myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Wyatt and Tyson’s La Ventana / Baja Report Season 3 and 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scameron

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Save me a spot on the water! Will be there Jan 1.
wyattmiller

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell ya Scameron its on down here. We even got some new youth who are ripping it. Best thing ever is setting up a kid with some gear and watching him killing it like he was 20. By far the best year yet.

Tomorrow I am getting some shots of him stay tuned.

But for now check this shot of BMP from a couple days ago. Downwind of LV where it is onshore he pulls a shaka off one shore break and lands on the same swell....swell

Bryan shaka onto wave.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  102.5 KB
 Viewed:  17846 Time(s)

Bryan shaka onto wave.jpg

wyattmiller

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I realize that the shot posted... sick as it is... does not prove that he landed anything. So I give you this:

Tyson I am saving your shots for Petey Pablo cause the human sprinkler is out of this world.

BmP yours are also in the can but this was dope on endless review.

Bryan sticking the shaka on 1 swell.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  115.71 KB
 Viewed:  17845 Time(s)

Bryan sticking the shaka on 1 swell.jpg

wyattmiller

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Norte has been a little slow in arriving yet somehow we manage to eak out some fun.

Thursday poured rain all day probably the most I have ever seen in a single day. Then around 1pm the power went out and stayed out until about 8pm. Didn't stop pall the little restaurants from keeping the kitchens going and the candle lit tables were pretty nice.

Friday we cruised around on the quads with zero dust and great traction on account of the freshly soaked desert. After the ride the gang went up to Las Palmas restaurant for the start of an afternoon down winds SUP. Wind was around 18 so some of the crew went out windsurfing on big stuff.

Friday night we headed over to Los Barilles to watch the final of the Baja 250km offroad race series. Town was packed with thousands of cheering fans. The course took the racers down the beach, up the north arroyo through the hills, then down the south arroyo and back across the beach with 4 laps. It was pretty epic as each time the trucks came around they were missing more and more fenders. The stock VW bug class was hilarious to watch I definitely did not envy them bumping around with limited suspension.

End of the day I cruised back to LV on the coast road from Los Barilles, stunning views and nice tacky terrain.

Now its ......uhhh Sunday and the Norte is already hitting, clouds are retreating and it looks like we are in for a good blow.

Downwind Paddle.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  71.13 KB
 Viewed:  17600 Time(s)

Downwind Paddle.jpg

Fun on the Rubi Brigitte.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  212.02 KB

Fun on the Rubi Brigitte.jpg

Sheldon Sail Racing LB.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  149.56 KB

Sheldon Sail Racing LB.jpg

Can DOOOO.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  225.07 KB

Can DOOOO.jpg

Coast Road from LB to LV.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  183.66 KB

Coast Road from LB to LV.jpg

wyattmiller

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Season is in full swing. PWLV is almost full up. We have Bryan-Metcalf Perez and Casey Hauser in the house along with Jay Watermier from the Gorge. A strong Norte blew in two days ago and it is still firing. Today we are going to have the biggest LV Race Series slalom event yet with the wind filled in by 12:00.

Going to bring you some photos from the races a little later.

We also finally got some shots of the new kid on the block FreedyP. We haven't figured out his last name yet so we are calling him Freddy P like the rapper. Kid has the best attitude ever and each day he is getting a little less shy. Sent him out yesterday on a brand new Naish Session 4.0 and despite the fact that he probably could have been on a 2.7 the kid was busting jumps and helitacking all over the place. We got a new one under the wing and with his skill and our coaching we are going to have to got a lot more shots of the guy. So stay tuned.

FreddyP.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  120 KB
 Viewed:  17339 Time(s)

FreddyP.jpg

FreddyP Ripping.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  127.76 KB

FreddyP Ripping.jpg

FreddyP Tucked up for Launch.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  112.31 KB

FreddyP Tucked up for Launch.jpg

wyattmiller

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyson is becoming a novelist I am gonna have to split this post in two.

We just finished one more set of races before the holidays and they turned out really well. This time, we had some really good competition, including Bryan Metcalf-Perez, Casey Hauser, Jay Watermayer, and a couple more fast sailors, to go along with the usual crowd. Started off the day not looking too windy, but in great La Ventana style, the wind filled in to a nice 7.0, 7.8 breeze. Couldn't have asked for better conditions.

Race director Neil Foley has been setting up the courses perfect, allowing the kites to hit the boat on the start and use their deep down wind speed to gain an advantage, but also letting the windsurfers hit the pin with good speed across the wind. Couldn't have had a more even start line. Along with the good start, the reaches were nice and long, making for some epic battles for position. Every race was one to watch.

The first race was great! We all lined up pretty even on the start, with the windsurfers at the pin and the kites at the boat. Adam Withington (kiter) was blasting off the start, coming down on the fleet and getting to the mark in first place. All of us windsurfers were 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th at the first mark. This really meant that we were going to need to turn it on to catch Adam in the lead. I was starting to gain on him by the second mark, and ended up being right on his tail by the time we were jibing. On the third reach, all I could hear in my head was Wyatt saying "You better not lose to any of those kiters or you are sleeping outside for a loooooooong time!" I wasn't fully blasting because the wind had dropped a bit for that race, so I had to do everything I could to pull out as much speed as possible. By the time we hit the third mark, I had caught him upwind, allowing me to jibe at the same time as him and cut him inside to have a drag race to the next mark. Caught a good gust coming out of that mark and put the peddle down to pull away and put at least a 3 board length lead before the last jibe. Didn't look back after that and took the bullet in the first race.

Second race went a lot better for all the windsurfers. We realized that mid line was the place to start for all of us, making it to the first mark 1st - 5th for the windsurfers. There were a couple changes in position, but not very many, putting the windsurfers in front of the kiters the whole way.

1Startline.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  88.38 KB
 Viewed:  17192 Time(s)

1Startline.jpg

2First Boy.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  94.24 KB

2First Boy.jpg

3Tyson Leading the pack.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  95.25 KB

3Tyson Leading the pack.jpg

4Kiters blowing up at the mark.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  90.65 KB

4Kiters blowing up at the mark.jpg

5WIndsurfers out in front.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  95.47 KB

5WIndsurfers out in front.jpg

allen

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Godsey not doing his daily Baja forecasts anymore? Looked on the Baja Guide today and the latest I saw was 12/18.
wyattmiller

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmmm ya looks like he hasnt updated it in a while. Maybe went home for the holidays.

The computer generated forecast is spot on if you know how to interpret it.

http://www.iwindsurf.com/windandwhere.iws?siteID=1369&Isection=Forecast+Graphs&regionID=130

If the arrows are straight for the north:

10-12 is 5.4

13-16 is 5.0

16 -20 is 4.5 -4.0

For my efficient but 200lb self.
windfind

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys,

I am doing a forecasting project for Google and will be back on duty in La Ventana Jan. 3 doing multiple wind forecasts and hot springs onsite reports each day.

Mike Godsey
weatherflow.com
windalert.com
iwindsurf.com
ikitesurf.com
sailflow.com
fishweather.com
USAfishing.com
windnotes.phanfare.com

La VentanaRainbow.jpg
 Description:
Rainbow over La Ventana waters
 Filesize:  202.51 KB
 Viewed:  16963 Time(s)

La VentanaRainbow.jpg

jsampiero

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Google weather. You heard it here first.

My personal website: www.youneedjosh.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

Jump to: