myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
the big lie "the media is liberal"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 174, 175, 176 ... 275, 276, 277  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
real-human

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
Nail_Ponder wrote:
I've been listening to NPR

Oh, yeah ... the network whose own top management was caught on tape discussing their deliberate far left slant even in their news, later publicly admitted by the network's own ombudsman. At least conservative talk radio can be interesting and/or entertaining with the right host, and a select few are highly informative and usually accurate.

lets see your link to that admission by the Ombudsman, geee like I really believe you tell the unbiased truth.

I find NPR very nice. But I do not like them because they are not partisan liberal and the typical really stupid right winger believes if it is not ultra hate right wing , well then it is liberal as in this case.

Yes interesting and entertaining like Fox where you are more mis-informed if you watch Fox or listen radio where of the political talk it is 95% of right wing waco talk.... radio

from Wiki
Quote:
While NPR does not receive any direct federal funding,

real-human

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

likability the media is polling against Hillary. Or for the ignorant that is called Push polling. Has any other election focused on such a attribute to a single candidate? Note they are not doing constant likability polls of Christie, jeb Bush, and others on the right wing side on this election. this is just a right wing hate job using the right wing owned media.

http://www.msnbc.com/melissa-harris-perry/watch/poll-shows-major-drop-off-for-trump-in-nh-538269763947.

Again if the media was liberal they would not be doing or putting out unbalanced comparisons like this or even putting out this simple pointing out how it is being done..

real-human

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:25 pm    Post subject: Indiana Republican state rep resigns over sexually explicit Reply with quote

another right wing hypocrite hater is caught.
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/09/30/1426292/-Indiana-Republican-state-rep-resigns-over-sexually-explicit-video?detail=email

Indiana Republican state rep resigns over sexually explicit video
Quote:
Indiana Rep. Jud McMillin had been considered a rising star in the Republican party. He was a co-sponsor of Indiana's controversial "religious freedom" law, which essentially legalized discrimination against LGTBQ residents. He quickly rose to a leadership post after being elected.
Rep. Jud McMillin abruptly resigned after embarrassing news went public:

The Indianapolis Star has learned that the surprise resignation came after a sexually explicit video was sent via text message from McMillin's cell phone. It's unclear who sent the text or how broadly it was distributed.
It's also unclear whether the video featured the married McMillin, but he says he did not send it:
McMillin said in a text message last week, "My phone was stolen in Canada and out of my control for about 24 hours. I have just been able to reactivate it under my control. Please disregard any messages you received recently. I am truly sorry for anything offensive you may have received."

Out of his control for 24 hours? And no password lock on his phone? Hmmm. As the Indianapolis Star notes, this isn't the first time he's resigned over a sex-related misconduct:
In 2005, his career as an assistant county prosecutor in Ohio came to an end amid questions about his sexual conduct. He admitted to a relationship with the complainant in a domestic violence case he was prosecuting, but he insisted the relationship began after he stepped off the case, according to the Dayton Daily News. He resigned a week after he stopped working on the case.

Macmillan says he's leaving to spend more time with his family.

real-human

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:28 pm    Post subject: White supremacist cited on Dylann Roof website is a big Repu Reply with quote

wow the media plasters even something minor about a dem receiving money from a questionable source...

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/06/22/1395432/-White-supremacist-cited-on-Dylann-Roof-website-is-a-big-Republican-donor

White supremacist cited on Dylann Roof website is a big Republican donor

Quote:
The Council of Conservative Citizens plays a pivotal role in the racist manifesto found on a website registered to Dylann Roof, with the manifesto's author describing being influenced by the "brutal black-on-white murders" reported on the Council of Conservative Citizens' website. So it's ... interesting ... to see what candidates the president of the Council of Conservative Citizens favors. Earl Holt III is not only the president of a white supremacist group, he's a big Republican donor.
Holt has since 2012 contributed $8,500 to Cruz, the Texas senator running for the Republican presidential nomination, and his Jobs, Growth and Freedom Fund political action committee, according to Federal Election Commission (FEC) filings. On some filings Holt’s occupation was listed as “slumlord”.
He has also given $1,750 to RandPAC, the political action committee of Paul, the Kentucky senator and presidential contender, and he gave $2,000 to the 2012 presidential campaign of Mitt Romney.

A further $1,500 was donated by Holt to Santorum, the former Pennsylvania senator and 2012 Republican presidential primary runner-up, who is running for president again in the 2016 race and attended Sunday’s memorial service at Emanuel AME Church.

real-human

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:31 pm    Post subject: Armed vet proves NRA wrong, explains why he didn't confront Reply with quote

gee is the media bringing this point up all over?

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/10/03/1427420/-Armed-Vet-proves-NRA-wrong-and-explains-why-he-didn-t-confront-Oregon-Killer-with-Good-Guy-Gun?detail=email#

Armed vet proves NRA wrong, explains why he didn't confront Oregon shooter with his 'good guy' gun

Quote:
In a predictable response to yet another mass gun murder, we are already hearing the loud cries that more guns are what was needed in the situation. Concealed carry is the solution, and all this death is actually the fault of "gun-free zones." That was Republican Nevada state representative Michele Fiore's argument, who wrote the following on her blog:

“I have said it before and I will say it again: I believe that an armed society is a safe society,” Fiore wrote.
“Labeling a public place a ‘gun-free zone’ will not create a non-violent environment for citizens; in fact, it does the opposite. By creating this illusion, we, as a country, are putting targets on the backs of our children, our families and our selves,” she continued. “While the President has already used this tragedy to feed his anti-gun agenda by saying that these killings have become ‘routine’, what he fails to mention is the truly routine pattern of these terrible crimes is that they happen in gun-free zones. Places where people have been rendered defenseless by the government.”

But the fact is that Oregon does have a concealed-carry law, and that technically it supersedes the "gun free zone" requirement. In fact, there were multiple students on campus at Umpqua Community College who were in fact legally armed and carrying, including veteran John Parker [pictured above] who was on the scene and carrying his weapon. But Mr. Parker had various reasons for not drawing his weapon and charging into the fight. The first among them was that he very well could've have been a target for S.W.A.T. and a distraction from the real shooter.
It's not like the "bad guys" running around with guns have a big sign that says "Shoot Me" pinned on their back. Police are going to think anyone who's armed is probably the bad guy.

Keep reading.

real-human

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:34 pm    Post subject: Pope blindsided by meeting with Kim Davis Reply with quote

do you hear this in the right wing owned media all over. If I owned the media i would put this front page to offset what the right wing media has been portaying. Shouldn't all the media that falsy reported this be fired.

Pope blindsided by meeting with Kim Davis
Quote:
Many news organizations are now reporting that the Papal meeting with embattled Rowan, Kentucky County Clerk Kim Davis was set up by U.S. Vatican officials. The Pope met with Kim Davis and others, but had no prior knowledge of her situation when meeting with her.

real-human

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it was whites being discriminated against it would be front page all over the USA... And something would be done about it. this is as un-american as it gets, the right wing are not different than the slave owners in their thinking.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/10/01/1426873/-The-sneaky-new-voter-suppression-tool-in-North-Carolina-uncovered-by-one-of-our-own

The sneaky new voter suppression tool in North Carolina, uncovered by one of our own
byJoan McCarterFollow

Quote:
Illustration of increased distance black voters had to take to get to an early voting polling place in 2014.
Daily Kos's own DocDawg, aka Bill Busa, isn't new to finding and breaking voter suppression news from his state of North Carolina here. Earlier this year, he broke the story of voter registration irregularities under the new regime of Republican Gov. Pat McCrory. That research has been included in litigation against McRory's voter suppression efforts. Busa has been doing a lot more research, and broke the story for us last weekend, at the Daily Kos Connects Asheville Conference.
What Busa has found is illustrated in the above image: a systematic and very sophisticated effort to make the simple act of going to the polls much, much more difficult for North Carolina's black voters. From Busa's presentation:

North Carolina Republicans have been actively moving the goalposts—they've been moving polling places around like a crazed monkey on crack. They have been cutting numbers of polling places in some counties, increasing numbers in other counties. There has been no systematic analysis of the effect of this. All I've been able to find in any news outlet is, you know: a little local newspaper, say Winston-Salem's, will say: "the number of early voting sites is twelve this year...by the way, it was fifteen last year." That's it. Nobody has taken an overall view. […]
The headline outcome from our analysis is that in 2014 white voters—71% of the electorate in North Carolina—had to travel an additional 119,000 miles from their homes to their nearest Early Voting locations...which is approximately equivalent to halfway from the Earth to the Moon.

I hear you ask, "how did it affect black voters?" Well, black voters—22% of the electorate—had to travel to the moon and halfway home again, 370,000 miles, in 2014, to get to their nearest Early Voting place. […]

Social equity. Rev. Barber was talking last night about how we should make moral arguments; we shouldn't be talking about liberals and conservatives, we should be talking about right and wrong. And the right and wrong of it is that the well-to-do, like many of us in this room, have a much higher degree of mobility and a lot more freedom to say "I'm not coming into work...I'll be a half an hour late, because I'm going to stop off and vote first." Wage slaves in a low-wage job, which a lot of people of color are stuck in today, don't have that opportunity, to tell the manager of McDonald's "I'm going to be a half hour late today because I'm going to vote." So, I really insist that excessive distance-to-poll is a poll tax. It costs you money to go vote, and the more money it costs, the fewer poor people vote.

Most of the voter suppression actions taken by the new Republican majority legislature and McCrory have been very transparent, very apparent to the public: redistricting to corral black votes; voter ID; reducing early voting days; eliminating same day registration; and, particularly damaging to the black voter, eliminating voting on the Sunday before the election, the traditional "Souls to the Polls" activity of black churches. All of that was well publicized. This, however, this eliminating and moving of polling places was done very quietly. In Busa's words: "There was no systematic 'we're going to go into one hundred counties, we're going to steal polling places from blacks in all one hundred counties.' What there was was a rather more efficient and slimy way of doing the same thing." It was done under the radar of everybody but Busa and his partner, who sniffed out the problem and have the statistical analysis chops to document it.

techno900

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course, to keep the minorities from driving to the moon, there is an alternative, which doesn't require a photo I.D. Of course, some rural homes have long driveways and a long walk to the mail box, I guess that could be considered voter suppression.

Quote:
North Carolina

Absentee Voting

Absentee voting is comprised of two methods by which registered voters may cast ballots other than the traditional method of appearing in person and casting a ballot on the day of the election. These methods are absentee by mail (civilian absentee voting and military and overseas citizens absentee voting) and absentee in-person (one-stop absentee voting).

Civilian Absentee Voting by Mail

Any registered North Carolina voter can request an absentee ballot from his/her respective county board of elections no later than the last Tuesday before the election. To request an absentee ballot, voters or a near relative* may send a letter or note to the county board of elections with the following information:

• Request Statement (“I am requesting an absentee ballot for the _______ Election.”)
• Name of voter
• Residential address of voter
• Address where ballot should be mailed (if different from residential address)
• Date of birth of voter
• Telephone number
• Signature of voter or near relative* (indicate relationship with voter)

*A near relative is a: spouse, brother, sister, parent, grandparent, child, grandchild, mother-in-law, father-in-law, daughter-in-law, son-in-law, stepparent, or stepchild. The Relative Request should also include the relative’s name, address, phone number, and relationship to the voter.

The signed request may be mailed, faxed, delivered in person, or scanned and emailed to your:

County Board of Elections (click the link to find your county contact info).
real-human

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
Of course, to keep the minorities from driving to the moon, there is an alternative, which doesn't require a photo I.D. Of course, some rural homes have long driveways and a long walk to the mail box, I guess that could be considered voter suppression.

Quote:
North Carolina

Absentee Voting

Absentee voting is comprised of two methods by which registered voters may cast ballots other than the traditional method of appearing in person and casting a ballot on the day of the election. These methods are absentee by mail (civilian absentee voting and military and overseas citizens absentee voting) and absentee in-person (one-stop absentee voting).

Civilian Absentee Voting by Mail

Any registered North Carolina voter can request an absentee ballot from his/her respective county board of elections no later than the last Tuesday before the election. To request an absentee ballot, voters or a near relative* may send a letter or note to the county board of elections with the following information:

• Request Statement (“I am requesting an absentee ballot for the _______ Election.”)
• Name of voter
• Residential address of voter
• Address where ballot should be mailed (if different from residential address)
• Date of birth of voter
• Telephone number
• Signature of voter or near relative* (indicate relationship with voter)

*A near relative is a: spouse, brother, sister, parent, grandparent, child, grandchild, mother-in-law, father-in-law, daughter-in-law, son-in-law, stepparent, or stepchild. The Relative Request should also include the relative’s name, address, phone number, and relationship to the voter.

The signed request may be mailed, faxed, delivered in person, or scanned and emailed to your:

County Board of Elections (click the link to find your county contact info).

Absentee ballots are sometimes not even counted in elections till after the the first day, not sure of NC.

thanks for supporting another point, you can vote without an ID this way so why not in person.

Whereby to date it has been shown that not one state has found in person voting IDs would have prevented any meaningful relevant statistically relevant fraud. And Bush and the Rovian in-justice department set vote fraud at one of the top priorities of the in-justice department. So high that when a few federal prosecutors would not prosecute the 5 or so cases in 8 years found they were dismissed.

real-human

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

once again the right wing media plays up Sorros like the dems have all the money. Here is some more hidden money of another ultra partisan right wing waco billionaire. And he is another owner of the ultra partisan right wing waco media...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/how-a-reclusive-computer-programmer-became-a-gop-money-powerhouse/2015/10/05/1af0c1bc-50b7-11e5-8c19-0b6825aa4a3a_story.html?wpmm=1&wpisrc=nl_headlines

Quote:
He has attained almost mythic stature in the new big-money world of presidential politics — a reclusive computer programmer, a hedge fund magnate and the biggest individual super-PAC donor so far of this campaign cycle.

Robert L. Mercer worked on a team that revolutionized the arcane world of machine translation. Then he made his fortune devising algorithms to outwit Wall Street traders.

Throughout it all, he has avoided attention.

Cambridge Analytica — that is embedded in Cruz’s headquarters. The firm entered the U.S. market in 2012 and works only for Republican causes, according to CEO Alexander Nix.

Politico, citing unnamed sources, reported in July that Mercer owned a share of the company. Publicly available corporate records do not name the company’s owners.

An earlier disruption came when a Senate committee found in 2014 that Renaissance Technologies’ use of complex financial structures known as “basket options” had allowed it to save billions by paying taxes at low rates. Then-Sen. Carl Levin (D-Mich.), who helped lead the inquiry, called the approach “a pretty stunning bit of phony and abusive tax machinations.”

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 174, 175, 176 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
Page 175 of 277

Jump to: