myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
the big lie "the media is liberal"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 172, 173, 174 ... 275, 276, 277  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
real-human

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
baja-human wrote:
nw30 wrote:
PBS Anchor Gwen Ifill Mocks Israeli PM Netanyahu After Democrats Support Obama Iran Nuke Deal

Kristinn Taylor Sep 2nd, 2015 12:10 pm —154 Comments

Gwen Ifill, a star news anchor on the taxpayer funded Public Broadcasting System’s Washington Week and PBS Newshour, took to Twitter on Wednesday to mock Israel Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.
Ifill retweeted an Obama administration propaganda tweet from the administration’s @TheIranDeal Twitter account that itself mocked Netanyahu with a graphic based on a famous ‘nuclear bomb’ illustration Netanyahu used in an address to the United Nations.

“Take that, Bibi”, mocked Ifill, using Netanyahu’s nickname.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2015/09/pbs-news-anchor-gwen-ifill-mocks-israeli-pm-netanyahu-after-democrats-support-obama-iran-nuke-deal/

you mean PBS has hired someone who will post what the whitehouse/administration said on her twitter account not on the show? (ie news) vs spin it live (ie Fox)? and point out the difference with one of our many close friends in the world.

I'll let the ombudsman for PBS answer your question.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
More Self-Inflicted Wounds

By Michael Getler

Sept. 2, 2015

This column is not about me, but I start by acknowledging that I am something of a technological dinosaur. I still read printed newspapers and I don’t have a Twitter account or Facebook page. But the reason I don’t engage in social media is only in part because I’m a little challenged technologically. The real reason is that I’m the ombudsman at PBS and I don’t want to be glib or dash off something on Twitter that I would quickly regret, or that could easily be misunderstood, or could be used to either discredit me and my work or PBS. I had the same policy about pre-social media venues when I was the ombudsman at The Washington Post.

So that brings me to the real self-inflicted wound, which was a tweet by PBS NewsHour co-anchor Gwen Ifill on Wednesday—after it became known that President Obama had secured the necessary number of Democratic backers in the Senate to ensure that the nuclear agreement with Iran could not be blocked by opponents—that said: “Take that, Bibi.” That was a reference, of course, to Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu who has strongly opposed the agreement and came to Washington at the invitation of Republican House Majority Leader John Boehner to argue against it in front of Congress.

Ifill added the comment when she retweeted an illustration from an Obama administration Twitter account that is designed to support the case for an agreement.

As they say in today’s world, her tweet instantly went viral, picked up by bloggers, websites and a large number of Twitter followers and it quickly produced a lot of angry emails in the ombudsman’s inbox.

I asked Ifill and the NewsHour for a response and explanation. She explained, in an email to me and in a tweet to many others, that she was “RT'ing a @TheIranDeal tweet,” and added that she “should have been clearer that it was their argument, not mine.”

One would have to lean way over backwards to give her the benefit of the doubt that she was simply shedding light on the administration’s view of portions of Netanyahu’s arguments. But to personalize it by saying, “Take that, Bibi” is, in my book, inexcusable for an experienced journalist who is the co-anchor of a nightly news program watched by millions of people over the course of any week.

It is not the first time that I have written about Ifill and tweets. Three years ago a tweet supporting a former colleague, who made an inflammatory remark apparently unaware that his microphone had not been turned off, also brought about lots of criticism.

Ifill is a highly experienced journalist, very quick, alert, knowledgeable, and with an engaging on-air personality. She also has a talented eye for the ironies and political turnabouts in the daily flow of news that contributes to her presence. But PBS and the NewsHour are bigger than any individual and tweeting does not appear to be a tool, in these cases, that is appropriate for maintaining credibility, which is the bedrock for news organizations.

http://www.pbs.org/ombudsman/home/

here let me decode it for you.... if you are a right winger, you can even call the president horrible names insult him and much more and that is journalism at Fox and all the ABC and CBS radio stations.

But be a liberal and tell another countries leader who insults the US president; tell him on your own personal twitter account that you have lost this round and you are sanctioned. got it...

real-human

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks to nail p he backs up with a poll that shows Bush is one of the most hated men in the history of the world. I would be slamming this front page headlines every week.

http://www.thedailystar.net/frontpage/bush-more-hated-stalin-85900

Study finds George W Bush is more hated than Stalin

again the lowest embarrassment ever in the history of the USA was when Bush was at the Popes funeral and during the ceremony live the screens showed a picture of Bush, and here we are with the religious people of The world at a funeral and what did they do? No they did not cheer, but the lowest of the lowest they Booed the President of the USA.

again I would plaster that across the papers and TV if I a liberal owned it. Note there was barely a peep about it and none with my correct spin the most embarrassing low ever of the US presidency. What liberal media would not want to educate/inform the people of this?

KGB-NP

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If in your opinion of 7000 twenty three year old student from across the planet is a viable criteria then you go ahead and run with. Perhaps a better cross section might be a sampling of that doesn't get their news from Facebook, TMZ or ET.

You mean these people, right?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7jEl_xxbo8

Booing Bush at Pope's funeral. Oh boy, that proves it for sure. Hitler was an amateur next to the Dubya, right?
real-human

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nail_Ponder wrote:
If in your opinion of 7000 twenty three year old student from across the planet is a viable criteria then you go ahead and run with. Perhaps a better cross section might be a sampling of that doesn't get their news from Facebook, TMZ or ET.

You mean these people, right?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7jEl_xxbo8

Booing Bush at Pope's funeral. Oh boy, that proves it for sure. Hitler was an amateur next to the Dubya, right?

You will never understand stats so polling is a subject way to hard for you.

ya 50 years ago I am sure the 23 yo would have put Hitler as the worst, and I am confident if you had been alive you would have argued otherwise of those stupid 23yo..

And hitler is still up there...

I am proud the world see him( Bush) for the monster he is.... again left office with the lowest approval ratings in US polling history... but the media has been to nice to him. Again I would send him to the world court to fight his crimes against humanity. Specially since he and his family will not admit how they are such in-humans idiots. His brother is even saying he was right.

swchandler

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While President GW Bush wasn't on any lists as one of our better presidents, he did have one of the most aggressive, very dark and fanatical vice presidents of all time that he listened to for far too many years. Dick Cheney is still one of the scariest guys that has a presence today on the American political scene. Unbelievably, he doesn't regret a single thing that he did.
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5GaAQ8g4gg
real-human

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why isn't the media calling this out as it is, it is terrorism, why call it arson without terrorism. gee not in the headlines on sunday ha...

oh because the media is owned by the right wing...

Fire at Washington Planned Parenthood Labeled an Arson

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/fire-washington-planned-parenthood-building-ruled-arson-n422186

http://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0SO8w2yGu1VVl8ABD9XNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTEycTMxNmR2BGNvbG8DZ3ExBHBvcwM1BHZ0aWQDQTAxNTdfMQRzZWMDc3I-/RV=2/RE=1441631026/RO=10/RU=http%3a%2f%2fwww.npr.org%2fsections%2fthetwo-way%2f2015%2f09%2f05%2f437829915%2ffire-at-washington-state-planned-parenthood-clinic-fire-deemed-arson/RK=0/RS=_LmKxWG_cTShZjWeiAFOM_u96Mk-

KGB-NP

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And then we have these terrorists too.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3186742/Shameless-lesbian-couple-burned-house-insurance-payout-called-hate-crime-blamed-neighbour.html

Google that story and see how the left wing media has no links to that terrorist story.
real-human

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nail_Ponder wrote:
And then we have these terrorists too.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3186742/Shameless-lesbian-couple-burned-house-insurance-payout-called-hate-crime-blamed-neighbour.html

Google that story and see how the left wing media has no links to that terrorist story.

Gee again your analogy is so intellectually lacking it is sad.

They burnt their own house down..... They did not destroy someone else's property in an attempt to shut them up.

And again these are not heros or even encouraged by the democrats for what they did at all. I doubt you could find even any fringe group or political talker supporting any part of what they did. You will not find talk radio supporting in in any way by a liberal.

Now contrast that to the right wing, they encourage their haters to take action and terrorize. They have their terrorist encouraging wantabees in every part of society. From politicians, churches, to judges, to all forms of media including talk radio.

way past you or the right wings abilities to rationally think things through. Business people burn their businesses down all the time, we do not think of them as terrorists or label them as such. I am sure many individuals burn their homes down too for insurance purposes. again we do not call those terrorists even if they blame it on some neighbor.

We call terrorist/terrorism that because their goal is to shut people up or stop them from what they are doing. Like you trying to shut me up with divulging personal information for no other reason other than to try to terrorize and or harm me because you do not like my political persuasion...

real-human

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great example of no liberal media.

Needless to say cyber crime against the government is a matter of national security. But as we can see the right wing congress not passing funding for national security training for computer issues is being neglected by their right wing political games that they place right wing ideals more important than the security of the USA.

Lets see if this is put front page of all media with the headlines

Right wing congress is threatening the cycber security of the USA. All agencies are now and have been vulnerable because of the hate games republican congress plays. All hacks to date are due to right wing hate of government.

now that is an accurate headline to the importance of the issue. Again if it was a liberal media I would have that front page. vs their wimpy headline... again lets see if this is front page on major media or 20th page in with wimpy headline.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/09/15/us-usa-cybersecurity-idUSKCN0RF2DC20150915?wpmm=1&wpisrc=nl_daily202
Homeland Security websites vulnerable to cyber attack: audit
Quote:
The report focused on ICE, Secret Service and the National Protection and Programs Directorate, which is charged with protecting government computers and the nation's critical infrastructure from cyber attack. Responsibilities of ICE and the Secret Service include money laundering, financial and commercial fraud, bank and credit card fraud and identity theft.

Officials from ICE, NPPD and the Secret Service told investigators the agencies' ability to conduct proper training programs has been hampered by the stop-gap funding bills Congress has been passing because of its inability to approve yearlong spending in a timely way.

One ICE analyst told investigators he had not attended any formal training in four years, partly because of federal budget cuts known as sequestration, and invested his own time and money for cyber training.

"Without developing the department-wide training program, component personnel may not possess the skills necessary to perform their assigned incident response duties or investigative responsibilities in the event of a cyber attack," the report said.

The inspector general also said the department needs to develop a strategic plan to coordinate cyber activities and would benefit from automated capability for near real-time incident information sharing.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 172, 173, 174 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
Page 173 of 277

Jump to: