myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Gun Nuts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 214, 215, 216 ... 329, 330, 331  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
techno900

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

baja said:
Quote:
are you for it? against it?

If you mean the petition, I don't care, it's just silliness. There has been and will always be folks on the fringe, in both parties that make waves. No big deal!
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The instructors of our all-day CCW classes occasionally and calmly commented that they had spotted several concealed weapons in the classroom, and said, "We're fine with that, but please keep them out of sight and out of hand. We do NOT want to mix live and dummy weapons or ammo."

I was never able to discern by looking whether our instructors were armed. They were wearing trousers and short-sleeved, fitted, tucked-in shirts, but from David's comments, we were sure there was at least a .38 popgun* tucked in there somewhere.

* He carries his .38 only in civilian functions when and where concealment is his top priority, because even police .38s have very limited stopping power. Their only usefulness is in life-or-death combat within arms' length ... which, incidentally, is where and how most police shootings take place. Even then, it can take a cylinder-full to stop a big, stoned assailant. Add fat and a heavy coat and that .38 can just piss off an assailant in the short term.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The idiot Obama blames guns again, but oops, it turns out this Islamic thug had a G4 Federal firearm license as a security guard. Meanwhile another Imam blasts gays. He says they should be exterminated as an act of mercy. An "American" Imam.

So the early picture is this:
Shooter was a muslim who was incensed over the sight of two men kissing (according to his father), he was a registered Democrat, targeted gays and shot them dead inside a club that was a 'gun free zone.'
Seems this one just about touches all the bases?
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i associate these type of acts with people's mental illnesses. Ideology and political affiliation is irrelevant because they don't represent the majority of those of similar belief systems.
nw30

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can associate an allegiance to ISIS as a form of mental illness, then that's good for you I guess, but I can't go there.
Radical Islam is an ideology, a sick ideology.
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True - key word "radical", as in extremist. That still has nothing to do with whether the person is a registered Democrat. These acts are still not the acts of rational or sane people. Statistically your country has more guns than any other, so that mean more access to guns for these types to act upon their insanity. No guns would equal zero access, and I'm all for zero guns if it means I'm not getting shot.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the punks father said he's running for president of Afghanistan, AND HE'S PRO SHARIA LAW. I say send him back to Afghanistan. Pro Sharia law should be considered a hate crime against gays and women.
nw30

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NP~
That's all well and good, but I highly doubt if there is a single country in the world that, aside from law enforcement, has "zero guns".
You may as well be dreaming for zero idiots, or zero angry people, or zero poverty while you're at it.
Some things are obtainable and some things simply are not.

But that's all I have to say about the gun debate, it's endless and has little to do with what happened in Orlando early this morning.

Political affiliation? Don't care, being an Islamic terrorist, I doubt if he even voted no matter how he was registered, we are mostly infidels after all.
swchandler

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad, but true. By having easy and ready access to guns like NRA advocates want, also ensures that the craziest people have the same kind of access to guns too. It's a vicious circle that promises death and destruction, but you never know when and where it will happen. Every day folks are buying weapons for questionable reasons. Every day.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The left will do what it always does, blame the guns first and not the murdering thugs who use them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 214, 215, 216 ... 329, 330, 331  Next
Page 215 of 331

Jump to: