myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Sleep well, Bush and Cheney
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are still paying veterans from the civil war.....OMG

ONE child of Civil War veteran is still receiving soldiers' pension nearly 150 YEARS after conflict ended

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2296995/Child-Civil-War-veteran-STILL-receiving-soldiers-pension-nearly-150-YEARS-conflict-ended.html
swchandler

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So we know who the illegals are, are you suggesting that they wear an arm band, a sown-on patch, or be permanently marked with a visible tattoo?

Of course, if they don't want to play the game, they could simply leave and never come back.
pueno

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
We are still paying veterans from the civil war.....OMG

ONE child of Civil War veteran is still receiving soldiers' pension nearly 150 YEARS after conflict ended

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2296995/Child-Civil-War-veteran-STILL-receiving-soldiers-pension-nearly-150-YEARS-conflict-ended.html

Better yank those bucks back so the country can afford to pay Mikey his disability while he windsurfs and motorcycles...

swchandler wrote:
So we know who the illegals are, are you suggesting that they wear an arm band, a sown-on patch, or be permanently marked with a visible tattoo?.

There was a time, long, long ago, when tattoos were applied by guys wearing arm bands...

Do we want to go back there?
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't be silly. It will be voluntary. If you don't register as an illegal alien, then you will be sent home in 10 days if you haven't registered. THIS IS OUR COUNTRY AND WE MAKE THE RULES..
swchandler

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bard, I can't believe how naive you are. Why don't we look at the issue of registering guns. Under the promise that no one is trying to take your guns, you simply need to register them so that we know who legally owns guns and what they are. No problem, right? What's the predictable response from gun lovers, particularly those who subscribe to the views of the NRA? Now, let's layer on an edict that if you are found with an unregistered gun, it will be taken away with absolutely no chance of getting it back, and you are never allowed to own a gun again. Again, no problem, right?
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Different concepts Chandler. If they required registering guns, all law abiding citizens would register. However, you could be sure the criminals wouldn't.

Requiring illegals to register so they could get a work permit would be a no brainer for them. Only the criminal illegals wouldn't register. We need to know who is in our country and get rid of the free loaders.
swchandler

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"If they required registering guns, all law abiding citizens would register."

Bard, that's an arguably untrue statement. Now, if I owned a gun and registration was required, I would comply. It wouldn't be a big deal for me, because I'm not a gun nut fanatic that believes that the government is trying to take away my rights under the 2nd Amendment.

Just remember back some time ago about the video posted here where this wingnut from the South came out and indicated that no one would take his assault weapons away without a war of sorts. Although he came back and ratcheted down his dialog a bit because of all the negative press he got, I think most know what he really thinks. Is a guy like this going to comply with gun registration? No way, and there are many many more of his ilk around us that feel similarly. Are they real criminals? Probably not, but I know I wouldn't trust them for a second because of their warped point of view about guns. In my view, folks that fantasize and think about guns all the time are way too close to crazy for me.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you Chandler, however gun registration is different than an ultimatum that gives the registrants rights, rather than taking them away. Wouldn't any law abiding illegal register if it gave him a chance to legally stay in the U.S.? Whereas if he didn't register, he'd be shipped out in 10 days.
swchandler

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't say that I see the issue of resolving our illegal immigration problem as an ultimatum of any sort, no matter how one looks at it. However, I'm sure that some kind of reasonable resolution of our illegal immigrant population, at least in dealing with those already in the US, will involve an identifying and documentation process that might be construed as a registration of sorts. That would have to include a very detailed process of proofs substantiating that illegals have been employed and living in the US for a specified period of time, and in my view, that should require reliable third party verifications.

But, when it comes down to the idea of deporting those that don't "register" being subject to deportation in 10 days, that's an impossible pipe dream. We do not have the necessary numbers of federal employees to even begin to make that kind of threat a reality, and any idea of making local police authorities responsible for enforcing it is a total non-starter. Making rules that you can't enforce and uphold doesn't fool anyone, including illegals.

When I comes down to it, one of the principle tasks in resolving our illegal immigration problem will be how we make sure that we effectively end any future inflow of illegals into the country. The government can only do so much, and that's where we get back to the point I brought up earlier about what happens in our neighborhoods around the country. If US citizens and businesses don't stop illegally hiring aliens, the problem cannot be resolved with any degree of success.
keycocker

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't here a law already that illegal aliens are subject to deportation immediately and not in ten days that we can't enforce?
Chandler said it all. They come here because we don't prosecute employers for hiring them. If you find a job in Mexico without a green card your boss will be in jail in just days along with you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: