myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
the big lie "the media is liberal"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 82, 83, 84 ... 275, 276, 277  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
real-human

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Minuteman militia founder arrested on child molestation char Reply with quote

Again my approach, I googled his name and there are three pages total in the news about him, one report from a few years ago where his ex wife had a restraining order on him.

again I say if this was a liberal that was a founder of a left wing organizeation it would have been headlines for all the right wing owned media today. Again if I owned the media it certainly would be by me.

They received lots of media for their tea bagging type of activities making them look like heros.

again when goggled under news with his name 3 total pages and only one was current issue/results.

Minuteman border watch co-founder jailed on child sex charges

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/352713

Quote:
Phoenix - The founder of a right-wing Arizona militia dedicated to preventing undocumented immigrants from entering the United States from Mexico has been arrested and charged with molesting three young girls.
AZFamily.com reports 52-year-old Chris Simcox, founder of the Minuteman Civil Defense Corps, was arrested on Wednesday morning by Phoenix police.

Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/352713#ixzz2WnUJhZ1S
mountainbear

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Journalism was created as an antidote to gossip. What we see now is not a result of progression of a profession, but a complete corruption and distortion of facts and stories, to help support or develop one's agenda. Truly sad. Sometimes to sit back and read what goes on in this forum, by supposedly above average, educated individuals getting hostile at each other based on the very little they assume their truth to be, is remarkably entertaining. Keep at it gentleman, your country is falling apart in front of your eyes and your arrogance still demands that you look away from what is really happening. ...until you lose it. These last few months have been surrounded by controversy, corruption and lies, and you still won't admit that is all going on under the current administration's watch. The amount of power and freedom you are willing to give away is unbelievable, and for the sake of what? Who? Stop with this game of "Right or Left", this is your country ( America ) and we are losing it!
nw30

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mountainbear wrote:
Journalism was created as an antidote to gossip. What we see now is not a result of progression of a profession, but a complete corruption and distortion of facts and stories, to help support or develop one's agenda. Truly sad. Sometimes to sit back and read what goes on in this forum, by supposedly above average, educated individuals getting hostile at each other based on the very little they assume their truth to be, is remarkably entertaining. Keep at it gentleman, your country is falling apart in front of your eyes and your arrogance still demands that you look away from what is really happening. ...until you lose it. These last few months have been surrounded by controversy, corruption and lies, and you still won't admit that is all going on under the current administration's watch. The amount of power and freedom you are willing to give away is unbelievable, and for the sake of what? Who? Stop with this game of "Right or Left", this is your country ( America ) and we are losing it!

Amen brother!!!
keycocker

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are sure right about the left and right thing.
Are sure journalism wasn't created as a product to sell for money?
Journalists go to school to make money by writing stories. Papers are published by capitalists who plan to profit.
I don't think they care much about being an antidote to gossip.
Ever notice most news stories are not about the gov?Or politics?
They are about deaths on the highway,rescues of kittens,etc.
The paper lying on the table in front of me has a sports section bigger than all the news section and four inserts of grocery ads, plus a same size classified.
real-human

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mountainbear wrote:
hmmm, may I say the country is falling apart by the control of the media... seems the discussion went right over your head.

the US media is ranked about 35 for freedom of the press, who do you think owns and controls the press the "POOR"... hahahahahaha

If there is one thing we should be number one in is a free press. that should be a no brainier...

Enlighten yourself and read the examples of this thread first, then debate the facts of the so called liberal media.

But if you do not believe control of the propaganda is important well it then becomes the ignorance level of americans, and again that is what a thread like this is doing, giving the non-right wing owned medias perspective. correct we do not have 10 million readers a day like the top right wing media papers...
mountainbear

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Journalists go to school to learn how to report on events, and have enough evidence in hand in order for those stories than be published as articles that can than be analyzed by the reader. The stories should be a direct reflection of facts that have taken place or information that can be verified. Writers write stories. And any product once produced to supply a demand should be rewarded by profit. That's how the product can be improved. Nothing bad with that. Capitalism is NOT a bad thing, it gives people like us the extra capital to invest in things that we enjoy, such as windsurfing gear. And yes, sadly, people lost their interest in Politics and Government issues because it requires research, time, and an open mind to be able to do your own report. Think about it. Regardless of being right or left wing, how many times do we have to read the same story from different sources in order to make up our minds? We will watch MSNBC, CNN and read the NYT to verify the same information! We don't believe your own chosen sources, and with reason. Don't you find that disturbing?
mountainbear

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am amazed by the lack of comprehension coming from you "BajaDean". Where in the world did you get the impression that the "Poor controlling the media " was ever stated? The poor is poor. They can't control anything beyond their immediate life and what goes on at the moment. They could care less who is the President, what is the purpose of Google or how is the IRS getting away with crimes. They are poor! They have other priorities...like being able to put food on the table today or a place to sleep. And again, the fact that apparently you rely on you own thread as a source of information shows how ignorant you are. And just so you know, I am far from being a Left wing liberal but I can see how easy it is to find oneself repulse by a personality on the likes of yours.
real-human

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mountainbear wrote:
I am amazed by the lack of comprehension coming from you "BajaDean". Where in the world did you get the impression that the "Poor controlling the media " was ever stated? The poor is poor. They can't control anything beyond their immediate life and what goes on at the moment. They could care less who is the President, what is the purpose of Google or how is the IRS getting away with crimes. They are poor! They have other priorities...like being able to put food on the table today or a place to sleep. And again, the fact that apparently you rely on you own thread as a source of information shows how ignorant you are. And just so you know, I am far from being a Left wing liberal but I can see how easy it is to find oneself repulse by a personality on the likes of yours.

I did not say you were any sort of liberal. your first post in this section showed you were poorly informed. The wiretapping began under Bush shortly before 9-11. Yes that was before 9-11. Do you remember congress giving the communications companies immunity from prosecution for before. That was debated and I guess we did not see your so called moral outrage against Bush did we. But your indignant retort is now. That is how I knew you were not a liberal, because us informed liberals knew about this way back then. It is the sheep that did not know this. Right now the difference is for the "government to use this information vs just store it, they now need a FISA warrant again. See before Bush used his executive orders to bypass the FISA courts they had to approve them. Can you tell me how many FISA warrants were ever denied back then. I can. lets see your knowledge of the subject.

The IRS stuff is also a right wing crying game, did you see the tstimony of the head of that group who was a stanch republican saying the people under him were not political going after these. Do you even have a clue the only group that was denied its 501 classification was a liberal group, the only one. you spout like you know what was going on but just these two examples show you are just a byproduct of the right wing owned/controlled media.

As far a my statement the POOR owning the media was a point. That also went over you from what it appears that you would call it out as some sort of gotcha. What it does by reasoning it means well only the rich can own it obviously. It shuts the debate down right there to clear line of reasoning. And the rich have a agenda in owning and controlling the message.

Now why do I post, well it is kind of thesis defense, I post what I have reasoned and found and expect to challenge anyone who is competent at proving my points are wrong. I have no problem with citing facts and refuting the others side. I would cherish a right winger being able to defend and show facts to back up their BIG LIE. I like it when they try it challenges me to show how their point is not accurate. I have gone to some mainly right wing sites and done similar and to this date, I have not ever seen a compelling argument that the right wing assumption and comment they make that "the media is liberal" holds water on virtually any level of debate. again it is the BIG LIE principle used/perfected by the Nazis.

The right wing is so good at playing the so called victim...
keycocker

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Bear,
I think the need to hear it from all sides is as old as the human race, so it doesnt bother me as a reflection of modern times. The cops have to ask every eyewitness what they saw instead of just one. It is not unusual when each eyewitness saw something different.
When it is in the media we tend to accuse them of promoting an agenda. When it is your neighbors talking about a critter in the yard last night, we find differing accounts easy to accept.
mountainbear

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that I am poorly informed and that was the reason for the post. I really wished we had a reliable News source that would, more efficiently and honestly, inform the population about what is going on without partisanship. Maybe than we could have a more productive discussion based on facts instead of assumptions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 82, 83, 84 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
Page 83 of 277

Jump to: