myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Time to gloat
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrgybe

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
My point is ...you mock the liberalism of SF, and I point out that the most desirable places to live are still Blue....

I hear that Detroit is lovely this time of year.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
coboardhead wrote:
Boggsman

You do have a point about Blue vs Red towns. The Red town, where I have had a house for 25 years, is located in a beautiful setting. BUT...the town sucks...the MTB trails, I worked on, have been handed over by the local govt to the motor heads...crosswalks are considered target zones...national restaurant chains...cookie cutter subdivisions. The Blue town, where my office is, also stunning, dozens miles of single track, eclectic restaurants, friendly drivers...funky neighborhoods

Why is that?

Good question.....
If I didn't live in the Bay Area, I would be right there with you , maybe live in Morrison, play in Fruita on the weekends, back country in Aspen. Boulder is amazing too....

Boulder? We consider that town to be the Detroit of Colorado!

Off to the Blue town to bike today...the red town trails are packed with the little guys on big motorcycles!
boggsman1

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
My point is ...you mock the liberalism of SF, and I point out that the most desirable places to live are still Blue....

I hear that Detroit is lovely this time of year.

As nice as Alexandria?
Mr Gybe... I'm sure you know that Detroit is on the comeback trail, led by Dan Gilbert.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been my experience that people beyond high school age who say that the place they live is "the best", do so because they haven't lived in many places.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm happy for you. The Bay Area is one of the only places where people move here for the lifestyle.. I will venture you chose the DC area because of your profession, most do. Every day I commute home on the ferry with a view of the golden gate, past Alcatraz and Angel island , and end up at the base of Mt Tam, I count my blessings. The only other towns I would live in are Portland and Denver..
nw30

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
nw30 wrote:
LOL!!!!!!!!!!
boggs and cbh, it's all about me, not the little guy that we pretend to be most concerned about,,,,,,,,,,, LOL!!!!!!!!!
CLASSIC!

Please explain.. What's a "little guy"?
My point is ...you mock the liberalism of SF, and I point out that the most desirable places to live are still Blue....thank god.

The "little guy" that keeps getting hit with more punitive taxation, I'm sure you know what punitive means, punishment through your wallet to try to control your choices, which results in choice reduction w/in a nanny state.
Never liked punitive taxes, never will, and that goes for cigs as well, and I'm not even a smoker.
But the government knows how to govern our "healthy" lives much better than we do, don't they? Pfffft. Homie don't play dat.
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
Never liked punitive taxes, never will, and that goes for cigs as well, and I'm not even a smoker.

I'm the first to admit that I love sin taxes. Why? Because by their definition I don't sin, so every dollar they pay saves me a buck. Better yet, those so-called "sinners" eagerly volunteer, usually even demand, to fill the coffers. If only they still had to pay higher health insurance premiums like they did until recently to offset their higher medical bills and burden!
boggsman1

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree .. As long as insurance is structured as such, I believe people should have to pay for their sins. If you want less of something , tax it!!! It drives me crazy when see moms letting their kids suck down Cokes, knowing it will come back to haunt them later in life... Then the fat kid, loses his self esteem, doesn't do well in school, can't make a good living, then gets called a moocher by the right because he's sucking on the teet of Guvmint. Tax the sinners!!! I'm not paying for them .
mac

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Consistency is too much to expect out of self styled "conservatives", and particularly out of the sage of the Central Coast. Opposed to sin taxes, eh. That makes you someone that favors transferring the risks to the rest of us? But only for light weight stuff--like heart disease and cancer (tobacco causes much more than lung cancer deaths), diabetes, emergency room care, and the cost of dealing with sea level rise? Some conservative--you actually favor subsidizing those that damage other people's property and health for higher profits.

The people apologizing for advertising sugar to kids are the same people who advertised cigarettes to children. They love having you on their side, and transferring the risk to the general public and the profits to their share holders. Are you one?

Glad to be among the 75% in Berkeley who see through this nonsense. We will eventually force an end to advertising deadly products to children.
nw30

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So willing to let the parents off.
For A) not being educated enough, or smart enough to know how to parent, who's problem is that?
And B) without the proper education, or just being lazy, to not be able to properly teach their children how to eat or act.

Just tax those parents more so they have less to spend on the good stuff, they still will buy the bad stuff regardless, always do. The vast majority of those who smoke for instance, are of lower income.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 13 of 21

Jump to: