accurate and that no widespread voter fraud occurred.

real-human

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so easy to do, just like removing mail boxes in dem areas.
techno900

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Total BS, and the state will come to your home to do the work up for the I.D.

Quote:
Request Mobile ID Unit!

Important Information When Requesting a Mobile Unit Event
To receive a free Alabama Photo Voter ID card, you must complete the application and meet the following requirements:

Provide a photo ID document or a non-photo identity document can be used if it contains your full legal name and date of birth
Must be a registered voter in Alabama
Must not have any valid form of photo ID accepted at the polls (see list above)
To download the application for a free photo voter ID, click here.

Examples of Documents that can be used to obtain a free Alabama Photo Voter ID card
All must contain full legal name and date of birth

Birth Certificate *
Hospital or nursing home record
Marriage Record *
State or Federal Census Record
Military Record
Medicare or Medicaid document
Social Security Administration Document
Certificate of Citizenship
Official school record or transcript
* The Secretary of State’s office has entered an agreement with the Alabama Department of Public Health whereby a free birth or marriage certificate will be provided to the processing or issuing agent when a voter needs one of these documents in order to obtain a free Alabama photo voter ID card.

https://www.sos.alabama.gov/alabama-votes/photo-voter-id/obtain-free-photo-voter-id
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40, 41  Next
Page 39 of 41

Jump to: