myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
the big lie "the media is liberal"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 171, 172, 173 ... 275, 276, 277  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
real-human

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/nsa-used-phone-records-program-to-seek-iran-operatives/ar-BBlGMc3

Quote:
President George W. Bush originally directed the N.S.A. to begin systematically collecting Americans’ calling records in bulk based on a unilateral assertion of executive power. In 2006, the Justice Department persuaded the intelligence court to bless the program. It began issuing orders to phone companies to turn over their customers’ calling records.

Its orders were based on a secret interpretation of a provision of the Patriot Act, known as Section 215, which permits the F.B.I. to obtain business records deemed “relevant” to a national security investigation.

The theory, accepted by the intelligence court but rejected in a recent appeals court ruling, is that everyone’s records are relevant to investigations hunting for terrorists because analyzing indirect links between callers can, in theory, reveal hidden relationships and sleeper cells.

After praising the program as crucial to preventing terrorist attacks, intelligence agency officials now say that it has never thwarted one. But the program’s proponents argue that it is still a useful investigative tool..

right wingers are such morons..... never thwarted one and how much spent 100s of millions? Billions? yep lets see that front page for people....

real-human

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

as a liberal if I owned the media I would certainly put this front page....

interesting that this one is basically at this moment only found in few papaers media outlets.... the Guardian newspaper... again to me this is front page stuff...

who cares about law officers lives more? Liberals or right wingers?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/high-gun-ownership-linked-to-high-rate-of-police-officer-deaths/ar-BBlKMmv
High gun ownership linked to high rate of police officer deaths, study shows
Quote:
Swedler concluded that gun ownership rates had a closer correlation than violent crime to officer homicide rates.

Police officers in states with the highest rates of gun ownership are three times as likely to be killed as officers in states with the lowest rates of gun ownership, the researchers found – 0.95 homicides per 10,000 law enforcement officers in the former compared with 0.31 homicides per 10,000 in the latter.

real-human

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if this papers owner was liberal they would have not used an inaudible tape to fire a guy and once it was cleaned by the guy would have never fired him.

again showing the papers ownership matters. taking the word of the LAPD over one of their own. again the owner wants favors from the LAPD...

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/aug/15/ted-rall-los-angeles-times-lapd-police-cartoon

Fired Los Angeles Times cartoonist hits back at newspaper for siding with LAPD

Department used inaudible recording against award-winning journalist Ted Rall after he drew cartoon alleging police misconduct in 2001 jaywalking incident

Quote:
The LAPD did not respond to a request for comment, but the department’s union, the Los Angeles Police Protective League, said they “applaud the L.A. Times firing of cartoonist Ted Rall” in a blog post (since removed, but also issued as a press release here) describing how, “[s]ince [Rall’s] blog post, the LAPD has approached the Times and provided reports and records of the incident, including an audiotape of the encounter”.

“I work with Ted Rall,” wrote one commenter who gave his name as Paul on the police union’s blogpost. “Too bad the officer didn’t let Rall get run over!
We wouldn’t have to hear Rall’s disrespectful mouth for the last 15 years!”
real-human

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

where was the right wing outrage and media when the rove Bush private email server used in the whitehouse to circumvent a law was used. This one also had to do with outing a cia agent, as well as firing federal persecutors and this system was put in place to attempt to get around a presidential records act that was put in place for presidents. again the previous two Sec of State used private email accounts while in their positions... ya only 222 million emails missing in action to the congress that had ordered them for a investigation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bush_White_House_email_controversy

Bush White House email controversy
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
The Bush White House email controversy surfaced in 2007 during the controversy involving the dismissal of eight U.S. attorneys. Congressional requests for administration documents while investigating the dismissals of the U.S. attorneys required the Bush administration to reveal that not all internal White House emails were available, because they were sent via a non-government domain hosted on an email server not controlled by the federal government. Conducting governmental business in this manner is a possible violation of the Presidential Records Act of 1978, and the Hatch Act.[1] Over 5 million emails may have been lost or deleted.[2][3] Greg Palast claims to have come up with 500 of the Karl Rove lost emails, leading to damaging allegations.[4] In 2009, it was announced that as many as 22 million emails may have been deleted.[5]

The administration officials had been using a private Internet domain, called gwb43.com, owned by and hosted on an email server run by the Republican National Committee,[6] for various communications of unknown content or purpose. The domain name is an acronym standing for "George W. Bush, 43rd" President of the United States. The server came public when it was discovered that J. Scott Jennings, the White House's deputy director of political affairs, was using a gwb43.com email address to discuss the firing of the U.S. attorney for Arkansas.[7] Communications by federal employees were also found on georgewbush.com (registered to "Bush-Cheney '04, Inc."[8]) and rnchq.org (registered to "Republican National Committee"[9]), but, unlike these two servers, gwb43.com has no Web server connected to it — it is used only for email.[10]

The "gwb43.com" domain name was publicized by Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW), who sent a letter to Oversight and Government Reform Committee committee chairman Henry A. Waxman requesting an investigation.[11] Waxman sent a formal warning to the RNC, advising them to retain copies of all emails sent by White House employees. According to Waxman, "in some instances, White House officials were using nongovernmental accounts specifically to avoid creating a record of the communications."[12] The Republican National Committee claims to have erased the emails, supposedly making them unavailable for Congressional investigators.[13]

On April 12, 2007, White House spokesman Scott Stanzel stated that White House staffers were told to use RNC accounts to "err on the side of avoiding violations of the Hatch Act, but they should also retain that information so it can be reviewed for the Presidential Records Act," and that "some employees ... have communicated about official business on those political email accounts."[14] Stanzel also said that even though RNC policy since 2004 has been to retain all emails of White House staff with RNC accounts, the staffers had the ability to delete the email themselves.

nw30

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great question!!!
real-human

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I a liberal owned the media the Thursday or Friday beating of a homeless man who was Hispanic by two in Boston, where they beat him up just because they are right entitled enabled right wing haters. How do we know that because they told police in essence trump is right and we need to send them home. Fine outstanding right wingers...

well we did not see trump take the high road in his talk do we and say it is not OK to his idiots last night.

In fact if I was the liberal media I would have shown his base outside....

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trumps-audacious-southern-spectacle-is-part-of-his-strategy/2015/08/21/31da2a88-4812-11e5-846d-02792f854297_story.html?wpmm=1&wpisrc=nl_headlines
Quote:

Trump fans came by the thousands, driving from the Florida panhandle, from Mississippi, from Tennessee and Texas. Traffic was backed up for more than a mile.

On the street, Olaf Childress, a neo-Confederate activist, gave out copies of “The First Freedom” newspaper, which had headlines about “Black-on-white crime,” “occupied media” and “censored details of the Holocaust.”

Now where is one single media pointing this out in the USA? Putting his base with their encouraged wacked out haters... front page and hammering him for not disavowing his haters.

nw30

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PBS Anchor Gwen Ifill Mocks Israeli PM Netanyahu After Democrats Support Obama Iran Nuke Deal

Kristinn Taylor Sep 2nd, 2015 12:10 pm —154 Comments

Gwen Ifill, a star news anchor on the taxpayer funded Public Broadcasting System’s Washington Week and PBS Newshour, took to Twitter on Wednesday to mock Israel Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.
Ifill retweeted an Obama administration propaganda tweet from the administration’s @TheIranDeal Twitter account that itself mocked Netanyahu with a graphic based on a famous ‘nuclear bomb’ illustration Netanyahu used in an address to the United Nations.

“Take that, Bibi”, mocked Ifill, using Netanyahu’s nickname.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2015/09/pbs-news-anchor-gwen-ifill-mocks-israeli-pm-netanyahu-after-democrats-support-obama-iran-nuke-deal/
real-human

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
PBS Anchor Gwen Ifill Mocks Israeli PM Netanyahu After Democrats Support Obama Iran Nuke Deal

Gwen Ifill, a star news anchor on the taxpayer funded Public Broadcasting System’s Washington Week and PBS Newshour, took to Twitter on Wednesday to mock Israel Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.
Ifill retweeted an Obama administration propaganda tweet from the administration’s @TheIranDeal Twitter account that itself mocked Netanyahu with a graphic based on a famous ‘nuclear bomb’ illustration Netanyahu used in an address to the United Nations.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2015/09/pbs-news-anchor-gwen-ifill-mocks-israeli-pm-netanyahu-after-democrats-support-obama-iran-nuke-deal/

you mean PBS has hired someone who will post what the whitehouse/administration said on her twitter account not on the show? (ie news) vs spin it live (ie Fox)? and point out the difference with one of our many close friends in the world.

swchandler

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to ask, who gives a crap about what Netanyahu thinks?

Really, Netanyahu depends on what the US will do for Israel. And that's never been in question, but Netanyahu would like to irresponsibility present things differently. The foolish international theater directly with House Speaker Boehner, in the absence of reasonable and expected coordination with the White House proves that.
nw30

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

baja-human wrote:
nw30 wrote:

you mean PBS has hired someone who will post what the whitehouse/administration said on her twitter account not on the show? (ie news) vs spin it live (ie Fox)? and point out the difference with one of our many close friends in the world.

I'll let the ombudsman for PBS answer your question.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
More Self-Inflicted Wounds

By Michael Getler

Sept. 2, 2015

This column is not about me, but I start by acknowledging that I am something of a technological dinosaur. I still read printed newspapers and I don’t have a Twitter account or Facebook page. But the reason I don’t engage in social media is only in part because I’m a little challenged technologically. The real reason is that I’m the ombudsman at PBS and I don’t want to be glib or dash off something on Twitter that I would quickly regret, or that could easily be misunderstood, or could be used to either discredit me and my work or PBS. I had the same policy about pre-social media venues when I was the ombudsman at The Washington Post.

So that brings me to the real self-inflicted wound, which was a tweet by PBS NewsHour co-anchor Gwen Ifill on Wednesday—after it became known that President Obama had secured the necessary number of Democratic backers in the Senate to ensure that the nuclear agreement with Iran could not be blocked by opponents—that said: “Take that, Bibi.” That was a reference, of course, to Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu who has strongly opposed the agreement and came to Washington at the invitation of Republican House Majority Leader John Boehner to argue against it in front of Congress.

Ifill added the comment when she retweeted an illustration from an Obama administration Twitter account that is designed to support the case for an agreement.

As they say in today’s world, her tweet instantly went viral, picked up by bloggers, websites and a large number of Twitter followers and it quickly produced a lot of angry emails in the ombudsman’s inbox.

I asked Ifill and the NewsHour for a response and explanation. She explained, in an email to me and in a tweet to many others, that she was “RT'ing a @TheIranDeal tweet,” and added that she “should have been clearer that it was their argument, not mine.”

One would have to lean way over backwards to give her the benefit of the doubt that she was simply shedding light on the administration’s view of portions of Netanyahu’s arguments. But to personalize it by saying, “Take that, Bibi” is, in my book, inexcusable for an experienced journalist who is the co-anchor of a nightly news program watched by millions of people over the course of any week.

It is not the first time that I have written about Ifill and tweets. Three years ago a tweet supporting a former colleague, who made an inflammatory remark apparently unaware that his microphone had not been turned off, also brought about lots of criticism.

Ifill is a highly experienced journalist, very quick, alert, knowledgeable, and with an engaging on-air personality. She also has a talented eye for the ironies and political turnabouts in the daily flow of news that contributes to her presence. But PBS and the NewsHour are bigger than any individual and tweeting does not appear to be a tool, in these cases, that is appropriate for maintaining credibility, which is the bedrock for news organizations.

http://www.pbs.org/ombudsman/home/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 171, 172, 173 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
Page 172 of 277

Jump to: