myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Time to gloat
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nw30

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winning thru defeat!

mac: "I predict that the Reps will be too busy gloating to realize that they need to stop the bleeding with Hispanic voters. Hispanics will be a plurality in Texas by 2020, and there is a prospect of the Hispanic vote turning Texas, Arizona, and Colorado blue by 2016. Bush II understood that, and courted Latinos. But too many of the current crop sound just like Bard--nastily nativist. Obama's threat of executive action is the first step in the 2016 campaign, and the Republicans are liable to step right into the punch. If they were smart, Boehner would explain things to his members, bring the Senate immigration bill to a vote, and perhaps make some cosmetic changes that would be acceptable to the Senate leadership. He would do it in the lame duck session before the even craziers get there. I'm betting he's too stupid.

The Democrats have stolen a page from Karl Rove's play book. Karl used abortion and gay rights as wedge issues to galvanize the base. Obama and the Democrats are going to let the Republicans say enough vile things to galvanize the Hispanic vote. Watch."

As Obama said, "You want to change things? Then win some elections!"
Okay we did.

But congratulations anyway mac as being amongst the most liberal cities in the nation, see http://www.salon.com/2014/10/29/the_10_most_conservative_and_liberal_cities_in_america_partner/

And also congratulations on being in the city to be the first one to tax soda, see
https://au.prime7.yahoo.com/a1/news/a/-/local/25447136/berkeley-residents-become-first-in-us-to-vote-in-favour-of-soft-drink-tax/

Always watching out for the little guy, but not the big employers of thousands (soda companies)? Okay, yeah whatever.
You must be proud.
But in fact you sound like Obama at is post election presser, basically claiming that he IS on the right track because he believes most of the people (who didn't vote) believe in him.
HOW IN HELL WOULD HE KNOW THAT?
How do you know that?
Yeah, yeah, "turn out baby, turn out", for what? They have to have something that they want to vote for, if there is nothing, then why should they vote? There is no reason, so that is total denial on both yours and BHO's part, good luck with that.
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And, oh yes ... why didn't he make a damned phone call to Nieto and get Tahmooressi freed 200 days ago rather than waiting until HIS MOM got a couple of senators and a talk radio host to do it for him? Bergdahl deserts and probably turned traitor and gets five terrorist leaders freed in exchange for him and gets a Rose Garden ceremony, yet Tahmooressi rots in one of Mexico's worst prisons because he makes a wrong turn and immediately admits to having legally owned guns in his car?

(You lefties can't deny any of that, I soundly criticized Bush for letting those Border Patrol officers go to prison for doing their jobs, and anyone who doesn't fully know what a Tahmooressi is has no business commenting on it.)
boggsman1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NW.... I love it!,,,, thanks for the links. This is the best city in the country by a wide wide margin, and its the most liberal? Pinch me. Add mast high conditions to crazy mountain biking, insane restaurants, tech economy, spectacular scenery, and gazillions of other stuff? You can have all the Red territory you want , knock yourself out living in Tulsa, and ill take the Bay Area.
Signed
Marin county hot tubber
coboardhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boggsman

You do have a point about Blue vs Red towns. The Red town, where I have had a house for 25 years, is located in a beautiful setting. BUT...the town sucks...the MTB trails, I worked on, have been handed over by the local govt to the motor heads...crosswalks are considered target zones...national restaurant chains...cookie cutter subdivisions. The Blue town, where my office is, also stunning, dozens miles of single track, eclectic restaurants, friendly drivers...funky neighborhoods

Why is that?
nw30

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL!!!!!!!!!!
boggs and cbh, it's all about me, not the little guy that we pretend to be most concerned about,,,,,,,,,,, LOL!!!!!!!!!
CLASSIC!
coboardhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really NW30

Explain to me how the little guy is more represented in Montrose than Durango.

BTW, I have never pretended to care about the little guy on this forum...I have admitted to voting Repub as often as Dem for Prez.
swchandler

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NW30, how you feeling about Chris Mitchum's fate?

Given that it's time to gloat, I have to say Californians got it right. With the nation's infatuation with the Republican party and all their apparent victories, one wonders why Republicans did so poorly in California.
uwindsurf

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
Obama could still be the best president the America ever had if he'd embrace what the American people are telling him.

Stop being divisive
Enable small business to flourish
Modify obamacare
Work with conservatives and sign some bills
Drop the Hubris and be humble
Get off the campaign trail
End the race war
Promote personal responsibility

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report) – President Obama is under increasing pressure to work closely and coöperatively with a group of people who are suing him in federal court, the people suing him confirmed today.

“Over the past six years, President Obama has been stubborn, arrogant, and oppositional,” John Boehner, the Republican Speaker of the House, said. “His refusal to work with people who are suing him is just the latest example.”

Republican Senator Mitch McConnell, of Kentucky, echoed the Speaker’s criticism, adding, “Time and time again, the President has refused to pick up the phone and talk to me, despite my saying that I was doing everything in my power to make him a one-term President.”

Other members of the G.O.P. caucus blasted the President for being aloof and frosty to Republicans who had questioned his American citizenship, the authenticity of his birth certificate, and the legitimacy of his Presidency. “That’s no way to get things done,” Senator James Inhofe, of Oklahoma, said. “He’s got a real attitude.”

Boehner concluded his comments, however, with an olive branch of sorts for Obama. “Mr. President, we Republicans are eager to sit across the table from you and get to work for the American people,” he said. “Otherwise, get ready to be impeached.”
boggsman1

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
LOL!!!!!!!!!!
boggs and cbh, it's all about me, not the little guy that we pretend to be most concerned about,,,,,,,,,,, LOL!!!!!!!!!
CLASSIC!

Please explain.. What's a "little guy"?
My point is ...you mock the liberalism of SF, and I point out that the most desirable places to live are still Blue....thank god. You congratulate us on our progressiveness, I say thank you.
The congress will do battle on the national minimum wage next year, but the liberal bastion of SF already has the highest minimum wage in the country, and guess what? Profit margins, and business has never been better.
If we tax the hell out of soda, maybe we will drink less of it, reduce diabetes and obesity, and heart disease and make America better.
NW .. This socio-economics lesson was free, I don't expect a beer next time we cross paths in the blue pacific.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead wrote:
Boggsman

You do have a point about Blue vs Red towns. The Red town, where I have had a house for 25 years, is located in a beautiful setting. BUT...the town sucks...the MTB trails, I worked on, have been handed over by the local govt to the motor heads...crosswalks are considered target zones...national restaurant chains...cookie cutter subdivisions. The Blue town, where my office is, also stunning, dozens miles of single track, eclectic restaurants, friendly drivers...funky neighborhoods

Why is that?

Good question.....
If I didn't live in the Bay Area, I would be right there with you , maybe live in Morrison, play in Fruita on the weekends, back country in Aspen. Boulder is amazing too....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 12 of 21

Jump to: