myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Pipe dream? Obamacare
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 197, 198, 199, 200, 201  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlTA3rnpgzU#t=245
mac

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course mrgybe spun the facts in a manner to mislead. As the saying goes, you can be part of the problem--or part of the solution. He prefers the former. Here is the latter, the actual words in his citation:

Quote:
But these days, the air along the port's 19-mile waterfront is a little purer, the result of local and state programs and laws in recent years intended to make ships, trucks and other equipment run in cleaner, more efficient ways. Port officials and outside experts say the improvements have been significant.

Data released this week show that from 2005 to 2012 the port's diesel particulate matter emissions, which are linked to respiratory problems, have tumbled 70 percent, from 261 tons to 77 tons.

That isn't far from the port's ultimate goal of shaving those emissions by 85 percent by 2020. Other pollutants have also markedly dropped.

"We're very pleased at the progress we've made," said Richard Sinkoff, the port's director of environmental programs and planning.

He keeps trying.
keycocker

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr jibes 95% failure rate of businesses he is connected to is a a lot different from the failure rate of real businesses .
His advice must be the kiss of death.
According to the Small Business Administration www.sba.gov/advocacy
About half all new businesses last five years or more and about one third survive ten years or more.
Business bankruptcies are down 7000 in 2013 over 2012.
Activity in the small business sector has surged in recent years.
When you have a tiny narrow point of view all things good in America are invisible ,so you fake the facts to make your tiny world view seemed real.
Or perhaps that figure only reflects the businesses he is aware of.
pueno

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keycocker wrote:
Mr jibes 95% failure rate of businesses he is connected to is a a lot different from the failure rate of real businesses .

When you have a tiny narrow point of view all things good in America are invisible ,so you fake the facts to make your tiny world view seemed real.

Or perhaps that figure only reflects the businesses he is aware of.

Mr. G. was making a generalization of small business failures based on the success and failures of his business friends.

Since he associates with like-minded stumble-bums and losers, all Mr. G. sees is stumbling and losing.

And it boosts his fragile ego to make others appear to be even worse losers than he is.
keycocker

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Likely such remarks have nothing to do with small business at all.
The point is that America is going to hell in a handbag and it is all the evil Obamas fault.
Seeking proof of that in an improving economy requires fudging out of date cherry picked facts.
That is a perilous path.
Soon a guy can fall over the edge and turn into Iso.
mac

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, much as mrgybe makes a habit out of spin and negativity, the thread is really a bit different. Bard starting by waxing poetic about entrepreneur's, shortly after someone brought up Solyndra. I pointed out that about half of businesses fail, 3/4 fail to repay investors, and 95% of the vaunted start-ups fail.

There is a certain cognitive dissonance in complaining about Solyndra, while bragging about entrepreneurship. Of course, mrgybe then turned it into an ad hominem attack on Obama, with a plea for the lord to help us. His spin had essentially nothing to do with the thread--he was having his Isobars moment--make it about my hatreds. A good Christian attitude. Neither he, nor I, claimed that 95% of businesses fail--just the curious San Francisco area phenomena of start-ups. He can own his own sins, I can own mine.

It would be useful to have an adult conversation about the role of entrepreneurship in America, and whether or not it is changing. How useful is it to those without college degrees? How much in denial are risk-takers about the real risks? And so forth. But expecting adult comments from anyone to the right of RR is pretty much like praying and expecting a miracle tomorrow.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Despite the inaccuracies, you just went up in my estimation. I'm sure the other two will be anxious to withdraw their remarks.
keycocker

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sure jibe would want to withdraw his remark about 95% of businesses failing .
Actually ,no matter how wrong he is , he never admits it.
Lacks the confidence to accept when he is mistaken.
No big deal to be mistaken.
When he doubles down and raises his nose in the air at those who look it up and correct the record, he looks like he made it up on purpose, knowing his statements are a fabrication.
What's the point?
mrgybe

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's just embarrassing. Your fellow traveler from Berkeley tried to set you straight and still you don't get it. Perhaps the words were too long. So let me spell it out for you slowly and simply.

I......DID......NOT.....ASSERT.......THAT.......95%.......OF.......BUSINESSES........FAIL. BERKELEY........DID.

Try reading posts before you comment, or you will continue to look foolish.
pueno

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
It's just embarrassing. Your fellow traveler from Berkeley tried to set you straight and still you don't get it. Perhaps the words were too long. So let me spell it out for you slowly and simply.

I......DID......NOT.....ASSERT.......THAT.......95%.......OF.......BUSINESSES........FAIL. BERKELEY........DID.

Try reading posts before you comment, or you will continue to look foolish.

mrgybe wrote:
The latest definition of "success by Obama"..........anything better than the 95% failure rate achieved by naive mom and pop business start ups. Lord help us!

You're right.

You never said "...anything better than the 95% failure rate achieved by naive mom and pop business start ups."

Can't imagine where that came from.

Lord help us!

. . Laughing . . Laughing . . Laughing . . Laughing . . Laughing . . Laughing . . Laughing . . Laughing . . Laughing . . Laughing . . Laughing . . Laughing . . Laughing . . Laughing . . Laughing . . Laughing . . Laughing . . Laughing . . Laughing . . Laughing . . Laughing . . Laughing . . Laughing . . Laughing . . Laughing . . Laughing . . Laughing . . Laughing . . Laughing . . Laughing . . Laughing . . Laughing . . Laughing . . Laughing . . Laughing . . Laughing . . Laughing . . Laughing . . Laughing . . Laughing . . Laughing . . Laughing . . Laughing . . Laughing . . Laughing . . Laughing . . Laughing . . Laughing . . Laughing . . Laughing . . Laughing . . Laughing . . Laughing . . Laughing . . Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 197, 198, 199, 200, 201  Next
Page 198 of 201

Jump to: