myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
the big lie "the media is liberal"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 195, 196, 197 ... 275, 276, 277  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
real-human

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm, received a call this morning from a person who I have their phone number because she said someone called her at 3 in the morning EST to tell her her phone was going to be deactivated unless she called a certain company that happens to be mine. I have nothing to do with phone service.... So she called me in the morning.

Obviously a prank to harm my business... Gee what right winger would stoop to having me phoned like that. Certainly not a random act....

and you wonder why small business owners do not want hateful sick right wingers to put their info on the internet. So gee that concern that some claim is paranoia is already playing out. Someone is damaging my business with malice. I asked her to check into getting the caller ID and get back to me, but doubt it would be a traceable number.

real-human

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets see if the words of one of americas richest family will have anything slapped back at her like the trump usually does. again he has no evidence to this but it is another hate rally cry for the wacko fringe very vocal right wingers...again his lies are enabling the base... make the wacky right wingers even dumber than they are.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/melinda-gates-donald-trump-vaccines_us_56a0f85ee4b0404eb8f067af?ir=Politics%3Fncid%3Dnewsltushpmg00000003

Quote:
Philanthropist Melinda Gates blasted Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump this week for his assertions that childhood vaccinations can lead to autism, calling them “ridiculous” and “misinformed.”

During the annual World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, on Thursday, Gates sat down with HuffPost Rise and discussed why Trump’s statements on vaccines are wrong.

Trump has claimed several times that there's a correlation between vaccines and the developmental disorder autism -- a claim that is unsupported by science, and that has its roots in a discredited 1998 study by a British doctor who was later stripped of his license. Researchers have investigated the possibility of a link between vaccines and autism and have not found evidence that one exists.

I'm not against vaccinations for your children, I'm against them in 1 massive dose.Spread them out over a period of time & autism will drop!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) September 4, 2014
Healthy young child goes to doctor, gets pumped with massive shot of many vaccines, doesn't feel good and changes - AUTISM. Many such cases!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) March 28, 2014
Lots of autism and vaccine response. Stop these massive doses immediately. Go back to single, spread out shots! What do we have to lose.

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 22, 2012

now lets see if the media picks up on this even if Trump attacks her...

isobars

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yet another example of the liberals -- or at least a liberal mindset -- in the media was this comment by FNC's Leland Vittert. I have no idea where his politics lie, but his willingness to kowtow to overzealous big government surely showed through.

He was covering the snowstorm and DiBlasio's travel ban going into effect in an hour. The cameras showed streets and parks devoid of any traffic other than kids of all ages playing in the near-record snowfall. The whole scene was just people having a brand of fun very seldom available in urban sprawl as the foot-deep snow eliminated the differences between streets, lawns, parks, sidewalks, etc. and turned everything into a playground. Leland's innocent but revealing closing comment spilled the beans of a man willing, maybe even eager, to let others run his life: "They'd better enjoy it while they can, because it's all over in an hour."

He was apparently implying that DiBlasio's quite understandable travel ban, intended to eliminate vehicular traffic until the storm abated, included kids on foot ... a total curfew.

I suppose I'll have to explain my point further to liberals, to big city dwellers, and to sheeple in general: The U.S.A. is a free country, not a dictatorship or a prison camp. Big government has no GD right to tell us how to live our lives until our actions infringe upon other, RATIONAL, people (atheists whining about Christmas trees are not rational, and I'm not putting a damned "IMO" after that). I'm certain Vittert didn't mean it that way (unless he is a liberal), but kids from 4 to 104 playing in the snow are not inherently infringing on anyone's civil, constitutional, human, religious, or any other rights. They were not blocking any snowplows or ambulances, not in need of a rescue, not smashing and looting stores, not overturning or burning cars, not throwing rocks or Molotov cocktails at cops, not even making noise beyond laughter. Hell, we didn't even see any of them trying to commit the heinous and criminal act of eating their own GD sammich. Not even Comrade DiBlasio intended to kick the kids off the streets.

Anyone to whom this rant seems overblown is by definition part of the problem contributing to the ever-increasing stultification of many once-free societies, and you should be ashamed of yourself. Take your control freak mentality to Cuba and let the rest of us wish each other Merry Christmas, hang some lights in our yard, have an Easter Egg hunt, launch almost anywhere there's wind and water, eat our junk food until it kills us (as long as we don't expect others to pay for our health care or oversized casket), wear a cross or a yarmulke, make a small sand castle or pull a weed on the beach (a federal offense on the banks of the Columbia River), drink a Big Gulp so we can write our ENTIRE name in the snow, buy an ETF via a limit order and put a stop loss on it (likely illegal beginning Feb 26), sleep in our RV at cooperating Walmarts, and eat our own damned sammich in our own damned car.
techno900

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iso posted:
Quote:
He was apparently implying that DiBlasio's quite understandable travel ban, intended to eliminate vehicular traffic until the storm abated, included kids on foot ... a total curfew.

I think if you check, you find that it was vehicular traffic only, and now has been lifted.
mac

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean Iso overreacted and posted something completely false? Again? Has he moved to Virginia?
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
I think if you check, you find that it was vehicular traffic only

That was my point. It banned vehicles, but the city boy news guy assumed it meant no one was allowed to go out on foot and enjoy the winter fun.

I've had officious idiots try to screw up my harmless, safe, legal freedom quite a few times, and I resent the hell out of it. I've even taken a couple of them into court to appeal their BS, and won.

The sammich wasn't worth the effort.
feuser

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:

The sammich wasn't worth the effort.

That sandwich deserves its own forum.

http://www.windsurfing.kasail.com/
real-human

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-press_us_56a552fee4b076aadcc6fefc?
Quote:

WASHINGTON -- At a time when the media’s duty to vet candidates is more urgent than ever, journalism is giving Donald Trump a free pass, leading historian Doris Kearns Goodwin told The Huffington Post in an interview.

Trump deploys fame for fame’s sake; taps into populist expressions of fear, hatred and resentment and shows a knack for picking fights and a braggart’s focus on the horse race. All of which allow him to play into -- and exploit -- every media weakness and bad habit in a chase for audience and numbers.

As a result, said Goodwin, the 69-year-old Trump has preempted serious scrutiny of his past, character, record in business and suitability -- if any -- for the office of president.

real-human

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow there is justice in a right wing area.... the right wing partisan gov ordered an investigation and the right wing prosecutor brought it before a grand jury, and the grand jury cleared planned parenthood and out of the blue indicted the right wingers....

while there is no way a jury in right wing texas will ever convict them, I also thought there is no way a grand jury would ever indict the ones not being investigated.

Now the point is how will the right wing US owned media portray this, will they point out it was a ultra partisan right wing governor going after planned parenthood, and also a right wing prosecutor ordered by the goc to go after planned parenthood. and will they note the grand jury cleared planned parenthood of any criminal activities. Lets see how the right wing media spins this for their hating base.... IE it will be the right wingers are the true victims and neglect to clearly spell out how it was a ultra partisan gov and partisan prosecutor?

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/26/us/2-abortion-foes-behind-planned-parenthood-videos-are-indicted.html?emc=edit_th_20160126&nl=todaysheadlines&nlid=43747607&_r=0
2 Abortion Foes Behind Planned Parenthood Videos Are Indicted
Quote:

HOUSTON — A grand jury here that was investigating accusations of misconduct against Planned Parenthood has instead indicted two abortion opponents who made undercover videos of the organization.

Prosecutors in Harris County said one of the leaders of the Center for Medical Progress — an anti-abortion group that made secretly recorded videos purporting to show Planned Parenthood officials trying to illegally profit from the sale of fetal tissue — had been indicted on a charge of tampering with a governmental record, a felony, and on a misdemeanor charge related to purchasing human organs.

That leader, David R. Daleiden, 27, the director of the center, had posed as a biotechnology representative to infiltrate Planned Parenthood affiliates and surreptitiously record his efforts to procure tissue for research. Another center employee, Sandra S. Merritt, 62, was indicted on a felony charge of tampering with a governmental record.

The record-tampering charges accused Mr. Daleiden and Ms. Merritt of making and presenting fake California driver’s licenses, with the intent to defraud, for their April meeting at Planned Parenthood in Houston.

Abortion opponents claimed that the videos, which were released starting in July, revealed that Planned Parenthood was engaged in the illegal sale of body parts — a charge that the organization has denied and that has not been supported in numerous congressional and state investigations triggered by the release of the videos.

On Monday, the Harris County district attorney, Devon Anderson, said in a statement that grand jurors had cleared Planned Parenthood of any wrongdoing.

The case here started in August, when Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick, a Republican and an outspoken opponent of abortion and Planned Parenthood, asked Ms. Anderson to open a criminal investigation into the organization.
His request came after the release of an undercover video recorded at a Planned Parenthood Gulf Coast office in Houston with a research official for the organization.

Ms. Anderson, a Republican who was appointed district attorney by Gov. Rick Perry in 2013 and was later elected to the office, described the investigation on Monday as “lengthy and thorough,” and said it involved her office, the Houston police and the Texas Rangers. She said the grand jury reviewed the joint inquiry for more than two months.

real-human

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How could any real media in the USA not put this front page if they were a real liberal. this one is so telling...

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/01/29/1476854/-Anne-Frank-s-stepsister-has-strong-words-to-say-about-Donald-trump?detail=email

Anne Frank's stepsister who survived Auschwitz has strong words for Donald Trump

Quote:
Eva Schloss, now 86, became stepsister to Anne Frank when Eva’s mother married Anne’s father after World War II. Anne Frank was a German-born Jewish girl who documented her personal experiences in a diary while under the World War II rule of Adolf Hitler. Her personal account become one of the most compelling journals ever written. Anne and Eva were friends before the war. Both were young girls when they were taken to Auschwitz, but only Eva Schloss survived.

Now living in London, Schloss is very aware of the racist rhetoric Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump spreads throughout world. On Holocaust Remembrance Day, Schloss has had no problem likening Donald Trump to one of the most horrific war criminals and mass-murderers in known history. In an Newsweek open letter :

Screen_Shot_2016-01-29_at_2.05.22_PM.png
Eva Schloss in 1989

"If Donald Trump becomes the next president of the U.S. it would be a complete disaster. I think he is acting like another Hitler by inciting racism."

Eva Schloss calls Trump’s proposed “huge” wall to keep immigrants out of America “absurd” and believes his proposed ban on all Muslims and Syrian refugees entering the U.S. would cause many deaths. Schloss believes we “haven't really learnt anything” and points out poignant similarities between Syrian refugees and Jewish refugees from the Holocaust. believes fewer people would have died in the Holocaust if the world had accepted more Jewish refugees.

I travelled to America last year to speak at screenings of the documentary film, No Asylum, which reveals an unknown chapter of Anne Frank’s life, and details how her father, Otto, struggled to obtain visas to the U.S. in 1940. He tried everything to save his family from the Holocaust. He knew someone who worked in Roosevelt’s administration and begged him to do anything possible, but in the end his request was rejected. America didn’t want to take any more refugees in the 1940s.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 195, 196, 197 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
Page 196 of 277

Jump to: