myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
the big lie "the media is liberal"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 205, 206, 207 ... 275, 276, 277  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GT, I think even you as an atheist would agree if they'd been brought up as Christians, Jews or almost any other religion, there would be no terror.
real-human

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GURGLETROUSERS wrote:
The opinion of students often gives me a chuckle Baja. We all understand how worldly wise they are!! When I was one, I firmly believed that mankind had evolved to basically goodness. Sadly, I grew up!

I must admit it is nice to know that optimism for the future of humanity still flourishes in some quarters. But if it wasn't for the driving force of commitment to 'manufactured' obsessions (riding alone on two wheels over mountain tops, sailing alone out to sea, kayaking alone on camping journeys with only the wild life for company - well, you get the picture) I'd have despaired of mans inhumanity long ago.

Come to think of it, if these obsessive Islamists had just a spark of appreciation of the wonders of the natural world, if might just have saved them from themselves. Think about it!

you have to agree these students are a lot more informed of the intricate going ons of the US elections than you or I or most in the UK, for that matter even in the USA.

GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll give you that Baja. It's just that I feel experience of life (wisdom) is equally important.

We regularly get calls to lower the voting age to 16, to which my response would be, had that been the case some years ago the Spice Girls would have been a considerable part of our government. That is not to say that 16 year olds are ignorant or ill informed, but that immaturity is an integral part of growing up, as is (clearly) susceptibility to fads and crazes.

It is not religion itself that I oppose Steven. I value our Christian heritage despite obvious past excesses, because it has shaped what we are. I suppose what I am really meaning is that strict observance and perverted actions to the concept of serving a god while ignoring the interaction we can make to the wonders and challenges (true homage) of our marvellous planet (heaven on earth?) is a particular human absurdity.

If there was such a thing as a god, would he really expect abject slavery and worship, or would he say, 'look, I've given you a wonderful world, now get out there and discover yourself and find true enlightenment. Then you will begin to understand me.'

I would warm to that!
real-human

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GURGLETROUSERS wrote:
I'll give you that Baja. It's just that I feel experience of life (wisdom) is equally important.

We regularly get calls to lower the voting age to 16, to which my response would be, had that been the case some years ago the Spice Girls would have been a considerable part of our government. That is not to say that 16 year olds are ignorant or ill informed, but that immaturity is an integral part of growing up, as is (clearly) susceptibility to fads and crazes.

It is not religion itself that I oppose Steven. I value our Christian heritage despite obvious past excesses, because it has shaped what we are. I suppose what I am really meaning is that strict observance and perverted actions to the concept of serving a god while ignoring the interaction we can make to the wonders and challenges (true homage) of our marvellous planet (heaven on earth?) is a particular human absurdity.

If there was such a thing as a god, would he really expect abject slavery and worship, or would he say, 'look, I've given you a wonderful world, now get out there and discover yourself and find true enlightenment. Then you will begin to understand me.'

I would warm to that!

hmmm Bush and Blair were not with wisdom.

GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on Baja. Neither of them were pure evil.

I have no liking for Blair. I think he was/is a chancer, but not everything that he says can just be dismissed as stupidly wrong. His current analysis (in carefully chosen language) of Middle Eastern religious problems is a case in point. (He must have found SOME wisdom from his years at the helm.) I can't speak for Georgie boy and his coterie of advisors!

All I'm suggesting is that there IS the possibility that people can learn from their mistakes, even the most stubborn of us.I'm always comforted by the thought that when the brown stuff hits the fan, even the most profound philosophers are like lost little boys when faced with the big question.

My God, my God why hast thou forsaken me? (From one of the best.)
real-human

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GURGLETROUSERS wrote:
Come on Baja. Neither of them were pure evil.

I have no liking for Blair. I think he was/is a chancer, but not everything that he says can just be dismissed as stupidly wrong. His current analysis (in carefully chosen language) of Middle Eastern religious problems is a case in point. (He must have found SOME wisdom from his years at the helm.) I can't speak for Georgie boy and his coterie of advisors!

All I'm suggesting is that there IS the possibility that people can learn from their mistakes, even the most stubborn of us.I'm always comforted by the thought that when the brown stuff hits the fan, even the most profound philosophers are like lost little boys when faced with the big question.

My God, my God why hast thou forsaken me? (From one of the best.)
I do not think Blair was pure evil, but I absolutely question his wisdom in allowing the lies to go to war. It is one thing to have said Bush is apparently lying about the facts. But I will still go to war anyways even if Bush is lying to the world.

Bush is the definition of no wisdom... He showed none in going to war and everything else he did in his life from being a lying draft dodger to being an admitted drunk most of his life. pure evil, is a bit strong but when you are responsible for a war on lies, well if the glove fits we must convict.

GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baja. We'll agree on past errors, but given the situation we in the west now face with the rise of militant Islam (ISIS are just the extreme faction, and has tacit support from very many 'ordinary' Muslims) how do you think we should proceed?

As I see it, appeasement is not an option (taken as a sure sign of weakness) so, as Blair hinted, decisive world action is now necessary. I can see no other clear answer.

You must be aware that the most pressing worry to the security forces is Pakistan, and their nuclear arsenal. They are currently developing small scale tactical nuclear weapons which, if the terrorists could get their hands on them (and that is their undoubted aim) would be perfect for their purposes.

It is clear that the Pakistan regime is at high risk from their considerable lawless terrorist (Islamic) factions, which we know are hell bent on acquiring nuclear capability.

How should we (or CAN we), in your opinion, ensure that such can never happen?
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to mention N Korea who would be all too happy to share their technology with the terrorists. It is reported that Iranians are present at all NK nuclear tests.
swchandler

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you actually think that North Korea is openly inviting representatives from places like Iran when they conduct their nuclear tests and other related escapades? Do you have any real proof from a few credible sources that that kind of thing regularly happens?
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Report in todays Times, which I assume is not an April fool.

'Small battlefield nuclear weapons developed by Pakistan could fall into the hands of terrorists if the country does not do more to secure its arsenal, leading western powers have warned.

Fears about the vulnerability of Pakistan's missiles emerged on the eve of the nuclear security summit in Washington, which will discuss the threat of Islamic State acquiring nuclear materials. For the first time the summit will include a simulation of a terrorist nuclear attack.

Isis has spoken publicly of its nuclear ambitions, citing Pakistan as its most likely source of materials.

Nawaz Sharif, Pakistans prime minister is a notable absentee among the fifty world leaders expected to attend the two day meeting in Washington after cancelling his trip in response to the Lahore terrorist attacks at the weekend, and an unfolding confrontation with his military.'
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 205, 206, 207 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
Page 206 of 277

Jump to: