myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Gun Nuts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 205, 206, 207 ... 329, 330, 331  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrgybe

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Bambi killing hicks"........pejoratives like that reveal ignorance, not an interest in solutions.
real-human

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pointster wrote:
My hope is that as the rate of gun ownership declines, having a gun will be seen as uncool, the province of pathetic, paranoid fetishists and Bambi-killing hicks, and people will donate the guns they inherit to museums as relics of a brutish bygone age, or send them to scrapyards to be melted down and made into plowshares.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/number-of-households-with-guns-on-the-decline-study-shows/

nice dream.... hope your dream comes true.

Last edited by real-human on Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:40 am; edited 1 time in total
pointster

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
"Bambi killing hicks"........pejoratives like that reveal ignorance, not an interest in solutions.

Sorry, I guess I should have called them "plebs".......
jp5

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bluefish1 wrote:
Here is the fundamental difference between liberal and conservative:

Quote:
A conservative says "I don't like guns so I am not going to own one".

A liberal says "I don't like guns so no one should own one".

Unless your a Sandy Hook parent who says "I don't like guns and I don't like them mowing down me or my kids".

The way I look at it is...

"I have the right not to get shot".

"My kids have the right not to get shot".

"The people I love have the right not to get shot".

Sorry JP you got it wrong.[/quote]

You left one out: "I have the right to shoot back".
isobars

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pointster wrote:

1. having a gun will be seen as uncool,
2. pathetic, paranoid fetishists
3. Bambi-killing hicks

1. Do criminals use guns because they're cool, or because they dominate the unarmed?
2. I suspect your and my friends a) whose loved ones have been murdered by criminals because my friends were unarmed or b) saved their or their families' lives with guns would call you much worse names.
3. So now legitimate, responsible hunting is wrong? Man, if you think mice, raccoons, and mosquitoes are a hassle, how would you like to have your property and streets completely overrun by 200-pound rats with antlers, aka deer? (Some towns and at least one stateside military base have had to exterminate swarming deer.) I'm not willing to shoot game for food, but I see nothing wrong with it if done within sensible laws. That said, many hunters are two-legged animals with no regard for four-footed animals. I've risked severe penalties by breaking strict laws several times to put injured wildlife out of their clearly-terminal misery, and have been disgusted to see hunters refuse to do so.
real-human

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
pointster wrote:

1. having a gun will be seen as uncool,
2. pathetic, paranoid fetishists
3. Bambi-killing hicks

1. Do criminals use guns because they're cool, or because they dominate the unarmed?
2. I suspect your and my friends a) whose loved ones have been murdered by criminals because my friends were unarmed or b) saved their or their families' lives with guns would call you much worse names.
3. So now legitimate, responsible hunting is wrong? Man, if you think mice, raccoons, and mosquitoes are a hassle, how would you like to have your property and streets completely overrun by 200-pound rats with antlers, aka deer? (Some towns and at least one stateside military base have had to exterminate swarming deer.) I'm not willing to shoot game for food, but I see nothing wrong with it if done within sensible laws. That said, many hunters are two-legged animals with no regard for four-footed animals. I've risked severe penalties by breaking strict laws several times to put injured wildlife out of their clearly-terminal misery, and have been disgusted to see hunters refuse to do so.

One, you fool people with guns ie the drug lords go after people with guns all the time, soots your stupid argument in the foot right there. and robbers go after banks, armed cars, jewelry stores and so on all the time knowing they are armed you fool. Have told you that before and you have no reply and no argument against it, kinda makes you really a cry baby.

3 you right wingers are such wimps, the founders did just fine with long rifles hunting. Are you that much of a lessor. again go back to the day when men were real men not the wimps your right wingers are now days. again they did just fine fighting off those racoons back then without the machine guns... you wimp.

MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More people are killed with clubs than rifles. As we get older and less able to manhandle assailants, guns provide safety. They also provide a natural defense against an overly intrusive government.

Yes, a well armed militia could overthrow the government. Don't fool yourselves. Our government will eventually fail.
swchandler

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"More people are killed with clubs than rifles. As we get older and less able to manhandle assailants, guns provide safety. They also provide a natural defense against an overly intrusive government.

Yes, a well armed militia could overthrow the government. Don't fool yourselves. Our government will eventually fail."

Bard, should we be worried about a new Confederacy?

Are you with them?
real-human

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalibuGuru wrote:
More people are killed with clubs than rifles. As we get older and less able to manhandle assailants, guns provide safety. They also provide a natural defense against an overly intrusive government.

Yes, a well armed militia could overthrow the government. Don't fool yourselves. Our government will eventually fail.

seriously are you that stupid or are you just a real ashhole?

I have pointed out several times in this thread that you can not fight a tank rolling down the street the government with your pea shooters. You can not stop a fighter jet with your pea shooters. You can not stop government if they use nuclear weapons with your pea shooters. The founders did not envision weapons of such magnitude that the government would possess.

Plus without a constitutional argument the weapons that they envisioned were to stop invasions foreign and inserections coming from america haters like you. But even without that debate you can not stop guided missiles heading your way from the military.

So your argument that you need weapons to fight the government are worthless... and immoral to lie so much.

also I bet you have never been able to handle assailants even in your youth from how wimpy your posts are. yep you just demonstrated exactly what we know about right wingers, they are wimps without guns. You need your guns to be ashholes ie your real selves..

an alarm is much more effective at saving lives and possessions since you are a bed wetter. With smart phones/wifi these alarms are now getting very reasonable in cost, more human factors convenient and more effective. If it will make you a nicer person I will help you pick out a system.

hey wimp, boo... bet you peed your pants again because you can not use your gun on me.

Last edited by real-human on Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalibuGuru wrote:
As we get older and less able to manhandle assailants, guns provide safety.

I've recognized for a few years now that my carrying trigger will be real or outwardly recognizable infirmity. Habitual criminals LOOK for it, my wife is a classic target, and I'm not going to do the smart thing -- run away -- if she's at risk. I definitely do NOT look like a victim yet, but that may change overnight depending on my next anti-cancer steps.

OTOH, I pity the poor sap who assumes that just because she's old, overweight, and has a gimpy gait, she's a pushover. She busts her ass in the gym, grew up on a farm, and thoroughly enjoyed her years at Taekwando.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 205, 206, 207 ... 329, 330, 331  Next
Page 206 of 331

Jump to: