myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Multifin boards bags?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
motogon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:14 am    Post subject: Multifin boards bags? Reply with quote

Does any company produce board bags for multifin boards?
cgoudie1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:58 am    Post subject: Re: Multifin boards bags? Reply with quote

You mean like with little slots for all the fins? I think you're going to
have to go custom for that, but there are several good custom
bag builders. On the other hand, Quads typically don't have very long
fins, and mine will fit inside my standard single fin board bag. So will
my thruster fin Hi-tech.

-Craig

starik333 wrote:
Does any company produce board bags for multifin boards?
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When my bag won't go over the fins, I mark the places on the bag where I need slots, put UV-resistant tape over the future slits, and make slits with a razor knife. That, or I just whack out some slots and just don't sweat the small stuff. My bags aren't carried on top, so the slits don't get blasted by wind.
rswabsin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're lloking for a bag to use for simple day trips to the beach, ect. (and not for serious travel), google "surfboard socks" and you'll find simple polyester bags with a draw string that will strech over your board and fins. Obviously look for a size that's close to your sail board size. They even make these in a tougher denim/canvas material but they don't stretch so you have to buy them a little large. Very inexpensive and they protect from sun and scrathes.

Rob
zeppy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe Simmer makes a board bag with an expandable tail section to accommodate quads and tri fins, although I don't know how thick the padding is on the bags. I tried to get some information from Loopee last year (which sells the Simmer bag), but they never returned my call so I went with a discontinued Dakine that I found at WindSpirit. (http://www.loopeewindsurfing.com/product_p/acc-simmer-boardbag.htm). I also have a Neilpryde bag (also purchased from WindSpirit). I can fit my Quad in both the NP and the Dakine, though it fits better in the NP. Personally, I like the NP better. I think Gun Sails might have some good options as well. Good luck!
norcom

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naish has some bags on sale. Can't beat these bags for the price. They're as nice as my coffin Dakine SUP bag.
http://naishkites.shptron.com/c/soft-tech-harnesses-bags_windsurfing-gear-bags

I've bought several bags from them in the last few years. Though none of them have slits for fins. Not sure why you'd want the fin slits. A tight bag around the board is a nicer fit and maybe Question more ding resistant but you're leaving the fins exposed to any small nicks.

Got the 3 board Freewide bag. Laughing The damn thing is HUMONGOUS! I think you can fit a freeride board with 50cm fin if you just use it for one board. Bag is VERY big and heavy, empty. It's a single zippered compartment with layers in it to fit between the boards. You can remove the layers and make it a single board bag. It also has wheels which add a lot of the weight.

I also bought the double wave board bag. It has two completely separate zippered compartments. I believe it's 265x70cm but I'd have to walk out to the garage and check.
motogon

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NP heavy duty single bag looks interesting ... but price Rolling Eyes
Yes, I know, it's NP.

wsurfn1426

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew:
Late reply, but I went with the NP HD single for my quad, and my fins are the largest production MFC set (my board is 112 liters). It fits really nice with or without the fins. The latest Dakine bags are a step backwards in materials/build IMO. The only complaint I have with the NP bag is there is no reflective material used (mine is black/grey in color). I live in TX, heat is an issue. I liked the old tough reflective material used in the older DK single wall bags, which I have my FS board in. Expensive? I think it is fair for the quality/construction of the bag. Maybe you can find an older closeout single wall somewhere.
wdsurf

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:02 pm    Post subject: multifin board bags Reply with quote

AIRWAVE sanfranciso,ca. made me two bags for quads fins are in bag no slits/slots VERY NICE Exclamation ads are in index at bottom of page I think.quick,great quality,price Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: