myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Dozens of Jericoacoara rental boards for sale at Windance
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnl

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nukin wrote:
Well there goes the used market Hood River. Thanks to Windance nobody is going to get more than $750 for a board or $200 for a sail no matter it's condition. And what wiil swap meets be like when Windance rolls out all of their used stuff. By the way do.we really need six swap.meets this summer?

Well since the swap meets are sponsored by CGWA and they use the proceeds to help promote, develop, and improve windsurfing sites, perhaps you should look beyond yourself and see the bigger picture Smile So yes, more swapmeets, more revenue....

On the other hand it is going to make it tougher to sell my Naish 100 Freestyle with that many other used freestyle boards hitting the market Sad

But I can't blame Dave (Windance) for seeing a good opportunity and seizing it....
gwandsh

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Used boards market Reply with quote

Yep, for us bottom feeders that don't have a budget (or sponsor) to buy new on a regular basis, a good glut of used boards ain't bad.
And I have 3 or 4 coming on the market real soon as well. Them's the breaks.
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After I've sailed my last reach, I'll be flooding the market with a looooooong row of carefully chosen B&J and wave boards which excel in the Gorge and anywhere else nasty chop messes with the swell and waves. Git yer checkbooks ready. In the meantime, be glad I have a lifetime supply of them, otherwise get out of my way at swap meets ... please. Laughing
joew

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iso, it will be a sad day when you, or any of us for that matter, sail their last reach. At 62 I'm still watching the weather like a newly minted short board sailor, thirty years of chasing the wind and still haven't given up the stoke. That said, I need to check out the WD site for these Jeri boards (just what I need) Iam down to my last 17 boards!!
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

joew wrote:
Iso, it will be a sad day when you, or any of us for that matter, sail their last reach. At 62 ... I am down to my last 17 boards!!

WTFick does any of us need with 17 boards?
MY excuses are:
1. I LOVED the first dirt cheap swap meet board I bought (5 cents on the dollar, mint condition, rated by WSMag as the best shape ever designed), and it set a buying spree in motion ... with no regrets.
2. The next swap meet board was and is an all-time production classic, cost a whopping dime on the dollar, sailed like a dream, was virtually new but broke in half after a fantastic season almost solely on it (it's light and well known for tender decks), so I've vacuumed its clones up from swaps for years now so I'll never be without one.*
3. Then I branched out into other carefully chosen great boards just to enjoy the variety available within my tight size and performance criteria.
4. There's always the chance that the industry may collapse.
5. They're often cheaper than sunglasses or even board shorts, and if a purchase doesn't meet my personal criteria I can get all or most of my money out of it simply because its depreciation curve has flattened out and I've improved it.

What's YOUR excuse? Smile

* Hell, no, I ain't sayin' ... not until I'm sure I'm done vacuuming.

At 62, I hope you're watching your PSA closely. My idiot doctor didn't, and that has become the most likely end to my WSing career.
Nukin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Well since the swap meets are sponsored by CGWA and they use the proceeds to help promote, develop, and improve windsurfing sites, perhaps you should look beyond yourself and see the bigger picture Smile So yes, more swapmeets, more revenue....

How much of that revenue is to cover Greg's $30,000.00 a year salary?[/quote]
joew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey try living in Hood River on 30K, first take a vow of poverty. the CGWA provides a much needed, and appreciated service at the swap meets they sponsor. The best deals on the planet come out of their trailers at swap meet time, recycling donated gear that would probably rot in attics, garages,and under decks if they didn't provide a conduit to get it back in circulation. Additionally, swap meets are just alot of fun, a gathering of tribe, a windsurfing Kaffeklatch, and the truth is everyone loves a deal. So, swap meets, the more the merrier!
speedysailor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

westender wrote:
I think he said is was container shipment.
Interesting logistics. You have to load a barge with the container that you filled with boards. I also wouldn't doubt that they are replacing these rental boards with new ones. It seems like you would need some rather hefty stevedores with equipment for that.
isobars

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="joew"]Hey try living in Hood River on 30K, first take a vow of poverty .../quote]
Or live in a van down by the river. Those were the good old days ... except when it was calm and 100 degrees everywhere.
westender

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Truck rentals too.

speedysailor wrote:
Interesting logistics.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: