myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Gun Nuts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 212, 213, 214 ... 329, 330, 331  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalibuGuru wrote:
I've been saying that the police are WAY OVER MILITARIZED for a long time.

How is that possible? Shouldn't the police be armed sufficiently to be CERTAIN, if possible, that they will win EVERY legitimate confrontation between the good guys and the bad guys? Whaddaywant ... a fair fight? If the cops were able to achieve and display total control every time, don't you think confrontations, thus crime, would go way down, and that far fewer shootings would be necessary except in cases of deliberate suicide by cop?
mac

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malibu Bard says:

Horrible Liberal fascist threat... As usual.

bigot solidarity. BS for short. But then, Malibu Bard knows fascism.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
MalibuGuru wrote:
I've been saying that the police are WAY OVER MILITARIZED for a long time.

How is that possible? Shouldn't the police be armed sufficiently to be CERTAIN, if possible, that they will win EVERY legitimate confrontation between the good guys and the bad guys? Whaddaywant ... a fair fight? If the cops were able to achieve and display total control every time, don't you think confrontations, thus crime, would go way down, and that far fewer shootings would be necessary except in cases of deliberate suicide by cop?

I think civilian police should be armed in the same fashion as civilians are no more no less except for body armor.

That's the way I read the Constitution.
nw30

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac: "bigot solidarity. BS for short. But then, Malibu Bard knows fascism."

mac: "All except Matty, he can crawl back under the rock he usually lives under."

mac: "Matty--get back under your rock before I pour salt on your bigoted tail and you shrivel up and die."

mac: "Cognitive dissonance or chemo-brain? Or some deeper mental illness?"

All within the last couple of days.
mac, do you even realize how much worse you sound than Donald Trump?

Between you and Dean setting an example of what your side is all about, it's no wonder that you should be worried, even if you guys won't admit it, because your brains won't go there. It's just going to get worse for you guys, so do what you need to do, but the more offensive you get, the worse it will be, just sayin'.
real-human

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
mac: "bigot solidarity. BS for short. But then, Malibu Bard knows fascism."

mac: "All except Matty, he can crawl back under the rock he usually lives under."

mac: "Matty--get back under your rock before I pour salt on your bigoted tail and you shrivel up and die."

mac: "Cognitive dissonance or chemo-brain? Or some deeper mental illness?"

All within the last couple of days.
mac, do you even realize how much worse you sound than Donald Trump?

Between you and Dean setting an example of what your side is all about, it's no wonder that you should be worried, even if you guys won't admit it, because your brains won't go there. It's just going to get worse for you guys, so do what you need to do, but the more offensive you get, the worse it will be, just sayin'.

do you even have a brain? show me where any of my opinions are of the right wing Nazi trumpette. He is you in the mirror...

do you right wingers know you sound and act just like trumpette? well about 40% of all republicans actually.

Do you realize the world hates your trumpette type.... and they are even speaking out in advance because your mantra is so sick to the world.

swchandler

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bard, why didn't the Oregonion note the presence of children in LaVoy's truck? From what I understand, a guy got out before LaVoy sped off to his final destiny, but ultimately the remaining four folks in the truck were all specifically identified in the Oregonion article. Maybe you can explain why the children you claim were in in the truck were never accounted for. Can you provide a credible third source that can prove and support that children were present?
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched the ENTIRE video, not the cut video. There were kids.

Even if there hadn't been, when do police shoot at a moving vehicle??? I've never heard of this. Even with armed bank robbers I've never heard of this. The cops could have stood behind the trees and other vehicles and easily dealt with the car once it stopped. They had set up a road block when they knew he was going to a pre arranged meeting with the sheriff. Couldn't they have asked the sheriff to deal with them? Couldn't they have let the meeting go ahead, then not allowed them back on the federal property?
swchandler

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, you're into a fantasy. What can I say?
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No shortage of incredibly stupid people -

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/pro-gun-florida-mom-shot-4-year-old-son-article-1.2558180

Who the hell leaves a loaded 45 accessible to their young child?
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalibuGuru wrote:
I think civilian police should be armed in the same fashion as civilians are no more no less except for body armor.

That's the way I read the Constitution.

That would be suicide on both the individual and national level. It would boost violent crime very dramatically. Look what even half of that approach by our stupid president has done on a global level, where we're now regarded as impotent cowards. And don't forget about that bank shootout in LA a decade ago. We won the Cold War with a huge nuclear deterrent we had proved we were willing to use, not with slingshots. Russians love life too much to throw it away attacking us, and so do most criminals. (ISIS does not.)

I haven't read the Constitution this month, but I don't remember where it says our cops must virtually disarm themselves relative to the enemy. I don't care if the cops have tanks, bazookas, 50-cal machine guns, armed drones, sound cannons, light sabers, and satellite laser weapons as long as they use them judiciously and it leaves criminals pissing their pants. Anything less and ya got Chicago.

This ain't a John Wayne movie.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 212, 213, 214 ... 329, 330, 331  Next
Page 213 of 331

Jump to: