myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Gun Nuts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 263, 264, 265 ... 329, 330, 331  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coboardhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malibu

How did the left insist on changing the way children in this country are raised? Show me some metrics on this.

As far as I can tell, it is the right who has insisted on allowing us to be armed beyond any second amendment argument. It is the right that continues to cut funding for at risk children. It is the right that fights against childcare credits for stay at home parents. It is the right that fights equal pay for women making it harder to support a family. It is the right that fights maternity leave. It is the right that has continues to cut educational opportunities for minority kids (oops none of the shooters at the schools have been black kids). It is the right that cuts funding for early detection and treatment of the mentally ill.

What, exactly, have the lefties been doing?
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess all countries should have nukes if everyone should have the right to guns, right?
coboardhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalibuGuru wrote:
wsurfer wrote:
#msdstrong
Ban assault weapons. Period!!!

At least the generation of kids who have to shelter in place are making change.
Lots of marches and protests today. 17 Mile walk, one mile for every life lost.

All modern weapons are assault weapons. All weapons are for military purposes. A 6 shooter fires as fast as as semi automatic gun. A punk will just carry 6 or 8 handguns during the next massacre, unless we have CCW.

WHAT! A six shooter? You are honestly going to tell me that a kid could walk into a school with a back pack full of .357's and do as much damage as a semi automatic rifle with a high capacity clip? Good grief Malibu.

I used to shoot with a professional western shooter. Yep, he was impressive in what he could do with single shot revolver. But, the chances of a kid having those skills is pretty low.

According to you, maybe we don't need automatics for soldiers. Maybe each infantry soldier should wear a holster with 7 colt single shot revolvers.

I have a .22 with a high capacity clip. I use it to rapidly shoot floating sticks off the water and keep them bouncing across the pond (safe backdrop private land fwiw). Sorta fun. I also have a target bolt action .22. I can hit the stick once with that.

My friend has an AR15. We shoot rows of plastic pop bottles filled with water. A demonstration of that should scare the sh#t out of anyone who dismisses the danger of these weapons. And, yes, I do the same with my .357 and the effect is a fraction of the AR15.

Ban these guns except by special license.
mac

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malibu doesn’t need any evidence to believe what he wants to believe. But the facts are that armed teachers will increase accidents. We had one today. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2018/03/14/teacher-accidentally-discharges-firearm-in-calif-classroom-he-was-trained-in-gun-use/?undefined=&utm_term=.3b20f750a99d&wpisrc=nl_most&wpmm=1

Without concealed carry and stand your ground legislation, advanced by the extreme right organization ALEC, a teenager in Florida would be alive today.

Those who make money selling military weapons should be ashamed of their take over of the NRA, which was once a sportsman’s organization promoting safety instead of needless deaths. But like Trump, they have no shame.
wsurfer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead wrote:
MalibuGuru wrote:
wsurfer wrote:
#msdstrong

All modern weapons are assault weapons. All weapons are for military purposes. A 6 shooter fires as fast as as semi automatic gun. A punk will just carry 6 or 8 handguns during the next massacre, unless we have CCW.

WHAT! A six shooter? You are honestly going to tell me that a kid could walk into a school with a back pack full of .357's and do as much damage as a semi automatic rifle with a high capacity clip? Good grief Malibu.

I used to shoot with a professional western shooter. Yep, he was impressive in what he could do with single shot revolver. But, the chances of a kid having those skills is pretty low.

According to you, maybe we don't need automatics for soldiers. Maybe each infantry soldier should wear a holster with 7 colt single shot revolvers.

I have a .22 with a high capacity clip. I use it to rapidly shoot floating sticks off the water and keep them bouncing across the pond (safe backdrop private land fwiw). Sorta fun. I also have a target bolt action .22. I can hit the stick once with that.

My friend has an AR15. We shoot rows of plastic pop bottles filled with water. A demonstration of that should scare the sh#t out of anyone who dismisses the danger of these weapons. And, yes, I do the same with my .357 and the effect is a fraction of the AR15.

I get it.
Golf takes precision. Pool takes precision, shooting takes precision, riding waves and carving jibes takes precision.
We get a certain sense of accomplishment when we can do these things well.
I'm glad you exercise restraint and safety when you do your gun thing, I get it.
BUT, UNREGULATED sales of firearms (I know in some places it is well regulated) makes for some bad things happening.
A well regulated militia is what the 2nd amendment is about, not being a "let me do what I want with firearms" as the NRA supports.
If you are firing at targets to "scare the shit" out of people, then maybe you have a problem.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wsurfer wrote:
coboardhead wrote:
MalibuGuru wrote:
wsurfer wrote:
#msdstrong

I get it.
Golf takes precision. Pool takes precision, shooting takes precision, riding waves and carving jibes takes precision.
We get a certain sense of accomplishment when we can do these things well.
I'm glad you exercise restraint and safety when you do your gun thing, I get it.
BUT, UNREGULATED sales of firearms (I know in some places it is well regulated) makes for some bad things happening.
A well regulated militia is what the 2nd amendment is about, not being a "let me do what I want with firearms" as the NRA supports.
If you are firing at targets to "scare the shit" out of people, then maybe you have a problem.

I disagree Wsurfer. Anyone who is not afraid of any gun has a problem. I don't shoot (actually, as I've gotten older I don't have the time to do much anymore) because I want to scare anyone. But, what should scare folks that argue that assault style rifles are no different than the ma an pa (if you have a store in Appalachia) firearm for protection is kidding themselves. A demonstration of the power should scare them back to realism.

No one needs these weapons for self defense considering we have a well armed militia that should protect us from anarchy.
mac

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My granddaughter spent hours yesterday, under a desk and locked down in her high school classroom because of a threat to shoot up the school. Her texts to her mother are heartbreaking. Her father is a cop, who is in danger every day because of the proliferation of guns.

All of you assholes promoting gun ownership for resistance to the government or so a good guy can shoot a bad guy are responsible for this reign of terror. What I hope is that the rest of Americans can see through your cowardice and vote for politicians that will provide for a “well regulated” militia instead of politicians who made it easier for the mentally ill to buy guns.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

quote="mac"]My granddaughter spent hours yesterday, under a desk and locked down in her high school classroom because of a threat to shoot up the school. Her texts to her mother are heartbreaking. Her father is a cop, who is in danger every day because of the proliferation of guns.

All of you assholes promoting gun ownership for resistance to the government or so a good guy can shoot a bad guy are responsible for this reign of terror. What I hope is that the rest of Americans can see through your cowardice and vote for politicians that will provide for a “well regulated” militia instead of politicians who made it easier for the mentally ill to buy guns.[/quote]

Mac

I am sorry for your grand daughter's experience. But, this accusation that anyone who owns a gun is responsible for the "reign of terror" will not move the needle in the direction of doing something about reducing gun violence.

You're a big strong man. A female family member of mine was threatened by a crazy guy (suspect in a murder where a woman was clubbed to death with a baseball bat). She took a self defense firearm safety class so she could carry a weapon and could protect herself.

Sadly, there are reasons, in this country, where private citizens have a legitimate reason to be armed. I strongly feel this is a constitutional right. We're not Canada, or Sweden or Australia. We are a crowded country with a violent streak. I wish this wasn't the case. But, guns did not make this guy who threatened her dangerous and he did not need a gun to kill.

This is not the same as suggesting that AR15 should be household items. Lumping all gun owners into this category is part of the reason why there is not progress on reasonable gun control.
nw30

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead wrote:

Mac

I am sorry for your grand daughter's experience. But, this accusation that anyone who owns a gun is responsible for the "reign of terror" will not move the needle in the direction of doing something about reducing gun violence.
This is not the same as suggesting that AR15 should be household items. Lumping all gun owners into this category is part of the reason why there is not progress on reasonable gun control.

This is the definition of the liberal mind, everyone belongs to a group, easily painted with a broad brush. Individualism doesn't really exist, you are part of a group, also known as "identity politics". So it becomes very easy for anyone who is in favor of gun ownership, to be labeled an "asshole". All it takes is a liberal mind like mac's.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
coboardhead wrote:

Mac

This is the definition of the liberal mind, everyone belongs to a group, easily painted with a broad brush. Individualism doesn't really exist, you are part of a group, also known as "identity politics". So it becomes very easy for anyone who is in favor of gun ownership, to be labeled an "asshole". All it takes is a liberal mind like mac's.

Sorry NW. This is human nature and is not a "Liberal" trait. I just attended a hyper Catholic wedding and the attitude is the same. I was asked to leave a GOP caucus because of my views on choice. The list goes on...

Even your lumping of liberals into a category like this is doing EXACTLY the same thing. Thanks for the example.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 263, 264, 265 ... 329, 330, 331  Next
Page 264 of 331

Jump to: