myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Pipe dream? Obamacare
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 199, 200, 201  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrgybe

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pueno wrote:
Go back to Mr. G's original point -- that there was something wrong with the PO, Medicare, SS, etc., because they're non-profits in the red. Work on that one.

I suggest you work on that one. What is it about you people on the left and inventing things people have said?
pueno

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
pueno wrote:
Go back to Mr. G's original point -- that there was something wrong with the PO, Medicare, SS, etc., because they're non-profits in the red. Work on that one.

I suggest you work on that one. What is it about you people on the left and inventing things people have said?

Yeah, you're right, Mr. G. Sorry... My bad.

It was nw's absurdity, not yours.... this time. It was my mistake about who said what.

You guys on the far fruitcake right all screech alike, so it's easy to confuse one with another. I didn't invent the absurdity, I just mis-assigned it, and I apologize to you for embarrassing you that way. I can understand that you wouldn't want to be confused with him.
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right vs. Left = more stupid bigot talk.
I'm beginning to realize you're all a bunch of whiners who really don't want to change anything and are content to just blame others and cut them down in the process. My children are more mature than what I see displayed here.
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
What is it about you people on the left and inventing things people have said?

That is probably Reason One why I won't debate with them.
No, wait ... it's their false ad hominem.
Naaaaaah ... intelligent readers see who's at fault there, so it must be their dodgeball approach to debate: sidestepping the issue when their facts and logic fail.
OOOh ... oooh ... I know: it's the fact that none of them feels any shame when caught every day using those ploys.

Maybe my Meniere's disease is nothing more than the consequences of dealing with liberals.

Last edited by isobars on Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total
pueno

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Fick-shun wrote:

Maybe my Meniere's disease is nothing more than the consequences of dealing with liberals.

What? Dealing with liberals makes you unbalanced?

Liberals make you disabled?

Is that what's troubling you, Bunky?
mac

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coming soon, to a blog near you--the latest right wing meme. Gotta love this one:

Quote:
What is it about you people on the left and inventing things people have said?

You mean like inventing 50 million deaths in Africa from malaria due to the banning of DDT in the United States in 1972? When DDT use in Africa was identified in 1969 as losing effectiveness due to pesticide resistance in mosquitoes? When the WHO and relief organizations report a 25% decrease in malaria since 2006--from pyrethroid treated nets? Is there a source for that fabrication--or will you admit you lied?
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again

Right vs. Left = more stupid bigot talk.
You're all a bunch of whiners who really don't want to change anything and are content to just blame others and cut them down in the process.
mac

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How can Isobars distinguish between Meniere's disease and the asshole clench when he shouts "Get off my lawn"?
mac

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RR--it is not simply a matter of right vs. left, it is a matter of facts vs. fantasy and consistency. Transportation policy is a good thing to actually discuss--the economic histories that I read in college attributed much of the United State's economic wealth to investments in transportation infrastructure. That began with land grants to incentivize the coast to coast rail system--frequently criticized by progressives because it enriched the railroad barons. But that system allowed economic growth from a broad class and geographic segment of the population because it made transportation of produced goods, and people possible.

This was followed by investments in shipping, and in particular the Interstate system--the product of the Eisenhower era and bi-partisan support. However, the temper tantrum wing has taken over the Republican party, which no longer supports infrastructure improvements, and spreads false meme's, such as the Obama stimulus did not create jobs.

Holding up toll roads as the wave of the future, and a solution for the inability of government, is a particularly Alice-in-Wonderland fantasy. Highway construction has classically been an example of partnerships between government and private enterprise, with government analyzing demand, completing design, and acquiring right of way, and private enterprise doing construction. Immense wealth--think Paul Ryan's family--has been created in this way, not merely in construction but in the private investments that have been stimulated in businesses that can afford to ship goods, and in real estate that can be developed. At least in California, toll roads have relied on the government for right of way, belying the idea that they are primarily private activities. But there is a fundamental problem in the financing of infrastructure, which involves maintenance and major repairs of the system. As of 2008, when Federal funding for highway construction and maintenance is indexed to inflation, total spending is only slightly higher than it was in 1965. http://www.scpr.org/programs/offramp/2013/08/12/33196/review-sam-francis-made-great-art-through-great-pa/?slide=6

But the funniest part of mrgybe's post was, of course, its selective consistency. Mrgybe has taken great delight in belittling the potential for renewable energy resources. Those resources now represent 9% of the total US energy budget, and 12% of the electricity supply. Yet he waxes eloquent about the value of toll roads, the 0.2% solution. I know, I know, the saying is that a foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of small minds. I will leave it to you to assess how foolish mrgybe's inconsistency--and subsequent attacks--are. I've drawn my own conclusions.
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
RR--it is not simply a matter of right vs. left, it is a matter of facts vs. fantasy and consistency.

mac wrote:
However, the temper tantrum wing has taken over the Republican party

RR?

And once again you confirmed the left versus right thing PLUS that fact that you're all a bunch of whiners who really don't want to change anything and are content to just blame others and cut them down in the process. Maybe a better description would be a contest of who is the most educated idiot.I'd say you're running a pretty close lead with your opponents.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 199, 200, 201  Next
Page 58 of 201

Jump to: