myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Notice of Race
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
outcast

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, I feel so bad for the Sandy -blasted that I will make sure there is a "Jersey Juice" party or something for any Jersey folks who make the trip to sail our Buzzards Bay. No submerged cars

Will have to talk to my Team Abide bruddas about it, but there will be a Sandy "thing"

whitevan01

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While NJ got hit hard by Sandy, don't forget that LI also got hit hard. For example, the beach where the ECWF had been held is now closed for the season, so we lost one of the most popular launches here and the ECWF. In addition, one of the LI windsurfers/surfers had to complete rebuild his house and was finally able to move back in only within the past couple of weeks.

I will post the information about your event on the LI Windsurfers Group forum on Yahoo, so maybe some of us can come up and sail with you.

So, will your event be called the CCWF or BBWF?
outcast

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no one's forgotten about LI or esp Staten Island....sorry for the understatement.
I just have Jersey sailing roots "Air-Borne" / Seven Presidents LBI etc...
"Jersey Juice" was a place to start...and I had committted to do something last fall because of all the lost access there. Will look for a way to welcome all you guys.

Not part of the Race Committee...just a regular dude with a Lebowski problem

whitevan01

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no worries.
DanWeiss

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's right, no worries. We will accommodate your schedule with open arms!

Just let me know via e-mail, I'll take care of you.

windswell

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:24 am    Post subject: Day rate ? Reply with quote

I hope you'll have a day rate. I'll only be able to be there for Saturday or Sunday.
whitevan01

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, Dan. thanks, I will do that.
DanWeiss

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, a day rate will be offered! Thanks for the interest.

In order to make it feasible to plan, I think its fair that anyone wanting to pay for a day rate will need to pay more than 1/2 the total fee. As I see it now, we will have a nice price for early signup, and then something higher the closer we get to the event date, including on-site, late registration.

Registration fees will be soon established, but please understand that Eddie and I are working hard to provide a top-level event with catering, entertainment and a ton of fun for all. The catering cost is the most of the variable, so the worst it could be is a discount at the hotel eating facility and the food truck. I would much rather give everyone a wristband and have all stuff but bar tabs covered. Having been to events that only offer discounts, I find it hard to carry cash in my wetsuit. You guys are important and deserve to be treated that way.

The event will be a World Paddle Association sanctioned event, part of the WPA National Race Series. As such, we must adhere to certain quality standards and organizational formality than might seem a bit unusual for a wind fest. Still, we are windsurfers first and want a huge turnout regardless of paddle or sail.

If this goes off as we hope, next year could be MASSIVE, and I'm staging this event as a leader for a Kona One championship next year.

We will do our best to accommodate everyone and strive to make it your home event for years to come! Please, please, please e-mail me to let me know your real names if I don't know you already and that you are coming with the details.

Thanks!

gregnw44

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a great idea... very cool that you guys are doing this... and all the input. Keep the stoke going Smile

If I wasn't 3000 miles away, I'd be there...
Greg -
gregnw44

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Well you guys might have a road-weary, tired and out of shape NW windsurfer joining you Smile
I've been kicking around a crazy idea for some days... a 6200 mile round-trip * Seattle, WA - Falmouth, MA road trip !!!

I haven't decided yet, but am moving towards a decision next week, and have been thinking about what's needed for a drive like this... just me and windsurfing gear... no co-pilot (yes, a long solo drive across the U.S.).

Anyway, your event is only 3 weeks away from tomorrow. Will you be able to update, with more info? And how many windsurfers do you expect? What kind of racing... on what days, etc?
I would spend 5 full days, driving there, arriving Fri the 24th.
Then sail 2 days.
Then leave Mon morning, spending 5 full days, driving back west.
That's "heck-of-a-lotta" gas for my van Sad
And a "heck-of-a-lotta" different cheap motel beds every night, for, just over 2 weeks that I'm gone from home Sad
Well... except for the deluxe accommodations there at the Seacrest Beach Hotel Smile
All of this... just to see some country I haven't seen before... and sail Buzzards Bay with you.
And no... I'm not a great windsurfer. Just an average guy who loves the sport, has intermediate to advanced skills in light winds or planning winds, in flat water. Sailing very old gear. I've never done waves, nukin' winds, or freestyle. I'm not a competitive racer, don't know the rules, have only done local club stuff for fun on the local lake with a few other "left-overs", LOL

But, I remember reading about the Buzzards Bay Crossing, back in the day... in Windsurfing Mag (RIP). And, I've never driven across the country before... and this just might be a time to try it Smile

Thanks, Greg -
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

Jump to: