myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Windsurfing with torn toenails - please help
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
norcom

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Small updated on the Atans.

Today I tore through one of the booties, not sure what I stepped on. I felt a slight breeze while walking on the beach. The tear is right between the split toe. I'm going to try and glue it with some wetsuit repair cement but I'm having doubts it will hold. They didn't last very long but my feet are cringing when I'm thinking of going back to the ONeill Superfreaks. I also noticed that the second bootie has started developing a small tear in the same area.

I've used the Atans since April and I have to say these are VERY VERY VERY VERY comfortable. I'm no longer losing my big toe nails! My feet no longer hurt after a session. When they say that they do feel like bare feet, they're right. But they should also mention that you should walk in them as if you were barefoot. For fiddy bux my foot would heal. Laughing
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I bought my lightweight booties (much like the Atans), the dealer said, "They're for occasional sailing, not everyday use and surely not for walking in."

But in 33 years of clumsy and very active sailing, almost all of it barefoot, I've never torn a toenail even to the quick, let alone to flesh. I suggest cutting them shorter so they can't snag.
MattD

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the record, I was checking on some rigged sails under our house as a squall was rolling through, and managed to slam my foot into a concrete block (no lighting). Not a windsurfing accident, technically Smile
whitevan01

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

norcom wrote:
Small updated on the Atans.

Today I tore through one of the booties, not sure what I stepped on. I felt a slight breeze while walking on the beach. The tear is right between the split toe. I'm going to try and glue it with some wetsuit repair cement but I'm having doubts it will hold. They didn't last very long but my feet are cringing when I'm thinking of going back to the ONeill Superfreaks. I also noticed that the second bootie has started developing a small tear in the same area.

I've used the Atans since April and I have to say these are VERY VERY VERY VERY comfortable. I'm no longer losing my big toe nails! My feet no longer hurt after a session. When they say that they do feel like bare feet, they're right. But they should also mention that you should walk in them as if you were barefoot. For fiddy bux my foot would heal. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: