myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
a few observatons, questions and rants
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thombiz

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a possibility that the custom board builder(s) had an "issue(s)" with Mike and gave him what they thought he deserved!
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thombiz, you're behaving like an idiot and a rabblerouser. Your childish jab makes no sense in light of the feedback I referenced from scores of owners and testers of one commonly overrated brand, of the fact that only two of the failed boards of another brand were mine, of the fact that any shaper's reputation depends on his product, and the fact that those two boards were produced under contract with the intent of expanded business, hurt by those failures. You're just trying to use an important equipment issue in your small-minded vendetta at the expense of potential buyers. You should be ashamed of adapting Rom Emanuel's mantra, "Let no crisis go to waste".

My GOD, but are there any adults here besides the small handful who can stick to a topic?

Who wants their sails or boards repaired by a child?
U2U2U2

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
Thombiz, you're behaving like an idiot and a rabblerouser. Your childish jab makes no sense in light of the feedback I referenced from scores of owners and testers of one commonly overrated brand, of the fact that only two of the failed boards of another brand were mine, of the fact that any shaper's reputation depends on his product, and the fact that those two boards were produced under contract with the intent of expanded business, hurt by those failures. You're just trying to use an important equipment issue in your small-minded vendetta at the expense of potential buyers. You should be ashamed of adapting Rom Emanuel's mantra, "Let no crisis go to waste".

My GOD, but are there any adults here besides the small handful who can stick to a topic?

Who wants their sails or boards repaired by a child?

Good morning Dear Knight of the Gorge,

All the advise that Thombiz has given me has been valuable, and put into use with very satisfactory results.

Why bring God into it ?

this quoted Emanuels is typical of out of context........

its says ::

You never let a serious crisis go to waste. And what I mean by that it's an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before.

""Rahm Emanuel""

http://www.k4fins.com/fins.html
http://4boards.co.uk/
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

U2U2U2 wrote:
I will say that Mike could be"NOT" disclosing any names of board builders because he doesn't want to open a different can of worms, or tarnish the reputation, or any other number of reasons

I've posted the name of one of those shapers because his product and service were inexcusably bad and he has largely gone in a different product direction. I've also posted some of the many reasons I don't discuss any other such names in public. One of the most important is that, unlike so many of the posters here, I take attempting to harm someone's reputation or diminish his positive contributions, whether supported on facts or BS, very seriously. I have bitten and will keep biting some large caliber bullets to that end.

Many of you may someday understand that principle if and when you grow up.
swchandler

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh brother, what a load of nonsense from our self professed Gorge expert. Rather than be more specific about criticisms where candor is of value, just paint a broad negative picture of custom boards in general. That's hardly an adult way of voicing your thoughts and experiences in a way that is beneficial. Add to that all the rude commentary, and the overall dialog suffers.
outhaul

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about those Bics!
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly Outhaul!

If Exocet (French) would only have their boards built to Bic standards, in Bics factory, (and at their prices), perhaps they'd have a winning hand, with no further complaints of flimsy wind S.U.P.'s cracking up.

Judging from the Bics I've used and still own, I don't believe there would be much, if ANY, loss of performance owing to being just a tad heavier.
U2U2U2

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

outhaul wrote:
How about those Bics!

Wink

yup

This one time, one time in band camp ..!!

http://www.k4fins.com/fins.html
http://4boards.co.uk/
outhaul

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The crazy thing is the 11'8 Exocet WindSup is not exactly a light board, 15.8 kg and 14.3 (wood). For comparison the Bic 11'6 SupWind (which has a dagger board) 15.0 kg. Not saying the Bic is better or ever equal, it's a new board, but just used purely for weight comparison for a 11'6 board made the Bic way (TS). Here's a breakdown of the process copied from their website.
This technology is relevant to the CTS and TS boards, which are boards made from a low-density polystyrene core, covered by a fibreglass coat with carbon fibre reinforcements. Resin is then applied to this fibre, and the whole mix undergoes a high-pressure thermoforming procedure in one single process. That gives optimum results from the materials, reducing weight and giving a performance equal to more expensive sandwich construction boards but with much better resistance to knocks than Epoxy Sandwich.
• CTS : Stiffness, light weight and strength. Incorporates uni-directional carbon fibre reinforcements along the rails und under the footpad (Techno 293 One Design).
• TS : Compromise weight/strength with glass fibre reinforcements at all the important points on the board (Techno / Core / Nova).
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Outhaul, for a return to sanity and the topic.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: