myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
the big lie "the media is liberal"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 162, 163, 164 ... 275, 276, 277  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
real-human

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:07 pm    Post subject: 'Joe the Plumber' takes a union job at Chrysler Reply with quote

amazing.... lets see if the so called media plays this one a few million times front pages.

remeber the moron who claimed obamas redistribution would harm him...

Here he is taking a redistribution job... He is joining a union...

'Joe the Plumber' takes a union job at Chrysler

https://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/02/18/1278483/--Joe-the-Plumber-takes-a-union-job-at-Chrysler?detail=emailclassic

Quote:
The wingnut welfare must have run out for the man who became famous as "Joe the Plumber." Samuel Wurzelbacher, his real name, has had to get a job that involves something other than performing the role of the regular blue-collar white guy on the Republican speaking and media circuits—and it's a union job at Chrysler. Wurzelbacher took to Facebook sounding a wee bit defensive:
“In order to work for Chrysler, you are required to join the Union, in this case UAW. There’s no choice – it’s a union shop – the employees voted to have it that way and in America that’s the way it is,” he wrote.
(Not actually true. You're required to pay a fee covering the union's cost of representing you, but you don't have to join the union.)

real-human

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:10 pm    Post subject: Here’s the Racist Meaning Of the Confederate Flag, In the Wo Reply with quote

If I was a liberal and owned the media any editor-reporter that did not get this and put it front page would be fired... No matter how you look at this it should be part of the debate. And yet you do not see this front pages anywhere.

http://mic.com/articles/121082/here-s-the-racist-meaning-of-the-confederate-flag-in-the-words-of-the-man-who-designed-it

Here’s the Racist Meaning Of the Confederate Flag, In the Words of the Man Who Designed It

He would have had much in common ideologically with William Thompson, the Savannah, Georgia Daily Morning News editor who designed the Confederate flag that Roof took many photos with in his manifesto.

https://books.google.com/books?id=R3MUAAAAYAAJ&dq=%22maintain%20the%20Heaven-ordained%20supremacy%20of%20the%20white%20man%20over%20the%20inferior%20or%20colored%20race%22&pg=PA526#v=onepage&q=%22maintain%20the%20Heaven-ordained%20supremacy%20of%20the%20white%20man%20over%20the%20inferior%20or%20colored%20race%22&f=false

real-human

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow as mentioned if this was blacks stabbing a white it would be all over the right wing controlled media. But a bunch of whites racially attacking a black and barely a peep. Especially in light of the church burnings and church shooting shortly after I would put them up in the media front and central...

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/06/04/1390610/-Chicago-woman-and-her-younger-brother-stabbed-beaten-in-racist-hate-crime?detail=emailclassic

Chicago woman and her younger brother stabbed, beaten in what appears to be a racist hate crime

http://abc7chicago.com/news/4-people-charged-in-canaryville-stabbings/770854/

4 PEOPLE CHARGED IN CANARYVILLE STABBINGS
Saturday, June 06, 2015
Quote:
CHICAGO (WLS) -- Four people were charged Saturday in a South Side stabbing last week, which the victims said was racially motivated.

Kevin Hoynes, 21; David Rice, 21; Courtney Vega, 19; and Joya Urbikas, 18, were each charged with two counts of aggravated battery to do bodily harm, two counts of aggravated battery with a deadly weapon, two counts of attempted first-degree murder and one count of mob action, according to Chicago police. All of the charges are felonies.

Kristina Fox, 30, and her brother told police that they were attacked May 30 in Taylor-Lauridsen Park in the Canaryville neighborhood. A fight broke out and Fox was stabbed multiple times. Fox alleges that she and her brother had bricks and bottles thrown at them, and that racial slurs were being yelled as they were stabbed.

The four are scheduled to appear in bond court Sunday.

real-human

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

only fitting this 4th of July to at least read the first pages of the author of the written material about the origins of the confederate flag. This person ended up much after the civil war being a rear Admiral. And he was the protector of the flag that inspired the star-Spangled Banner.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Henry_Preble

His book on flags with the post two above about the flag creators intention and meaning of the confederate flag is free. I recommend all read the first pages, the preface. here is part of it....

History of the Flag of the United States of America: And of the Naval and Yacht-club Signals, Seals, and Arms, and Principal National Songs of the United States, with a Chronicle of the Symbols, Standards, Banners, and Flags of Ancient and Modern Nations
George Henry Preble - January 1, 1880

PREFACE TO THE SECOND EDITION.

Quote:
In preparing this book in its permanent form, the errors of the press and of fact inseparable from the first issue of so novel and comprehensive a work have been corrected, much new matter has been added, and some of the original text discarded, in order to keep the book within reason able limits, while the general plan and arrangement is the same. The colored plates also have been rearranged and changed, and the wood engravings largely increased, while the maps and autographies of national songs and docu ments are a new and distinct feature.

The aim of the book is to perpetuate and intensify a love for our Union, through the flag which symbolizes it. The story of Our flag and of the Southern flags in the Civil War show graphically the madness of the time, and will, it is hoped, serve to render the crime of secession hideous, and afford a moral aid towards preventing a recurrence of such fratricide against the life of the nation.

To my sensitive Southern friends who have objected to being called ' traitors ' and ' rebels ' I would say, those words are not intended in an offensive sense ; and I respectfully refer them to General Jackson's opinion of nullification,
under his own hand, on page 354, and to the general dictionary definition : — Traitor. " One who violates his allegiance;" "one who takes arms and levies war against his country," &c. Rebel. " One who defies and seeks to overthrow the authority to which he is rightfully subject." I think, under these definitions, they must plead guilty to both counts. They were ' bad boys,' who barred them selves out, but, having returned to their allegiance, all that is forgiven ; and, having learned by experience, it is hoped they will never again raise a hand to subvert the majesty and authority of the Union.

Although we are comparatively a new nation, our Stars and Stripes may to-day claim antiquity among national flags. They are older than the present flag of Great Britain, established in 1801 ; than the present flag of Spain, estab lished in 1785 ; than the French tricolor, decreed in 1794 ; than the existing flag of Portugal, established in 1830 ; than the flag of the Empire of Germany, which represents the.......

https://play.google.com/store/books/details?id=R3MUAAAAYAAJ&rdid=book-R3MUAAAAYAAJ&rdot=1

again this took me 15 minutes to research, why do we not see the right wing media using this source which is credible, a rear admiral who was alive and fighting against the confederates at the time. His statement at the meaning of the confederate flags should be the best to date reflection of the flags meaning. why isn't this all over the media...

real-human

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:21 pm    Post subject: right wing hate radio Reply with quote

as documented about 90 percent plus talk radio is right wing hate, that is not even including the religious right hate talk radio too. It was the reygun removing the fairness doctrine that anything political had to have an opposing commentary that was removed and hence just right wing hate talk with no opposing point of view allowed, even though the majority of people who vote are liberal, and even more than that whos votes are not allowed in this right wing authoritarian election system.

again if the media is liberal why would one want to remove the fairness doctrine if it was liberal...

https://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/10/06/1244584/-The-Brainwashing-Of-My-Dad-By-Limbaugh-Fox-GOP-Media?detail=emailclassic

The Brainwashing Of My Dad By Limbaugh, Fox & GOP Media

Quote:
"I was inspired to make this film after watching my father – a non-political Democrat – turn into a right wing fanatic after a change in his car commute exposed him to the reactionary shows on talk radio. The changes in his behavior caused me to research the changes in the media over the last 30 years – and the effect of those changes on the country was indisputable. As the media have been co-opted more and more by special interests, documentarians have become the new journalists. My hope is that after seeing my film, people will question what the media tells them, and hold them accountable."

KGB-NP

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same thing happened when my father went from being self employed for almost 30 years to working at GM. Before the CAW's influence, I never heard him complain about anything, ever - period. When he first started working there he said, "it was like stealing" considering how little he did for the pay he received. After years of indoctrination he became an incessant whiner, complaining about this that and every other brainwashed injustice that "the man" expected of them. I often reminded him of his "stealing" statements in the past just to give him some regained perspective of just how his attitude changed from fortunate to entitled.
real-human

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nail_Ponder wrote:
Same thing happened when my father went from being self employed for almost 30 years to working at GM. Before the CAW's influence, I never heard him complain about anything, ever - period. When he first started working there he said, "it was like stealing" considering how little he did for the pay he received. After years of indoctrination he became an incessant whiner, complaining about this that and every other brainwashed injustice that "the man" expected of them. I often reminded him of his "stealing" statements in the past just to give him some regained perspective of just how his attitude changed from fortunate to entitled.

really, did they make him listen to political BS for a few hours a day.... Do they have that playing when he is working? Oh did he begin preaching the virtues of the CAW all day? Sounds like from your synopsis the opposite happened. That you believe this is a similar synopsis to draw such a unsupported analysis really shows your intellect.

KGB-NP

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are many ways in which humans assimilate into their environment and seek out approval and gain rapport with their peers that don't require any of the methods you have listed. If you would like to enlighten yourself, might I suggest some of the earliest books by Anthony Robbins. These books are very insightful into human behavior, and our limiting and empowering belief systems and how we come to develop those beliefs.
real-human

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nail_Ponder wrote:
There are many ways in which humans assimilate into their environment and seek out approval and gain rapport with their peers that don't require any of the methods you have listed. If you would like to enlighten yourself, might I suggest some of the earliest books by Anthony Robbins. These books are very insightful into human behavior, and our limiting and empowering belief systems and how we come to develop those beliefs.

A friend introduced me to Robbins in the late 80s or early 90s and I told my friend he must have read the book by Dale Carnegie's How to Win Friends and Influence People. That was one of the few books I read. A boss suggested I read it, boss who was known as the person who made atari atari and also activision activision. So of course I read it as much as I hate reading. But when a person worth in the upper 10s of millions suggests you read someone and you are just out of college you read it. It is a very good book. I am not a follower of robbins, not really a fan of his either. some people need his type of motivating which is fine. He is a gifted speaker.

KGB-NP

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

baja-human wrote:
A friend introduced me to Robbins in the late 80s or early 90s.....That was one of the few books I read.

So then you would agree that my father's change in attitude was a result of the influence of his workplace environment?

I would agree with you on the motivational aspect of his books. His later books were great too because they were more from his own coaching experiences rather than key points of other people's research. I attended one of his conferences back in the late 80's and it was a great experience, and one that I would recommend to anyone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 162, 163, 164 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
Page 163 of 277

Jump to: