myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
the big lie "the media is liberal"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 244, 245, 246 ... 275, 276, 277  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mac

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone think that Bard has actually read Orwell?
wsurfer

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NP is a straight shooter, NW, not so much. Malibu Barbie is what he is!

Worked for the honest media in the first eight years of my career. Lots of honest hardworking, fact-checking people I have ever met. Truly an honor Exclamation Exclamation
nw30

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
Must maintain the liberal control!!!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hillary Clinton Wants to Be CEO of Facebook

The failed presidential candidate said that the social media platform is the largest source of news in the world, and she'd like to be in charge of it

Failed presidential candidate Hillary Clinton told Attorney General Maura Healey (D-MA) that she would like to be CEO of Facebook, while receiving the Radcliffe Award at Harvard on Friday.

“If you could be a CEO of any company right now, what would you choose?” Healey asked.
“Facebook,” Clinton quickly answered

The former secretary of state explained that Facebook “is the biggest news platform in the world.”
“Most people in our country get their news, true or not, from Facebook,” she said. “It really is critical to our democracy that people get accurate information on which to make decisions.”

Apparently Clinton would like to be the one deciding the “accurate information” that Americans see.

For the vid~
https://ntknetwork.com/hillary-clinton-wants-to-be-ceo-of-facebook/

wsurfer: "NP is a straight shooter, NW, not so much. Malibu Barbie is what he is!
Worked for the honest media in the first eight years of my career. Lots of honest hardworking, fact-checking people I have ever met. Truly an honor"

Are you trying to say that this article, with the accompanying video is BS?
That's very mac'ish of you, no attempt to prove the article wrong, just tooting your own questionable horn.
vientomas

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
nw30 wrote:
Must maintain the liberal control!!!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hillary Clinton Wants to Be CEO of Facebook

The failed presidential candidate said that the social media platform is the largest source of news in the world, and she'd like to be in charge of it

Failed presidential candidate Hillary Clinton told Attorney General Maura Healey (D-MA) that she would like to be CEO of Facebook, while receiving the Radcliffe Award at Harvard on Friday.

“If you could be a CEO of any company right now, what would you choose?” Healey asked.
“Facebook,” Clinton quickly answered

The former secretary of state explained that Facebook “is the biggest news platform in the world.”
“Most people in our country get their news, true or not, from Facebook,” she said. “It really is critical to our democracy that people get accurate information on which to make decisions.”

Apparently Clinton would like to be the one deciding the “accurate information” that Americans see.

For the vid~
https://ntknetwork.com/hillary-clinton-wants-to-be-ceo-of-facebook/

wsurfer: "NP is a straight shooter, NW, not so much. Malibu Barbie is what he is!
Worked for the honest media in the first eight years of my career. Lots of honest hardworking, fact-checking people I have ever met. Truly an honor"

Are you trying to say that this article, with the accompanying video is BS?
That's very mac'ish of you, no attempt to prove the article wrong, just tooting your own questionable horn.

Watched the vid...looked like a smart ass joke type answer in a "lightning round" of quick questions. Did you see and hear the laghter? Context has meaning.
nw30

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Her cornbread ain't done in the middle.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
Her cornbread ain't done in the middle.

Crooked Hillary understands the crooked power of Facebook, and dreams about it.
mac

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I scare myself. Hatred seems to be a way of life on the right. Along with labeling everything you don't like "bigotry."
swchandler

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's too bad that Hillary Clinton didn't win the election. In contrast to Donald Trump, I think that she would have definitely measured up to the demands and requirements of the presidency. Trump is so manifestly unfit for the job, and he regularly proves it through his broad web of lies and deceptions.

Regarding her comments in the video, what she is saying is unquestionably true about Facebook and its role in the dissemination of news and information in today's world. Yet, it's obvious to me that the opinion writer at the ntknetwork totally missed the humor of Clinton's initial response to Healey's question. Instead, he metes out some of the petty ugliness that you can expect from a Clinton hater.
real-human

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here is trump playing the victim game again... when it was Germany that posted the photo he hates so much...

https://thinkprogress.org/trump-blames-media-for-merkel-photo-g7-af928ddb2d13/

Trump attacks media over viral photo that was actually shared by Merkel
Merkel isn't pulling any punches.

Quote:
On Friday and again on Sunday, President Trump attacked the media for the way the contentious G7 summit in Canada was covered.

“I have a great relationship with Angela Merkel of Germany, but the Fake News Media only shows the bad photos (implying anger) of negotiating an agreement – where I am asking for things that no other American President would ask for!” Trump tweeted, along with a string of images from G7 photo ops where Trump appears to be getting along with other heads of state.

View image on TwitterView image on TwitterView image on TwitterView image on Twitter

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
I have a great relationship with Angela Merkel of Germany, but the Fake News Media only shows the bad photos (implying anger) of negotiating an agreement - where I am asking for things that no other American President would ask for!

4:03 PM - Jun 15, 2018
38.2K people are talking about this
Twitter Ads info and privacy
Then, on Sunday morning, Trump reposted his tweet from Friday, and added, “Please clear up the Fake News!”

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
Please clear up the Fake News!

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
I have a great relationship with Angela Merkel of Germany, but the Fake News Media only shows the bad photos (implying anger) of negotiating an agreement - where I am asking for things that no other American President would ask for!

View image on TwitterView image on TwitterView image on TwitterView image on Twitter
5:58 AM - Jun 17, 2018
18.6K people are talking about this
There’s just one problem. The photo Trump is upset about — a viral picture of German Chancellor Angela Merkel leaning over a table and looking at Trump with exasperation during G7 talks, while Trump sits defiantly with his arms crossed — was actually posted on Instagram by Merkel herself.

real-human

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow was on the job since 1993, again trump killing jobs...

Editorial Cartoonist Fired Following Rejected Trump Cartoons

https://www.cbr.com/pittsburgh-post-gazette-rob-rogers-fired/

Quote:
Rob Rogers, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette editorial cartoonist, has announced that, after a weeks-long conflict with his editors regarding unpublished anti-Trump cartoons, he has been fired from the paper.

Rob Rogers

@Rob_Rogers
Sad to report this update: Today, after 25 years as the editorial cartoonist for the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, I was fired.

11:05 AM - Jun 14, 2018
19.1K people are talking about this
ADVERTISING [X]

According to TribLive, the issue began when six of Rogers’ cartoons were held back in late May and early June, after which he went on extended leave from the Post-Gazette’s editorial page. When his case was looked over by the Columbia Journalism Review, they found that 19 of Rogers’ cartoons or pre-publication ideas had been either left unpublished or were refused publication. Among the cartoons were several that Rogers has published on his Twitter feed, one depicting President Trump giving North Korea’s Kim Jong Un accolades from on top of a pile of skulls.

Rob Rogers

@Rob_Rogers
Things with my paper are still unresolved but I decided to draw this one for syndication only. Enjoy. Summit cartoon: http://robrogers.com/2018/06/13/summit/ … #TrumpKimSummit #KimJongUn #Trump #TrumpKim #nukes #HumanRights #NorthKorea

Post-Gazette publisher John Robinson Block told the Washington Post just before the firing that the dispute with Rogers was “an internal, personnel matter we are working hard to resolve. It has little to do with politics, ideology or Donald Trump. It has mostly to do with working together and the editing process.”

The move was criticized by Michael Fuoco, president of the union representing the Post-Gazette’s journalists.

RELATED: Pia Guerra Talks Trump, Politics & Editorial Cartooning

“I barely recognize this place anymore,” Fucco wrote. “Rob was a talented, wonderful colleague whose only transgression was he did his job. What has happened to the marketplace of ideas we are supposed to provide?”

The Newspaper Guild of Pittsburgh released an official statement regarding Rogers’ firing:

“There was never a problem before but with the new order of the Post-Gazette editorial pages, it seems that those who do not follow the pro-Trump, pro-conservative orthodoxy of the publisher and editorial director are of no use.”

Rogers’ firing, following so closely after President Trump declaring that the news media is “Our Country’s biggest enemy” has been cited by others as worrisome in a time when freedom of speech and the press are more vital than ever.

Last edited by real-human on Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 244, 245, 246 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
Page 245 of 277

Jump to: