myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Gun Nuts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 213, 214, 215 ... 329, 330, 331  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mac

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark NW down on the side of those who enable bigotry. The tolerance of the so-called conservatives for the casual bigotry expressed by Matty, Malibu Bard, and 3 of the 4 remaining clowns running for President is the current state of the Republican Party. And of course, the only complaint you have is for those who point it out.
nw30

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for reinforcing my point, you couldn't have done it better.
mac

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for making my point. There will never be a post from a conservative that draws disapproval from another conservative, no matter how bigoted or misogynist. All that is needed for evil to triumph...
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
MalibuGuru wrote:
I think civilian police should be armed in the same fashion as civilians are no more no less except for body armor.

That's the way I read the Constitution.

That would be suicide on both the individual and national level. It would boost violent crime very dramatically. Look what even half of that approach by our stupid president has done on a global level, where we're now regarded as impotent cowards. And don't forget about that bank shootout in LA a decade ago. We won the Cold War with a huge nuclear deterrent we had proved we were willing to use, not with slingshots. Russians love life too much to throw it away attacking us, and so do most criminals. (ISIS does not.)

I haven't read the Constitution this month, but I don't remember where it says our cops must virtually disarm themselves relative to the enemy. I don't care if the cops have tanks, bazookas, 50-cal machine guns, armed drones, sound cannons, light sabers, and satellite laser weapons as long as they use them judiciously and it leaves criminals pissing their pants. Anything less and ya got Chicago.

This ain't a John Wayne movie.

Better read it again. The military should not be involved in domestic matters.

Today they are arming Mayberry RFD with surplus military materials. Defacto military force.
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalibuGuru wrote:
Better read it again. The military should not be involved in domestic matters.

Today they are arming Mayberry RFD with surplus military materials. Defacto military force.

So? It's not the weapons in the armory, but the weapons, tactics, and rules of engagement associated with their deployment and the behavior of the cops, that matter. It's just like "guns don't kill people, PEOPLE kill people." Do you REALLY want just three cops, armed only with pistols with small magazines, coming to protect your family from a home invasion by three drugged-out MS-13 bangers carrying AKs and Uzis and wearing body armor? I want Seal Team Six coming to my home, backed up by Apache helicopters, several Abrams tanks, an ISIS brigade, and an army of Rottweilers trained to eat gang bangers ... all under great leadership. I want the criminals scared absolutely shitless and crying like colicky babies the instant they realize the police have been called. (Similarly, I want our cops to fear prosecution if they disobey RATIONAL rules of engagement ... but not fear prosecution so much that they can't do Job One: protect and serve the innocent public.)

Better 10,000 violent criminals (and maybe a few corrupt cops) get mowed down than a hangnail on one GOOD cop who risks his life to save mine.

And why shouldn't Mayberry have an armored personnel vehicle ... hell, flamethrowers and smart bullets if trained to use them?
swchandler

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I want Seal Team Six coming to my home, backed up by Apache helicopters, several Abrams tanks, an ISIS brigade, and an army of Rottweilers trained to eat gang bangers ... all under great leadership."

I wonder, has isobars done the math on having all of the above? I seriously doubt it. Having a military war oriented police force for every community is out of the real world. On top of that, its totally nuts rationalizing such a paranoid view.
real-human

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boy did I get this one profiled correctly.... Let the fighting fractions fight it out till the last delegate is standing...... Stand your ground if it is a stand your ground state.

http://link.huffingtonpost.com/click/6381120.30686/aHR0cDovL3d3dy5odWZmaW5ndG9ucG9zdC5jb20vMjAxNi8wMy8yNi9yZXB1YmxpY2FuLWNvbnZlbnRpb24tZ3Vucy1wZXRpdGlvbl9uXzk1NTE3MTIuaHRtbD9pcj1Qb2xpdGljcz9uY2lkPW5ld3NsdHVzaHBtZzAwMDAwMDAz/4cb49ba4b61807701fa471f5B75ea1242

Thousands Petition To Allow Guns At Republican Convention For ‘Safety’
Without guns, attendees will be “sitting ducks, utterly helpless against evil-doers.”

Quote:
Tens of thousands of people have signed a petition calling for Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland to allow guns at the Republican National Convention — all in the name of safety.

The Change.org petition, which had more than 26,000 supporters as of Saturday evening, claims that the arena’s weapon ban makes those who attend the RNC in July “sitting ducks, utterly helpless against evil-doers and criminals.”

It’s addressed to Republican candidates like Donald Trump, who’s quoted as promising to eliminate gun-free zones in schools should he be elected.

“Cleveland, Ohio is consistently ranked as one of the top ten most dangerous cities in America,” the petition states. “By forcing attendees to leave their firearms at home, the RNC and Quicken Loans Arena are putting tens of thousands of people at risk both inside and outside of the convention site.”

The argument that gun-free zones are dangerous is thrown around loosely in political circles. It’s often legitimized by misguided anecdotes.

Trump and other candidates often finger the October mass shooting at Umpqua Community College in Oregon as a prime example of gun-free zones leaving locals at risk. While the college does prohibit guns on campus, school officials said at the time that the policy doesn’t apply to concealed carries allowed by state law. There were students on campus with guns, anyway — The Huffington Post spoke to an Air Force veteran who had a legal gun on his hip during the shooting that left 10 dead.

Ohio is an open carry state, but there’s no indication that the petition will have any effect on the arena’s rules, and gun advocates regularly use Change.org to propose sweeping policy change in the wake of tragedy. The gun ban has precedent, too — firearms were banned by the Secret Service at the RNC in Tampa in 2012, AFP reports.

If recent Republican rallies are any indication, it’s Trump who is putting convention-goers at risk. He regularly encourages violence at his events, and rallies that feature The Donald at the podium tend to conclude with fist fights, arrests and racism.

techno900

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the only relevant point here is, how many delegates that will be attending the convention have signed the petition? I would guess, few if any.

I wonder of the petition would have even been considered if it weren't for the disruptive leftists that gather at all the Republican events?

Pretty much, just silliness regardless of how you look at it. It won't matter how many sign the petition, guns will not be allowed in the convention.
real-human

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
I think the only relevant point here is, how many delegates that will be attending the convention have signed the petition? I would guess, few if any.

I wonder of the petition would have even been considered if it weren't for the disruptive leftists that gather at all the Republican events?

Pretty much, just silliness regardless of how you look at it. It won't matter how many sign the petition, guns will not be allowed in the convention.

are you for it? against it?

I find it interesting the RNC decides to have the conventions in places that ban guns.

MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are 10 states that have unregulated CCW. So it's probably already happened.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 213, 214, 215 ... 329, 330, 331  Next
Page 214 of 331

Jump to: