myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
FEMA under Romney
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keycocker wrote:
RR,
If we tested and fired every employed person if they had a beer or a joint in the last two months, would the Canadian economy collapse? LOL

The drug of choice in Canada is Tim Horton's coffee. It's like a freaking religion here! .....gotta git my Timmies ya know eh? Rolling Eyes
pueno

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reinerehlers wrote:
Are seatbelts an infringement?

No, and neither are helmets for motorcyclists. While I don't mind if a brainless moron kills himself (and ONLY himself), I resent that tax dollars and higher insurance premiums must pay medical and life support costs for years for the ones who don't quite live but also don't quite die.

That's you and me paying, either directly through tax subsidies or indirectly through higher medical costs.
uwindsurf

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canadians use marijuana at four times the world average, making Canada the leader of the industrialized world in cannabis consumption, a recent United Nations report found.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/canada-tokes-at-4-times-world-average-un-1.659074
mac

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every time I am out on my bicycle and a car goes by trailing a cloud of marijuana smoke, I get nervous. In my youth we sat around inside listening to music, laughing, and wearing really ugly clothes like striped bell bottoms!

Of course, the smell constitutes probable cause.
uwindsurf

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Supreme Court of Canada has overturned a company's right to impose mandatory, random alcohol testing on its unionized workers in a dangerous workplace.

In a 6-3 decision released on Friday, the court ruled the policy unilaterally adopted by Irving Pulp and Paper Ltd. in Saint John in 2006 for employees in safety sensitive positions is unreasonable.

The Supreme Court of Canada says random alcohol testing by an employer is only justified in certain circumstances.

A dangerous workplace is not automatic justification for random testing, the court ruled in the case, which dealt narrowly with unionized workers and management's ability to balance privacy rights with the need for safety in dangerous workplaces.

The decision says dangerousness of a workplace only justifies testing particular employees in certain circumstances:

Where there are reasonable grounds to believe an employee was impaired while on duty.

Where an employee was directly involved in a workplace accident or significant incident.

Where the employee returns to work after treatment for substance abuse.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/workplace-random-alcohol-tests-rejected-by-top-court-1.1340382
uwindsurf

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Four Canadian provinces - British Columbia, Ontario, New Brunswick and Nova Scotia - passed legislation mandating either all-age or under-18 helmet use in the period 1995 to 1997. Alberta made helmets mandatory for cyclists under 18 years old from May 2002 (see below), an all-age mandatory helmet law was introduced on Prince Edward Island in 2003, and Manitoba introduced legislation for <18 mandatory helmets in May 2013 (see below).
In 2013, different bike helmet laws applied in each Canadian province and territory:

Alberta: Minors
British Columbia: All ages
Manitoba: Minors
New Brunswick: All ages
Newfoundland and Labrador: No law
Northwest Territories: No law
Nova Scotia: All ages
Nunavut: No law
Ontario: Minors
Prince Edward Island: All ages
Quebec: No law but education programs available
Saskatchewan: No law but education programs available
Yukon: No law
uwindsurf

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
mac, you've got some kind of serious TEA Party obsession going on, here are your threads w/in just the 1st and 2nd pages:

"Will the Republican survive the Tea Party?"
"What has the Tea Party done for us lately?"
"Obama vs. the Tea Party, who can lead?"

Are you worried about the TEA Party or something?
If they were so out there, to where they aren't even a threat, then you wouldn't have this obsession, seems to me.
Bringing them up, all the time, keeps them relevant, don't you think?

(CNN) - The leaders of some national tea party groups aren't taking kindly to tough talk by Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell.

The top Senate Republican, who's running for re-election this year, said over the weekend that he's not concerned about facing a tea party supported primary challenger back home in Kentucky.

"I think we are going to crush them everywhere," McConnell told the New York Times in an interview. "I don't think they are going to have a single nominee anywhere in the country."

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2014/03/10/tea-party-pushes-back-against-mcconnell/?hpt=hp_t2
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

youwindsurf wrote:
Canadians use marijuana at four times the world average, making Canada the leader of the industrialized world in cannabis consumption, a recent United Nations report found.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/canada-tokes-at-4-times-world-average-un-1.659074

youwindsurf,
We smoke it but we're like American politicians and don't inhale. Do you have any stats on how many of us bang our interns and then lie about it?
windoggi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
Every time I am out on my bicycle and a car goes by trailing a cloud of marijuana smoke, I get nervous.
Sounds like the respectful pothead safely passed you. What's the problem?
mac

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RR--I will stipulate that Clinton was a sleaze ball. He was a pretty good president, not withstanding the sleaze factor--but was also lucky. But then Bush was a dry drunk.

Perhaps you have to be a little crazy to want to be president?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: