myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
tuning 5.6 sail for max power to replace 7.5 in light wind
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BRIMAR

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zirtaeb, Not sure what to say you have all these years of sailing experience and seem to have great respect for the Sailworks guys but insist on labeling Huckers as some sort of mediocre onshore wave sail. The fact is that they are very fast, Stable and easy to rig.
How can you say that they fail as a speed sail? sure they aren't going to be as fast as a dedicated four cam Speed sail they weren't marketed as such but guess what There pretty damn fast:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twD9dAMIDFw&feature=player_embedded

And how can you say that the Huckers "failed" at Slalom Racing? Look at this video at 2:05 and you will see Bruce on a 5.6 Hucker against Phil McGain's three Cam dedicated Slalom sail.
FAIL?? He got Third in the US Nationals! Would he have gotten first on another sail? we will never know

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7rm79vrWag

Can your Duke or NR do that?? (Note Dukes and NR's are great sails for what they were designed to do)

Zirteab i'm really stoked that you are pleased with your current sails THATS AWESOME! Please stop trying to underscore the incredible diversity of Bruce and Dales Hucker line of high performance freeride sails.

I'm 260# and 95% of my days on the bay are on a 5.6 Hucker that alone speaks volumes about their low end and versatility.

Please zirtaeb if you would like to try my personal 5.6 Hucker PM me and i'd be more than happy to hook you up so you can see for yourself.

Brian
dllee

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fool's gold, and you're the fool.
Do you really think Bruce can design a sail no other sail company can design, and carry it out for 8+ years, without other companies catching on?
But if you treasure your fool's gold, I'm glad you're happy.
BRIMAR

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever dude!
Ok you can have it (The last word that is)
Enjoy it
BRIMAR

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meanwhile back in upstate somewhere near Canada the original poster is scratching his head pondering why he is even interested in hanging out with a bunch of bickering old salty bastards who only agree that theirs is the only opinion that ever mattered. Once again we have alienated another newcomer to our wonderful sport. overwhelming our newcomers with infinite menutia regarding rigging tips & gear will never succeed in resurrecting our sport from the depths of extinction.
Demond or Zirtaeb or LeeD or whatever you feel like calling yourself these days you Havnt changed a bit in years of posting your condescending opinions. YOUR NOT HELPING the sport you and I have enjoyed for over 30 years by disagreeing with everyone!

If you read GregNW's posts you will find an underlying common denominator, compassion for his fellow sailor with an emphasis on helping newcomers to our sport!

Something you need to learn Demond
isobars

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or one could ignore any condescension, death wishes, etc. and focus on the information being offered ... just as some of us ignored the first thousand or so baseless personal attacks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: